Nicky Hilton Fancy Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking about it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It should be high quality, but I am not that pleased with " Fancy" overall.. On the fence..
I've never subscribed to any Fancy boxes before but I've seen some meh items in some reviews. I just love her style and hope that comes thru in her boxes. I figure I'll try it out for a little while and cancel if I'm not happy. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

how are the value of the Fancy boxes typically compared to the cost?
The REGULAR Fancy boxes are geared towards a different age group than the one I am in.. They are for young adults and the contents are extremely off- beat. I got a T shirt with a weird saying that I would never wear, a cream pitcher that was a cow with a clear glass drop in udder so everyone can see the milk ( rolling my eyes), some plastic tech doo dads that were not sturdy( and we already owned better multi-purpose products.). I didn't think the value for me personally was worth anything. I've never said that about a sub box before, but this is recent, and it is still a bit nervy.

All in all, the REGULAR Fancy box I received was cheap and tacky, IMO. I was so upset about the one they sent me after I had filled out a huge survey about my prefs. that I emailed them about how what I got didn't go with what I like.. They replied that they really don't stock my type of products, so they told me just to keep the box and refunded me.

When I was 14 or maybe 12, I might have liked one gag gift SURPRISE BOX!!! containing a plastic dinosaur, a pair of glasses with eyeballs hanging out ( sent this spring, not at Hallowween), and a T shirt so juvenile that it bordered on " use it to polish the furniture". .I think it said " You Can't Beat THIS", which isn't using very good common sense with all of today;s random violence.

I should have known better- I shop at Williams- Sonoma, , Pottery Barn, Horchow's or just go to an upscale boutique or store in my area  if I need to shop  for misc. items which actually have a USE and a PURPOSE. I have a classical style at this point in my life and expect to for the rest of my life I don't have plastic dinosaurs decorating my home, or a need for well, anything that was in the box. 

I  gave the box to my cleaning lady last week, who has 2 teenagers. I think it's definitely for the teen market. IF you share any of the stores I have mentioned or similar stores, I doubt you would like the REGULAR Fancy box. 

IF you shop out of choice at places like Spencer's Gifts, the Dollar Tree, Wet Seal, other Jr.- specific line shops in the mall ,like kitschy plastic things which aren't going to last long and are bright green or orange, and think a cow's udder is the cutest thing you can imagine for a weekend brunch, then Fancy Box, regular edition, is for you.

I think that of ALL possible Fancy boxes, Nicky Hilton's box will be the most feminine, the most upscale possible for the price point ( let's not forget the low price point), and I will try it once. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@@GirlyGirlie eeesh the things you received sound terrible! I would have been really upset too! Sounds like they sent you a Junk Box instead of a "Fancy" Box.

Putting it out there to the universe that we get only chic, elegant and useable things in Nicky's box. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@GirlyGirlie eeesh the things you received sound terrible! I would have been really upset too! Sounds like they sent you a Junk Box instead of a "Fancy" Box.

Putting it out there to the universe that we get only chic, elegant and useable things in Nicky's box. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Girl, it was worse than I am saying.. mainly because I was having a good Southern hissy fit in the middle of the floor, and my hubby, who pays for everything, threatened to stop my sub boxes if I didn't stop crying and retching. He's a Yankee, so doesn't tolerate Southern hissy fits too well. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

After that exchange between us, I don't remember some of the things I was throwing around, but you know that blue popsicle they use as their logo? I got one of those- in plastic. Why? Just " why"? It was not a child's box. 

The general boxes aren't " Fancy". I KNOW fancy. I can DO fancy. I AM fancy. This was tacky trash.

It WAS junk. I told them so. I think they really did understand that some little nerd there apparently scraped the bottom of the barrel for my box.of junk. 

I love the TV show " Frasier" and watch it late at night when I am falling asleep. A couple of nights ago, they had the episode on where Noel Champsky ( nerd extraordinaire') was walking around with a ballpoint pen on a springy cord around his neck. THAT PEN would have been an upgrade to every item in my box and it is HIDEOUS in concept and execution. 

Thank you for your commiseration. I, too, will try Nicky's curated box. Actually, I've decided to try hers over Liz's at Quarterly Co.

I was thinking yesterday that we NEED a lady to curate a box who has elan, is savvy, and ROCKS feminine chic.

I believe Nicky Hilton can do it IF Fancy will let her. 

