Is this expired?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've had this lipstick for 3 years but only used it less than ten times. Suddenly I'm noticing these little dots on it. In real life they look a lot more neon coral than it seems in the picture. Is it just pigment seeping out or is this a bad sign? I've seen someone else's picture with the same dots but they were white and general consensus was that it was expired.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Also, I'm sure the answer to this second question will be a resounding YES!, but I have a Dior lip gloss in a pot that also hasn't been used much at all.....but is about 5 years old. It looks and smells fine and the texture is the same, but I just tried it on and for the first few minutes it has made my lips and the tip of my tongue itchy. Expired?

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not helpful because I don't know...but what is it? I like the color!

Yep, toss it, both of them actually.

Especially because of the 2 item, the lip gloss, had made your lips itchy. o_O

I find that this always happens to Maybelline lip products. Most my Maybelline lipsticks start forming those little white dots on it in 4-6 months.

I would toss them both. The only reason I would keep an old product like that is if it still looked, smelt and felt the same, or if it were not available anymore (though I wouldn't continue to use it). Go pick up a new lipstick!

As for the gloss, I doubt it's bacteria that is hurting your lips, but the ingredients are probably expired and it would be safer not to use it. I had the same situation with a MAC lipglass and it irritated my lips so bad, it looked like an allergic reaction.

Back