Monster-in-Law Experiences

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've heard a lot of stories about Mother-in-law's crashing weddings. And recently, I saw this show on TV called Monster in laws...It's pretty funny and annoying. I saw this episode where the hubby's mom is asking her son to choose between her and his wife. Pretty nasty, right? :bringiton:  Oh, and how can we forget about J.Lo's movie "Monster-in-Law". That's pretty funny and I can't stop laughing every time I watch it. 

Tell me your Monster-in-law stories below! I would love to read them... :lol:

I luckily have a very sweet mother in law. She's like my second mom. I think it would be hard to have a "monster in law" it would make getting together, weird. lol

I luckily have a very sweet mother in law. She's like my second mom. I think it would be hard to have a "monster in law" it would make getting together, weird. lol
Oh. Good for you girl! At least you don't have momma problems. I have a friend where her hubby's mom is ALWAYS on their dates. Like she's the third wheel or something. Poor girl. 

And I totally agree on "make getting together weird"! 

My mother-in-law is sweet as pie and dumb as a box of rocks! She has not one mean bone in her body, but we really don't trust her to watch our kids! We "joke" the kids are watching her...Once at her daughters bbq birthday party she asked "Do you think it would be okay if I start the bbq with gasoline? I'm out of lighter fluid." Not joking!

She is also late to everything, even on days she didn't anything going on. EVERY recital and awards ceremony she has missed the kid doing their song or getting their award, because she just can't arrive on time. We tell her things start 2 hours before they do and she's still late. 

When my husband and I first started dating I would say "You only have one mom, give her a break" now I say "Answer my phone, it's your mom"

Last edited by a moderator:
My mother-in-law is sweet as pie and dumb as a box of rocks! She has not one mean bone in her body, but we really don't trust her to watch our kids! We "joke" the kids are watching her...Once at her daughters bbq birthday party she asked "Do you think it would be okay if I start the bbq with gasoline? I'm out of lighter fluid." Not joking!

She is also late to everything, even on days she didn't anything going on. EVERY recital and awards ceremony she has missed the kid doing their song or getting their award, because she just can't arrive on time. We tell her things start 2 hours before they do and she's still late. 

When my husband and I first started dating I would say "You only have one mom, give her a break" now I say "Answer my phone, it's your mom"
Oh my Gosh! She'll set the whole party on fire! She's the Grandma-on-fire! :eek:ldlad:   lol  :laughno: How old is she? Maybe she's suffering from short term memory or something? haha. 

Oh, and the phone thing, I do that to my hubby as well! It's like, I answer my mom, you answer yours!  :hehe:

Oh. Good for you girl! At least you don't have momma problems. I have a friend where her hubby's mom is ALWAYS on their dates. Like she's the third wheel or something. Poor girl. 

And I totally agree on "make getting together weird"! 
I have a friend like that. His mom would always go to dinner with them or when we went to go on a double date. She'd sit there and just stare with a smile on her face.. lol

I have a friend like that. His mom would always go to dinner with them or when we went to go on a double date. She'd sit there and just stare with a smile on her face.. lol
Wow, I guess moms there are "civilized". Moms should be like that. Not those who likes to get in the middle of everything. You got it good there @Esthylove  :luv:

Latest posts

Back