My choice while thinking yesterday was Ivanka Trump, because I love her leather goods, but a Hilton probably trumps a Trump. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

BTW, in all fairness, I need to add a plug for Fancy. At one time, but probably not now, their food box was curated by the people who used to own the box " Foodzie". I don't know why Foodzie was bought out, probably because it was SO great, but when it went to Fancy as a specialty box, the quality was still VERY high, the products still very very good, with excellent curation. So I DID get some nice food items from Fancy, albeit at higher prices than when it was Foodzie.

I looked at the current Fancy food box and it looked like the quality is still there, even if the Foodzie couple went out of business or something. I was ATTACHED to those two people!!

Not a thing in their boxes that ever had to be cooked. One of my pre-requisites for a rocking food box ( other than maybe microwave popcorn). They prepare it, I open it up and eat it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've tried Kelly Rowland's Fancy box and I quite liked it. She included a mini Diana camera, a nice pair of Paris skyline tights, Ciate Color Foil manicure, and a Japonesque precision eyelash curler. All of which I found use for (except the camera, which I need to get film for).

I might try this one too. I hope she picks out some more feminine stuff than the other boxes provide. Although Coco Rocha's box is pretty good too.

I'm going to wait and see what others get the first box before I subscribe. I wasn't impressed with 2 of my previous boxes but think this one might be awesome.

I love her and I think if she chooses the stuff  It may not be the same as the total garbage I got in other boxes.  However it is unknown to me how much control she has over the boxes or she just allows them to use her name and they actually get the items.  I have got a few fancy boxes and I vowed never again.  They were the farthest thing from fancy and the stuff ended up in the trash or returned to them.

The feeling I get with Fancy is that they buy a whole bunch of super cheap overstock items.  Then they say to their curator "Go through our list of items and pick what you would like to put in our box". 

So, you can get the SAME items from Kelly Rowland that you get in the Verbal Fancy box or in a regular one.

That's why I'm not subscribing to Nikki Hilton.  If it was a Nikki Hilton Quarterly box, I would do it, because I think the curator genuinely has to come up with ideas.

I'm going to wait and see.

The feeling I get with Fancy is that they buy a whole bunch of super cheap overstock items.  Then they say to their curator "Go through our list of items and pick what you would like to put in our box". 

So, you can get the SAME items from Kelly Rowland that you get in the Verbal Fancy box or in a regular one.

That's why I'm not subscribing to Nikki Hilton.  If it was a Nikki Hilton Quarterly box, I would do it, because I think the curator genuinely has to come up with ideas.

I'm going to wait and see.
I had to edit my post just now because I checked my email and my Nicky Hilton box has shipped Fed Ex. Apparently, the nuts at Fancy tried to charge me TWICE for the box, as I paid the middle of June.  I really have to keep up with the charges that are a month til shipping..

IDK whether this is good or bad, but the weight of the box is 2.5 lbs.

Ya'll, that's a  ton of " udder" milk pitchers and totally tasteless T- shirts if they really are sending out regular " Fancy women's" junk. 

BTW, to anyone else who may have ordered this, if it is not what is hoped for from a person like Nicky Hilton, Fancy does have a money back guarantee. 

I can't wait to see how Nicky Hilton's fancy box turns out! I hope it's classy. And stays that way. Some of the boxes start out well and reflect the curator, but then suddenly morph into something unpredictable. Some months are good... And others include squirrel pillows (Coco) or udder milk pitchers (jLove), which then become leftovers used for the regular box. Not Tyler Florence though. I'll take his leftovers any day!!!

I just received what was supposed to be my Nicky Hilton Fancy Box in the mail, but the insert says it's the Verbal Fancy Box. Has anyone else received theirs yet? I'm wondering if I received the wrong one altogether or they printed incorrectly?

I can't wait to see how Nicky Hilton's fancy box turns out! I hope it's classy. And stays that way. Some of the boxes start out well and reflect the curator, but then suddenly morph into something unpredictable. Some months are good... And others include squirrel pillows (Coco) or udder milk pitchers (jLove), which then become leftovers used for the regular box. Not Tyler Florence though. I'll take his leftovers any day!!!
Nicky Hilton and "classy" are rather at odds, eh?

I just received what was supposed to be my Nicky Hilton Fancy Box in the mail, but the insert says it's the Verbal Fancy Box. Has anyone else received theirs yet? I'm wondering if I received the wrong one altogether or they printed incorrectly?
I know Nicky's box has shipped. I guess the only way for you to know is to contact Fancy, or wait until mine or another Hlilton subscriber gets her box to know. Lawsy, I don't want spoilers if you can't tell if it's Nicky's box.. I have NO idea who or what a " Verbal" box is but it doesn't sound great, LOL.

Latest posts

Back