Applying foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What do you use to apply your foundation? I just use my fingers, very simple and easy to clean :icon_smil

I use a foundation brush but when im in a hurry & dont have time to clean it afterwards I will use a sponge.

I use my fingers too! Easy and quick to clean. What I do is dot and blend with my fingers to give all over coverage, then I start pressing my face with my palms and fingers all over repeatedly to help smooth the finish out. Then I blot my face with a clean tissue to remove excess moisture then fluff on loose powder.

WHen I use Hyperreal I use a foundation brush but when I use Moistureblend (a cream foundation in a compact) I use a sponge. I tried the foundation brush with the Moistureblend but I think a sponge is giving me a more smooth application for this particular foundation.

I used to use a sponge all the time, but now I am using foundation brushes.It took a bit to get the hang of, but, worth it.

I have used my fingers. I am way too cheap to see half the foundation get soaked into the sponge and wasted! And yes, I like the control and the finish I can get this way.

But, I have Jane Iredale pressed powder mineral foundation on the way and will HAVE to use a brush! I actually purchased a JI brush on eBay. I don't usually pop for the pricier items, but I bought into the "you HAVE to have THIS brush to apply this foundation" that the line promotes. At least I got the $36 brush for "only" $25!

most of the times a brush, but once in a blue i would use my finger never a sponge!:icon_chee

I use a foundation brush. I used to use my fingers but my skin looks so much more flawless when i use a brush!

I'm using a pressed powder foundation right now (Chanel's Double Perfection Compact,) so I like applying it with a wet sponge. For liquid foundations though, I'm split between using my fingers or a foundation brush.

I use my fingers with my long-wearing, quick-drying liquids like Revlon CS or CSN. But for other liquids, I use a brush.

I use my fingers but i am looking for a brush!Guess I will go for the one from MAC!!

I use a sponge. I use to use a brush and it was still a good finish, but the sponge gives a more flawless finish. I use my fingers for hard to get at areas though.

Back