How to Reduce White Hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PoojaSharma

Hi,

how to reduce white hair. i have lot of white hair in head . please give me some tips  to reduce.....

There is unfortunately no way to *reduce* grays. They're written into your DNA; my husband started graying in his 20's and more than half his hair is now gray, while I started in my early 40's and only have a small amount at the temples. Henna is an excellent alternative to chemical hair dyes, if you prefer natural products. Rather than having a complete dye job, I have highlights placed so that they help conceal my gray hair. One of the advantages to this is that they don't need to be touched up every few weeks as when the complete head of hair is dyed. I refresh my highlights every four months or so, instead of the every six to eight weeks recommended to touch up roots with full color. My sister in law, a lovely Indian lady with black hair going gray, gets deep burgundy highlights and they look really striking against her dark hair and skin tone.  

Hi PoojaSharma,
First thing you should do is determine the cause of white hair. You can consult a hair expert for that. It might not help you get rid of the white hair but will definitely help you in knowing the cause of white hair preventing any hair from turning white in future. As already mentioned by the other members, take care of your health. Stick to a natural diet, take supplements after taking advise from a doctor and stay stress free.

Dear Pooja,

How old are you?

Basically if its because of age you have to go for heena or color.

But if you are in young age range below 36 then do some home remedies like:

Take plain yoghurt 3tbs add one tbs black pepper powder.Apply it to your scalp and wash after one hour with water.Don't shampoo unless next morning.Do it three times in week for two months ,you will see the difference.

Put some tejpatta leaves in coconut oil container.Use this twice in a week for two months.

OR

Take one tbs crushed fenugreek seeds add into yoghurt and apply for one hour,thrice in a week and wash with plain water.Shampoo next morning.

Hi Pooja, I would accept your grey hair.   I have a full head of white/grey with strands of black.   I make sure that my hair is very healthy and shiny by using Superdrug's Apple & Tea Tree shampoo every 3 days for 5 weeks and then using Pro Naturals Hair Repair System for the 6th week.  Instead of dying my hair I use hair chalk to put in colored highlights whenever I want a change.   The best thing is that you can wash it out when you next shampoo your hair and you can have streaks in whatever color you want when you want.   So easy to apply and no damage to hair!

Latest posts

Back