addied

Flat Straight Contour Brush, worth buying or not?

Here's what I mean by flat straight contour brush.

I'm also after a dupe if you know any other brands that does one like this. It doesn't have to look the same, I'm after the straight bristles, not the handle.

mac_163brush001.jpg

I have a couple of straight and angled contour / highlight brushes in varying sizes from MAC, Kevyn Aucoin, Lise Watier and Tools.

I'm also looking for an affordable dupe for a contouring brush like that. Ever since I saw the Nars one I've been in love, but can't bring myself to spend that much right now.

Sonia Kashuk has one that I know of, not sure if it is that good though. The Benefit box of powders like Hoola comes with a brush that is not that bad at all, I have been using the one that came with mine, love it!

I have this and am not at all fond of it.  I have maybe used it 3 times at most in the year I have had it.  I wouldn't waste my money...

• Like 1

The flat contour brush is great for defining after you have initially created your contour. For a MUCH cheaper and comparable quality to the Mac one, check out Morphe Brushes (link is below). For only $13, you can't beat it. If you ever are in the Burbank, CA area, Morphe is definitely worth a vision. It's truly brush heaven.

https://morphebrushes.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=924

My sister has the NARS one and absolutely loves it. She uses it both to apply and to blend. Personally, I don't do sufficiently detailed contouring to need such a specific application. I did get the Benefit Cabana Glama box and it comes with a tiny, flat, straight contour brush, so I'll be trying that out - @@Queennie mentioned that it's good (although she might have been talking about a bigger one) so that's good to know!

• Like 1

My sister has the NARS one and absolutely loves it. She uses it both to apply and to blend. Personally, I don't do sufficiently detailed contouring to need such a specific application. I did get the Benefit Cabana Glama box and it comes with a tiny, flat, straight contour brush, so I'll be trying that out - @@Queennie mentioned that it's good (although she might have been talking about a bigger one) so that's good to know!

Yep those are the ones I am talking about! It seems though that different powders they sell come with different brushes, like Hoola comes with a good one for contouring, while Hervana comes with a not so good one for that job.

@@dellebelli

Edited by Queennie

What I like about the NARS Ita is how soft the bristles are, so I don't have to worry about getting a super harsh contour line. That said, I don't use it a lot for contouring, more often for highlighting and it's nice for that, too. The stiffer ones like MAC or similar, might not work so well for me.

I did use my little brushes from the Hoola and Sugarbomb boxes all the time before I had others, so I definitely wouldn't discount those little guys!