Need Hair Tips for Long Hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, well, I don't know how this will work for yours/others hair, but...

1 wash every two - three days, keeps some of the natural oils in for a good amount of time (helps keep the hair not dry and frizzy)

OK, well, I don't know how this will work for yours/others hair, but...

1 wash every two - three days, keeps some of the natural oils in for a good amount of time (helps keep the hair not dry and frizzy)

Hello,

Can you suggest me which natural oil is suitable to hairs. in the market various type of oils are available. in this oil which oil is good for hairs.

“The key to sexy hair is movement, By heavily spraying hair into place, you can inadvertently create helmet head that makes you look older.

These might be helpful-

1. Combing long hair can be a tedious task. Divide hair into sections when combing out. Comb out each portion of hair gently from tip to ends.
  2. Avoid hair dryers whenever possible. Use of hair dryers lead to weaking of hair and also premature graying.
  3. Lifestyle is the key to good health and hair. Eat a healthy diet rich in nutrients, take proper rest and avoid being stressed.
Hope this helps. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

How long is your long hair?? Mine is almost waist length. I comb from the ends up as Linda recommended to avoid breakage. I don't use oils, but if I did I'd choose argan oil or coconut oil which help thicken and strengthen hair.

Scalp condition is the most important thing to any length of hair. Keep your scalp hydrated and healthy and hair should grow healthy and long unless you have a health or hormone issue.

Hair vitamins help me a lot to keep my hair and scalp healthy. I'd recommend 5,000 mcg of biotin to anyone.

I have consistently seen topics regarding dry and damaged hair and have personally experienced this.Coconut oil can prevent thinning which can prevent further hair loss. Diet has a major impact on the health of our hair but coconut oil can help keep it moisturized and is an all natural way to deep condition. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear,

If you are in India you can use bhringraj oil,that's the best.But if you stay out of India and can't get it then coconut oil or olive oil can be used.

Make sure to oil your hair atleast twice a week.Once a week you can apply hair mask like:

One whole egg and lemon juice

OR

Yoghurt and Crushed fenugreek seeds

OR

Mashed avocado&olive oil

how much oil would you use in your hair and how often until you would improvement?

and anyone know other good tips to prevent breakage? I have never dyed my hair and rarely use a blow-dryer or straightner since my hair is already straight.. :/

Coconut oil and olive oil are the best leave-in conditioners!

Keeping your hair neat also really helps it look shiny. If your hair is looking shaggy at the bottom, or you have a bunch of flyaways, give your hair a little trim. When each strand lays flat and your hair is smooth, it'll look shinier.

Rinsing your hair in cold water at the end of your shower can also make it look shiny! 

I have long hair, need some tips for healthy and shiny hair?
I have long hair that's plagued by split ends and coarseness -- or at least, it used to be that way. 

I changed my entire routine. I use gentler, sulfate-free shampoos. I only wash every other day, and use a dry shampoo on the day between if I need it. My favorites are the Alterna Caviar products -- on the non-shampoo days I often use their hair CC cream for a little shine and softness. Alterna changed my hair, seriously. Last time I went to get my hair cut, I said, "Oh, don't mind the damage," because I'm so used to having damaged hair. The stylist said, "What damage? You have great hair! It's really healthy!"

Also, Agave's hair oil is wonderful. It smells delicious, and a tiny little bit through all my thick hair makes it super-soft. I love it so much. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not much difficult task to grow hair naturally make sure you trim off all your after 2-3 months. Do some head exercises so that your head upside down to reverse the blood flow to your head.

I also have very long hair and like to do a hair mask every few weeks to keep it shiny and strong. I make a super simple hair mask with 2 egg yolks and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Just mix the ingredients together and comb it through your hair with your hands. Once the egg yolk mixture is distributed through your hair, put on a plastic shower cap (you can also use plastic wrap) for 15 minutes. Then wash your hair, just be careful not to use hot water, otherwise you can end up cooking the eggs in your hair. This will leave you hair super shiny! 

Please consider a low-sudsing shampoo or cleansing conditioner, which are less likely to strip your hair. In the US, Herbal Essences has a line called Naked with is free of parabens and a lot of the ingredients that can dry the hair out. Many people recommend Wen, but reviews are mixed and I have never tried it so I cannot give an honest opinion. But the Naked line is a good and economical choice. Ouidad also makes a gentle cleansing conditioner or co-wash; it is geared toward very curly hair, but is gentle and worked well for me when my hair was much longer. (At one time, my hair was knee length.) You do not need to shampoo often with longer hair, I found two to three times a week to be sufficient.

Once a week, try a good, deep conditioning mask--I like Paul Mitchell's, and have also gotten good results with Pantene. Also, Indian markets carry hair oil which makes a great deep treatment. I would comb it through to the ends (just enough to coat it, not dripping!) and put a plastic cap over it. Then you can keep it on a while and let it work with your body heat, or use either a bonnet or blow dryer. Then you shampoo it out, and the hair is left soft and fragrant.

Whatever you use, gently comb it out in sections, starting at the ends--don't rake the comb through or you risk breakage!

Here is another wonderful and effective homemade hair care treatment that can do wonders for your locks: mix in a bowl 2 table spoons of your favorite hair conditioner (or hair mask) with 1 table spoon of aloe Vera gel and add 1 table spoon of liquid honey. You can warm up your treatment a little bit on a water bath, till it gets runny and warm (not hot), then apply it on the lengths of your hair avoiding the roots. Cover your head with a shower cup and then, towel. Leave this treatment on your hair for, at least, 45 minutes, then wash it out using warm water (without using a shampoo). Your hair will be silky smooth and very shiny!

Washing less regularly, say twice a week, but conditioning the ends only if you are not washing it that day allows the natural oils to work and keeps the ends from getting too dry!

I would also recommend using a hair mask once a week, at least on the ends, as they are what struggle the most with longer hair. Lush have some great ones in particular.

I have heard great things about coconut oil too but I haven't' used it myself. As a side question - do you warm it up to a liquid and put it straight onto hair? Or how does it work? I would be interested to try it.

Nat xo

Latest posts

Back