For those that suffer with acne....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I want to share my new discovery, in case it might help someone.

When I was a teenager, I didn't really have a problem with acne. I would maybe get a zit in my hairline around that time of the month, but nothing terrible. Fast forward a few years, I'm pregnant with my daughter and develop terrible cystic acne. Like, really terrible. I was happy if I'd wake up with only one new pimple. That was everyday, at least one. I've tried every cleanser available in stores and quite a few medications proscribed by my dermatologist. They would make my skin dry and my acne worse. During my last visit, she suggested I start Accutane. I didn't want to, so I declined and decided I'd just have to suffer through my acne.

We recently started our own apiary (bee hive) so we could get our own honey (yum). While researching my bees, I ran across a blog about a girl who used raw honey to help with her acne. I keep raw honey in my cabinets all the time, so I figured why not?

I mixed the raw honey with enough cinnamon to make a paste and have been using it on my face for the past 2 weeks (along with diluted apple cider vinegar as a toner and unrefined coconut oil as a moisturizer). You know what? Its working! I've had one tiny pimple pop up near my hairline since I've started, that's it! And using the honey/cinnamon as a spot treatment sent that pimple running for the hills. I can't believe it! My pores are smaller, my acne scars are starting to disappear and my skin is silky smooth. AMAZING!

I just had to share. If this help just one person, the time I had to take to make this post will be so worth it!

In this post given information is useful and informative. It is effective for skin. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you! I have quite a few acne scars that need clearing up; this sounds like a fantastic option.

Great tip!
I used to have some acne when I was younger, but they kinda went away as I grew older.. It helps that I cut out milk/dairy from my diet. Soy milk tends to be the best substitute  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I'll try raw honey next time if I can get my hands on them.

I've also faced acne on my face during my teenage and they disappeared naturally, I used milk plus turmeric powder and cinnamon power.  Acne were really headache to me.  

I've tried EVERYTHING including manuka honey, spices, etc and I'm giving in and am on accutane currently. After 10 years under a derm's care and my skin getting nothing but worse I threw in the towel. 

Yes! Honey for skincare is miraculous! As is apple cider vinegar. Glad you discovered it without having to go through more prescriptions.

I am really thankful to you. As I really suffer a serious acne problem in summers and nothing was affecting me. I tried this one and it really worked well.

Latest posts

Back