"From the Lab" box new lip pencils

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone else get "From the Lab" box? I just got my lip pencils yesterday, really nice! I'm so glad they are all bright colors (although they could have done a red, pink and a coral or violet instead of 2 reds) no "blah" colors! anyhow, I love the formula, has more staying power than tarte lipsurgence, clinique chubby or lipstick queen lip pencils.

Good job "from the lab"!

Last edited by a moderator:
swatches

top 337 Cool Red

middle 336 Warm Red with a touch of sparkle

bottom 335 Hot Pink with purple iridescence

010.JPG

003.JPG

002.JPG

013.JPG

I got mine today, too. Very happy to see a little color in there! Here are my swatches though I believe the colors are the same. The pink has a lot of sparkle. Love it. And they go on so smooth. 

From-the-Lab-Lip-Color-Sticks-Swatches1.jpg

I cancelled because I thought they only offered unbranded skin care items. Had no idea they also sent new color products too. Well, heck.  I thought BeautyDNA was too close to this one to have both, but you've proven me wrong with the pretty colored lip pencils. I want my box back. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They are very nice. This was my first box. Very pleased with it. Also got a few products with my points for joining and I am loving them all.

They are very nice. This was my first box. Very pleased with it. Also got a few products with my points for joining and I am loving them all.
I had a subscription discount code for last month's box, and I got a nice night cream and an eye cream. I can't wear eye creams well because the ingredients make their way into my extended wear soft contacts no matter what I do. ( I am not a candidate for laser eye surgery -- was a preemie with eye damage and am legally blind without the lens).

Anyway, the night cream is really nice.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what " From the Lab" does. Are these products which will be re-branded and sold to name brand retail brands and we are getting a " sneak peak"? This is what I thought when I signed up.

I guess I also thought that there would be some hint or clue as to whose product it would be but there wasn't.

Are the products theirs alone, or are the truly pre-release beauty items? 

Does anyone know of a current promo? ( I only use one debit card, so I never sign up for the same discount offer under a slightly different name with some additional address info thrown in).

Did you get 3 pencils and another item or just three pencils? Not that there's anything wrong with 3 full size creamy lip pencils.. I need them!!

I cancelled because I thought they only offered unbranded skin care items. Had no idea they also sent new color products too. Well, heck.  I thought BeautyDNA was too close to this one to have both, but you've proven me wrong with the pretty colored lip pencils. I want my box back
If you go to the members store, you can see they have "color cosmetics", so I assume they will soon have other make up products. There is also a heading listed "eye shadows". Right now there is only the primer under the "eye shadows" but I bet they are going to have eye shadows box very soon!

I love these lip pencils, they really last.

Does anyone know of a current promo?

Did you get 3 pencils and another item or just three pencils? Not that there's anything wrong with 3 full size creamy lip pencils.. I need them!!

I had a promo for first box "free" just pay $6 shipping (that's when I subscribed). But that special was over at the end of May. Maybe keep searching google and FB.

June box just contained the 3 full size lip pencils.

I got 2 friends to "join" then cancel just so I could get 2 more "free" boxes (like I said, they were $6). I got the face and eyeshadow primers, hair mask and face cleanser. I like the hair mask, I just tried it for the first time last night, you put it on dry hair. The primers are quite nice too, the eyeshadow primer is sparkly, which is nice sometimes, but sometimes you want a matte finish..so its not a universal formula IMO. The cleanser is the least favorite of the bunch, it smells a little too perfumey for me, and although it does take off eye make up, it stings (my eyes are sensitive, some other HE eye make up removers do the same thing on me). I like my Koh Gen Do cleansing water MUCH MUCH better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also got the  rejuvenating face cream , shampoo and eye serum. That was with points when you went with the 12 month plan. I still have some  points left after getting all that as gifts.  I also joined with the Plum District offer. Hopefully they will do something like that again.

I also got the  rejuvenating face cream , shampoo and eye serum. That was with points when you went with the 12 month plan. I still have some  points left after getting all that as gifts.  I also joined with the Plum District offer. Hopefully they will do something like that again.
yeah, I wanted to get the shampoo but I'm waiting until the lip primer/illuminating under eye treatment come back in stock so I only pay one shipping fee.

What did you think of the shampoo?

yeah, I wanted to get the shampoo but I'm waiting until the lip primer/illuminating under eye treatment come back in stock so I only pay one shipping fee.

What did you think of the shampoo?
I thought it worked well. Not as soft and bouncy  as I would have liked. Seemed to weigh down my hair a bit.   I will have  to try it a few more times to see if I really like it.

OMG, you evul enablers!!! I re-subbed to this box because I love the pencils.

Of course, after I joined, I noticed the three same pencils in the shop for $19.99.

Oh, well. I never win, y'all, I just NEVER do. LOLOL. Might as well laugh because I know they will be great, and after Bill emailed me 2 very long emails with his philosophy for the company, I think I would have re-upped for just a pencil sharpener. 
He and his wife are truly motivated and dedicated to their business. That made me feel so good. Like the good old days when all subs were start-ups. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hope I get my pretties soon. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hugs,

GiGI

I am seriously in love with these.

The colors are STRIKING!  These are not for wallflowers, they are glorious and vibrant!  And they keep my lips soft, too!

I'm so in love with the sparkly pink I can hardly stand it.

And the red is to die for (the blue red).  I can easily say it is the best red for my skin tone ever, ever!

If you haven't tried the Eyelift Primer, DO IT!  That stuff is magic!  And I feel like I have trouble with redness but the Face Primer completely gets rid of ALL redness!  I used it today and I was out in the sun, hot and sweaty and when I came home my face WAS STILL MATTE!!  How is that even possible?!

I had totally planned on cancelling after I got the $6 deal but the products were so amazing I couldnt :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  It beats BeautyDNA easily. 

It looks like the July box contents are posted...it has a $255 value this month, as it is their anniversary month. It will include AM/PM cleanser, Face Mask, Hair Mask, Face Primer and Lip Primer to replace the one from May. I am pretty excited about this box! I really liked the lip pencils last month!

Latest posts

Back