Lorna ljblog

Are You New to Memebox?

@@PrettyAndWitty It's a bit hard to tell which will be duds. Sometimes Memebox doesn't follow their descriptions (Herbal box without the herbs they mentioned, Waxing box with no wax) and the pictures don't always relate to the actual box. You can try to guess what will be in each box by looking through the Memeshop as some products in the box will be featured some time before the box shipping date. You can also wait for Memebox to spoil some items before deciding if you want to cancel your order. I really liked the first Whole Grains and Anti-Aging 2. There was a spoiler for Moisture Surge that a lot of people on here are excited about.

Superboxes contain only full size items, but Memebox considers single-use masks as "full-size" 

@@BSquared I think the Global boxes and the Luckyboxes are a great for those just starting out. They usually have high value. If you see items you liked in past boxes, Luckyboxes guarantee repeats, although you're taking a gamble on which repeats you'll be getting. Other than these two, I'd say go for the themes that you like.

Thougth I had replied here...

Anyway I would always go with globals, but with the only globals being the 17-19 which are not shipping til November a couple might be needed for before then! Out of the ones currently available I would chose chocomania or yoguhrt :D

• Like 1

I'm new to Memebox. I've seen Memebox around for a while but didn't get the appeal. I browsed a bit and put some boxes on my wish list but this was back when the boxes were a lot harder to come by and they just had the infrequent Globals and Lucky and so forth. (I can't remember the specifics; just that there weren't many options.)

Now there are so many!! And I feel like I have cuteness overload!! It's like I'm in a candy shop - I just want the most adorable things. 

I ended up getting three boxes: Cafe Box, Rose Edition, and Tonymoly. I don't think any of them ship until October, so I am doomed to wait months to see any of them.  :(

• Like 2

@@CuriouslyAmanda Well, some boxes that are currently sold out (usually ones that have yet to ship) may come back in stock with super limited quantities, so check back on your wishlist or the page for the box, frequently. Also, sometimes the lovely ladies here will give notice in the "Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service" thread if they catch restocks. It's really on just how quick you can catch a restock, so good luck on getting something that you may have your eye on!

• Like 1

Just ordered my first round of memebox, I say that because I could not make it out with just ordering one box. Got the dessert box, rose box, skincare step by step, and TonyMoly. Hope they are great...

• Like 1

@@PrettyAndWitty The Halloween box isn't really going to be what people wanted/expected. It's apparently just going to be makeup, and possibly some tutorials for Halloween themed makeup. If you were hoping for fun Halloween THEMED makeup and skincare, I would cancel that box. This seems like the sort of box where Memebox will take advantage of getting rid of unwanted makeup items.

For those that are new, Global boxes tend to be everyone's favorites for a Memebox introduction. But personally, I HIGHLY recommend the Moisture Surge box. It's going to contain a kit of 3 Chosungah items (shown in the spoiler), which is a really great high end department store type of brand in Korea. Honestly, I would have paid the $23 for just the three Chosungah items (which would cost a LOT more through Chosungah!)

• Like 1

For those that are new, Global boxes tend to be everyone's favorites for a Memebox introduction. But personally, I HIGHLY recommend the Moisture Surge box. It's going to contain a kit of 3 Chosungah items (shown in the spoiler), which is a really great high end department store type of brand in Korea. Honestly, I would have paid the $23 for just the three Chosungah items (which would cost a LOT more through Chosungah!)

@@cfisher Moisture surge has sold out now, possibly since yesterday. Hopefully itll come back though!

• Like 1

@@cfisher Moisture surge has sold out now, possibly since yesterday. Hopefully itll come back though!

Woops! Thank you for posting that, I didn't even notice.

I think a few cancellations and returns will trickle in eventually, but I don't think people that are new to Memebox are addicted enough to see the restocks. Oh, how I hate their restock system. :(

• Like 2

Woops! Thank you for posting that, I didn't even notice.

I think a few cancellations and returns will trickle in eventually, but I don't think people that are new to Memebox are addicted enough to see the restocks. Oh, how I hate their restock system. :(

I have been relying on this forum/facebook BUT I'll be back at work 8-4 Mon-Fri soon so I guess I will miss most of the restocks from now on. I was hoping for some Cute Wishlist 2 ones with it shipping at the moment, thought some spares might have been found! Cacao and Milk were my most wanted though so I guess I will be happy with future editions of most other boxes like snail/mask/skincare :)

I have been relying on this forum/facebook BUT I'll be back at work 8-4 Mon-Fri soon so I guess I will miss most of the restocks from now on. I was hoping for some Cute Wishlist 2 ones with it shipping at the moment, thought some spares might have been found! Cacao and Milk were my most wanted though so I guess I will be happy with future editions of most other boxes like snail/mask/skincare :)

I missed the Skincare Box and Mask Edition #4 restocks the other night, the first night I went to bed at a normal time in soooo long. It really does amaze me how fast they sell out! Sometimes someone points it out and by the time I go to checkout it's gone, or by the time Memebox posts about it they're already sold out. I REALLY wish there was some sort of waiting list for them, or some way for us to submit an order for them when they are restocked. On the plus side, it would mean we couldn't use coupons.

(...Did you read that, Memespies? Guaranteed sales with no coupon codes!)

It's so strange to me though how long it takes for some of those restocks to go up. MONTHS later? I just don't get it.

• Like 2

So I have the Whole Grain 2 and Anti Aging 3 boxes coming to me and they are taking FOREVER! Anti Aging 3 shipped on the 4th and it still isn't even registering with USPS. I have never waited so long for a sub to make it's way to me. I have 8 more boxes coming between now and the end of October but I'm considering canceling because they take so long to get to me. 

