Simple routine for a man's acne spots?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys/girls.

I'm an 18 y/o male who has honestly gotten fed up with my red acne marks. So I went to my local sephora and got some make up forever concealer. It was too light, so I returned it and they gave me murad blemish concealer. It matches, but I was concerned with people noticing the spots I covered so I went to the drug store and bought some neutrogena mineral powder to put over the concealer. I'm trying to look as natural as possible, definitely would rather go out with spots than people knowing in trying to hide them with makeup.

My problem is, I think that the concealer isn't what's best. It's a stick, and I think a liquid concealer would work better. What do you think?

And if I'm just not doing it right at all, can you give me a run down on what I should be doing to hide my spots while also hiding the fact I'm wearing makeup?

I don't really know what I'm doing lol.

Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I would honestly try to get rid of the spots first!  

I would seriously look at Paula's choice - 

http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/Clear-Acne-Treatments/_/Clear-Regular-Strength-Two-Week-Trial-Kit/

They work for so many people and they aren't expensive.  Getting rid of the problem works better for everyone than trying to cover things up in general!

My family has had great success in getting rid of spots using their products and I do believe if you reach out to them sometimes they will even offer free samples so you can test some products first.  

Good luck!

A really cheap concealer that I love is the Hard Candy Glamoflauge heavy duty concealer. I use a concealer brush with just a tiny and I mean tiny amount of this right on the spot and dab it until it settles in and then I take any setting powder and dab a little on the spot and buff it around the area (not directly on the spot because it may rub it off) a bit so it's blends in completely with the skin. I've done it for my husband a couple times and it doesn't show AT ALL!

Yes, I agree.

Do what Dancersmum suggested first, then follow exactly what :)emILY<3 posted in terms of technique. I also agree with using a creme-based concealer as well. Just make sure it matches your skin tone exactly.

@@Metalmountain - Your post wasn't clear if the BA's at Sephora did a consult with you or not. I recommend when you go back, to get them to teach you (consult) how to apply, maintain and remove a concealer, as that is part of their job. 

Back