Lipstick application...With a brush or straight from the bullet?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I typically use a brush for lining (I never wear lip liner since I don't own any but I may find out it is a lot easier than what I've been doing) and fill in the rest with the tube. I can't get the right intensity with a brush or crisp lines with the tube. I really should pick up some lip liners though...

I do it from the bullet. I have a lip brush, but I'm generally too lazy to use it. I also feel like I have to wash it after every use or it gets gross, so I use it even less.

Usually from the bullet, but I have a couple of very dark shades that simply apply to patchy (patchily?) and require the use of a lip brush.

... I agree with washing the brush right after. It squicks me out the leave a lip brush dirty, more so than other brushes.

Bullet. Even though I have a tiny mouth I hate lip brushes

From the bullet. I like my lipstick to be very opaque and using a lip brush just takes up too much time.

Bullet. Always. I'm looking forward to finishing this Shiro tinted lip balm sample so I can ditch the clamshell and use directly from the tube! I just can't justify doing that when I still have at least a month's worth left in the sample.

If I'm not doing lip liner, and not doing a more natural color, I'll do most with the bullet, then go around the edges with a brush.

For neutral colors I skip the brush.

The only people I see using a lip-brush is actors who like to do their own lips themselves. Everyone else that I see, it's from the bullet.

I do from the bullet 95% of time. I do apply it with a light touch and blot in between"coats". I usually do 3 coats. I use a lip brush with a really saturated color so I can apply thin layers and build it slowly.

Latest posts

Back