autopilot

(Spoilers) Julep July 2014

Shoshanna, Yumi, and Evangeline are Julep holos that I have. Evangeline is one of my fave Juleps ever. It's kind of matte. I'd love more of those, and more Stardusts.

W8.jpg

Shoshanna, Yumi, and Evangeline are Julep holos that I have. Evangeline is one of my fave Juleps ever. It's kind of matte. I'd love more of those, and more Stardusts.

W8.jpg

I love the finish on Evageline and Rebel but I could never keep them on my nails. Chip city.

I'd love for Julep to keep going with the textured polishes and make something than the sea salt/stardust finishes (I'm super fond of the silk finishes despite my dislike of the colors and I'm eyeing the other special effect polishes something fierce), but I'd like them to improve the formula first. I could wear OPI's liquid sand polishes for a week with minimal tip wear, but Julep's stardusts from February plus Tracy all chipped within three days when I wore them. I wore Jennine about two weeks ago and put top coat on some nails but not others to see what happened. The ones with no top coat chipped badly, of course. :\

In general, I'm not sure what I want to see them come up with. The three months of brights are still so recent and they just went darker for June, so who knows what they'll go with for July?

Also, looooooove Julep's holographics. I think Joelle was one of the first polishes I paid full price for and it was so worth it. Gorgeoussssssss. Thank goodness I ordered Rebel during the Red Marker sale since they just stopped selling it!

I did end up just cancelling my Maven account before I even got my first box. I'm really not interested in their non-polish items and I've gotten to use the polish a few times since I got a welcome box last month...just not impressed, especially for the price  :unsure:  I'm also annoyed with the almost-daily emails and Facebook spam to buy their products. 

However I will continue to live vicariously through this thread, stalking for colors I hope I can get on sale eventually! 

I looove the sea salt spray.  Julep's is probably my favorite that I've tried so far- I like it better than toni & guy and marc anthony.  So I wouldnt be sad if they sent that out again.

I love Julep but admittedly the quality is so hit or miss for me in terms of how long it lasts. Like Kam? Lasted over a week with barely any chipping.  Other colors? Chip chip chip, sometimes within a day of them being painted, no matter what kind of base/top coats I use.

One of my all-time favorite collections was last July - the California Coast Collection. It was an awesome mix of creams, shimmers, a cool topcoat and a sea salt finish. In particular, we got Adele, Blakely, Tracy and Angela which are 4 of the best colors I think Julep has ever done. Plus, the sea salt hair spray and the yummy beach tonic body oil came out then too. And didn't we even get some green tea oil blotting papers as the surprise gift that month?

I have Adele and have absolutely no idea how to wear it. Do you use it as a top coat? If so, what colors do you use underneath?

I have Adele and have absolutely no idea how to wear it. Do you use it as a top coat? If so, what colors do you use underneath?

I use it on its own a lot, but you can also use it as a top coat over pretty much anything.

Agreed on Adele. I think it looks great over Angela, Faye, Karen, Joanna and Alaina from

the California collection. Or a cream color.

I use it on its own a lot, but you can also use it as a top coat over pretty much anything.

Agreed on Adele. I think it looks great over Angela, Faye, Karen, Joanna and Alaina from

the California collection. Or a cream color.

Thanks guys. I think it's the greenish tint of Adele that's thrown me off in trying to pair it.

I love it over Char.

One of my all-time favorite collections was last July - the California Coast Collection. It was an awesome mix of creams, shimmers, a cool topcoat and a sea salt finish. In particular, we got Adele, Blakely, Tracy and Angela which are 4 of the best colors I think Julep has ever done. Plus, the sea salt hair spray and the yummy beach tonic body oil came out then too. And didn't we even get some green tea oil blotting papers as the surprise gift that month?

I agree - I think this was the best collection thus far. I did the full upgrade and loved every single thing in that box. 

I skipped last July but over the past year of mystery boxes and sales I've acquired every polish and product from that collection. EXCEPT for Fireworks. Which I still kind of want. 

I skipped last July, not really my kind of colors.  I wouldn't mind some more textured finishes though, but personally I would wish that they would be bright colors.  I'm just really antsy to see what's in store this month!!! I keep checking the blog but nothing yet.  Hopefully tonight they do a FB spoiler post with one of the profiles.

• Like 1

I just got my June box yesterday!!!

Luckily, I love the colours I picked so for now I'm happy with the customization.

Sneak peek today, I suppose?

• Like 1

This is showing in my account:

Your Box: July It Girl Box
Includes:

• Linden
  • Braiden
  • Dawn

I've never had a box from them before, it's too soon for that to be correct, right? I just ordered the free box with the nautical theme last week and had planned on cancelling.

• Like 1

Mine says the mint condition pedi cream and body milk is in modern beauty!! Awesome!!!!

• Like 2

Bombshell:

Lissa

Beverly

Body Milk

Feel like there was already a Lissa...does that ring a bell with anyone?

• Like 1

Bombshell:

Lissa

Beverly

Body Milk

Feel like there was already a Lissa...does that ring a bell with anyone?

There was a Lisa...I don't remember a Lissa.

Wow this spoiler is super exciting for me as I always deal with dry skin, even in the summer.  I have really loved most of Julep's beauty products; as this point, I think it keeps me more interested than the polishes do!