• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

emilylithium's summer swap wishlist

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First of all, to whoever is reading this, thanks so much for putting your thoughts into shopping for me! I really appreciate whatever you get for me. A little bit about my self to help make the decisions easier. I just graduated from college, and will be starting a job in a hospital soon. I would love to receive whatever you consider is a must have for you or makeup staples you think I should have.
Typical Style

Makeup: I am fairly new to makeup, and typically don't wear any during the day simply because I can't get up early enough to apply them. But recently, I have been really interested in exploring more. I am getting started with simple/classic looks first.
Hair: My hair is shoulder length, black, thin, somewhat oily. Although I don't really style my hair anyway.
Nails: I love nail polish, typically wear  solid colors in whatever color that I fancy when I apply. Most of my polish are from sub boxes (mostly Julep), but I have been exploring other options.
Skincare (face/neck): I have a Clarisonic that I use sporadically, otherwise it is just the regular cleanser / mask, toner, serum, moisturizer combo. I am always looking for products that help with blackhead and minimizing pores. Currently, I am using philosophy purity made simple cleanser, jurlique serum, origins pore purifying toner, clinique pore refining serum, and juice beauty moisturizer.
Bodycare (every where else): I have pretty dry skin, love to find out more solutions to dry skin! I typically just use a body butter. Recently found that that I am allergic to parabans in them, which have caused me lots of irritations in the past.
Cruelty-free or vegan: Not something that I am consciously looking out for.
What's one item/product are you interested in, but just haven't gotten around to trying: I am interested in trying out more types of makeup brushes and brands since I am just starting out.
What's one product can you just not get enough of? Nail polish. They will get used. I love colors.

Colors:

Favorite color: blue, fuchsia

Favorite color combination? neutrals for eye shadows, not really sure about others

What one color (not brand/product specific) do you use more than any other? Gold

Color(s) to avoid? I think i am not too adventurous when it comes to lip colors, will probably stick with neutrals / pale colors
Yes/No?

Foils: yes

Deluxe Samples: yes

Hair Oil: probably not since my hair is already pretty oily

Face Oil: probably not

Perfume: probably not

Sunblock/Sunscreen: yes

Self-tanner/tanning wipes: no, already pretty tan :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Fun stuff:

What do you do in your spare time? I like DIY, reading, movies, sports like tennis, skiing, hiking

Favorite TV shows: Big Bang Theory, how i met your mother (sadly over), parks and recreation, doctor who, sherlock

Movies: i love sci-fi and fantasy: star trek, lord of the rings, harry potter, hunger games, star wars, you get the idea

Books: I love reading paper books, open to anything fun really. Typically love fictions (classics, sci-fi, fantasy, suspense, detective, etc), have been exploring more non-fictions.

What non-beauty item(s) would send you over the moon? i love DIY projects, so a DIY kit would make me really happy!

Disney! Favorite movie, hero, villain? I love Tangled and Frozen.

I hope this has been helpful! I'd be happy to provide more information!

Back