So I have the Whole Grain 2 and Anti Aging 3 boxes coming to me and they are taking FOREVER! Anti Aging 3 shipped on the 4th and it still isn't even registering with USPS. I have never waited so long for a sub to make it's way to me. I have 8 more boxes coming between now and the end of October but I'm considering canceling because they take so long to get to me. 

Normal shipping can take that long from Korea, There have been 2 weekends between the 5th (Anti Aging shipping date) and now, plus Memebox has no control over customs and shipping. If you really hate the wait its worth investing in bundles as they ship express for $6.99

anti aging 3 shipped on the 5th if you paid for the box as a single it will come RM mail so its perfectly still in the time frame, as for whole grain 2 it only shipped on the 16th and that to will be registered mail. if you want them within a day or 3 of shipping you need to pay for via bundles for express shipping, what other boxes are you waiting for ,as most haven't ben shipped yet,the shipping dates are clearly posted at the bottom of each box details,not to mention 2 weeks of public holidays thrown into he mix which will slow down postal in the country.

which other boxes are you waiting for have they shipped yet.

• Like 1

I do agree that the shipping is a big turn off. But, I also admit I am too cheap to pay for upgraded shipping. I am trying to buy bundles now if I can. $19 for shipping is just too much. Yes, the boxes get here within the time frame, but for me, they fall on the higher end of the shipping range. Like, I think it says 7-21 days and my first shipment took exactly 21 days. Normally, when you order something that has a shipping range, it tends to get to you earlier and the later estimate is 'just in case something unusual happens.' I'll be honest in saying that even though they said it could take 21 days, I didn't believe it until it happened. I hate that slow shipping. I wish they'd offer LOTS more bundles because ordering a single box with slow shipping is a turn off for me. I do it, but I don't like it.

I wish I could afford more bundles! I JUST got my Scrub box today, and it shipped on the 5th. I mean...come on. Ugh. 

17 days. It used to take 8 before they switched up shipping methods. My other Tropical box just showed up today too, and those shipped when, like, end of August?

Edited by ceredonia

I'm new to Memebox and ordered the Pinkaholic box this past week.  The shipping date was given as 9/23, but I don't see any record that it shipped, and their online shipping schedule hasn't been updated for two weeks?  Is this typical?  Thanks.

I'm new to Memebox and ordered the Pinkaholic box this past week.  The shipping date was given as 9/23, but I don't see any record that it shipped, and their online shipping schedule hasn't been updated for two weeks?  Is this typical?  Thanks.

Sadly, it's VERY typical.

So far I have received about 25 boxes (some were shipped together of course), and only received 4 shipping notifications. 3 of which I did not receive until after the items arrived (shipped expedited). It's very common for me to receive the standard shipping packages without ever getting a shipping notification or an update on the order page.

You can always email them at [email protected] and try to ask for tracking information, but sadly the customer service reps don't seem to have access to this information and this tends to just end with lots of back and forth until the package inevitably arrives.

If you're a patient person, I'd just say that your package should arrive without any issues, and it usually takes about 14 business days now for people to receive standard shipping packages. 

• Like 1

If you just ordered it, then it might take a few days longer for them to ship it out.  It takes them 3-4 days to process and ship out orders.  The 9/23 is the day it begins shipping, but for those who order right around the ship date, expect it will take up to 4 days or so to see it actually ship out.  This happened to me a couple of times when I ordered a global right around the day it was supposed to ship out.  They will get it out to you...

Check your order online as well - click on the actual order number and see if they put in a tracking there.  The order may say "ready for shipping" but it might already be shipped out and a tracking number will indicated that.

• Like 1

Hello all. I've been lurking for a little bit but just thought I would finally say hello. I discovered Memebox in July of this year and its pretty much been downhill from there. I'm in Australia and we pay exorbitant amounts for cosmetics and shipping, plus our beauty subscription boxes aren't great, so Memebox has been a bit of a dream come true for me. Well mostly anyway. There have been the odd lowlights (world's worst tampons, I'm looking at you), but in general its been great.

• Like 5

so, i'm pretty new to the whole memebox thing, and i was wondering, do they ever restock old boxes? and if they do restock, does it show up on the front page or do i have to basically stalk the page of the box?

so, i'm pretty new to the whole memebox thing, and i was wondering, do they ever restock old boxes? and if they do restock, does it show up on the front page or do i have to basically stalk the page of the box?

They do restocks, and they're a HUGE deal for us Memebox Addicts. Lately, the add them to the "Ships Soon" section, while other times you can only find them by browsing the Sold Out sections and seeing which ones you can add to your cart.

The best advice I think anyone can give you (and the biggest timesaver) is to just keep checking the main Memebox thread. People are always letting everyone else know when they see restocks, and which ones they see available. The restocks are really hard to get, and tend to sell out within minutes (or hours for bigger restocks, or less popular boxes). And you never know when they're going to show up.

They do restocks, and they're a HUGE deal for us Memebox Addicts. Lately, the add them to the "Ships Soon" section, while other times you can only find them by browsing the Sold Out sections and seeing which ones you can add to your cart.

The best advice I think anyone can give you (and the biggest timesaver) is to just keep checking the main Memebox thread. People are always letting everyone else know when they see restocks, and which ones they see available. The restocks are really hard to get, and tend to sell out within minutes (or hours for bigger restocks, or less popular boxes). And you never know when they're going to show up.

thank you so much for the quick reply! i'll have to start stalking the thread then, hehe

thank you so much for the quick reply! i'll have to start stalking the thread then, hehe

Honestly, by the time Memebox tends to post about their restocks (or mention them in an email) they're usually gone, people stalk that stuff like crazy. And every single time I've purchased a restock, regardless of how often I check out the Memesite, it's usually someone posting it in that thread that brings it to my attention. And I've grabbed like 10 restocks that I REALLY wanted thanks to the thread.