I got my hair did! Box braid extensions :)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got my hair done yesterday! Some chunky box braids! Woohoo!

Here's a pic 
smile.png
 You can't really tell, but I have black and a bronze-y brown mix.

0223cbec-4f30-404a-976e-b38a445d82d4_zps1efbfeeb.jpg

The price was right ($70, though I tipped her $10, so it totaled $80), and, she was wicked fast and from start to finish it took just under 3 hours.

We used almost 6 packs of the Janet Collection Super Jumbo braid, cut in half, and I think the length is perfect.

The braids are very secure, but not too tight, and she left my edges be because my hair is baby hair fine along them.

Overall, I am extremely happy with the results, and if these babies last well, she will be my go-to braider! The braids have already started to feel more natural rather than tight and stiff, and I think by tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest, they won't feel like extensions anymore.

I've been wanting braids for about 6 months, but I had to wait until my hair was long enough for them. I'm hoping to keep these in for 2 months.

Wow, they look very nice, I'm glad they aren't too tight, and also that you got a good person to do them for you. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If she wasn't good, it would have definitely been a real pain.

They look nice on you too. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks! I absolutely love them! They feel natural now. The only thing really left to get used to is pulling them up in a ponytail because they're so thick. But I don't plan on putting it all up often anyway since that's not how I like wearing extensions. I'm much more likely to put it half up.

i can most definitely assure you they exist, and they are something extraordinary. you will quite often find that an excellent stylist spends a lot of time on you, or asks lots of personal questions...answer them...build rapport, and don't be impatient. and when you find the right one, never leave!

Back