June 19, 2014: favorite foundations!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite was Maybelline's Mineral Powder Foundation but they discontinued the product already. So now I'm using Bare Escentuals' BareMinerals. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I have to admit, I fell for the hype. Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua is my fave. I am wearing it today, the first time in a while, and I had forgotten just what a beautiful finish it was. :wub:

Another favorite is the Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm. This is my absolute fave for light makeup days. It is sooo luminous it makes my skin glow.

It's clear that I prefer a light, fairly sheer finish. These two are my current tops!

If it wasn't such a splurge for me at this point in my life, I would be wearing Origins powdered foundation. As of now, my favorite liquid is the Hard Candy CC Creme. It's fantastic and affordable. I make my own powdered foundation because it's just so stinking cheap to make and I love it. Wouldn't say it's better than mineral foundation, but it's gentle and natural, and it works better than store bought non-mineral powder foundation from my experience. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to only wear more expensive foundations (stila, benefit, mufe) but I am a total drugstore convert. My favorite is CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 foundation. It's just SO GOOD. :luv:

I wear Almay with the silver pump. I guess it's my favorite, it stays on really well! It's awesome on float trips, my face stays put in the water and the heat! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I tried benefit's big easy liquid to powder foundation for the first time at Sephora the other day. What do you guys think of it? I liked it, but wasn't quite ready to make a commitment buying it. 

I love Urban Decay's Naked Skin Liquid Foundation.

That being said...it is a bit pricey, I'd love to find a dupe of this product!

I wish I could wear the bb/cc creams, but I have too many skin flaws. The coverage just isn't there for me.

I love Urban Decay's Naked Skin Liquid Foundation.

That being said...it is a bit pricey, I'd love to find a dupe of this product!

I wish I could wear the bb/cc creams, but I have too many skin flaws. The coverage just isn't there for me.
I know what you mean! I'm the same way. I want a lot of coverage. The beauty blender seems like it makes a big difference on putting on my foundation!

I used to only wear more expensive foundations (stila, benefit, mufe) but I am a total drugstore convert. My favorite is CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 foundation. It's just SO GOOD. :luv:
This is one of my favorites too! 

Lately I've been using Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foudation & I'm kind of in love with that too! 

I liked Revlon colorstay, but nowadays I am into BB and CC creams.

Gosh I keep coming across this Beauty Blender. Makes me want one so bad..

some great options can always be found at the drugstore!! if you're looking for options that can work with combination skin and are affordable check out this article from an expert on makeoverly.com!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a foundation junkie. I currently own...ten, I think, and have probably tried three times that many over the last decade or so. Mostly mid-range, though I try out drugstore ones when they have a shade pale enough without pink undertones, bah! I am super difficult to match with very fair olive skin and neutral undertones, plus everything oxidizes like whoa on me. Anyway, my current favorite is Armani Lasting Silk (shade 2), which is a bit yellow but that's better than pink on me. I also like Bobbi Brown Longwear in Porcelain, which is the only one I've found that doesn't oxidize on me (the Armani does, but only slightly, and it actually becomes a better match that way). I also really, really like the formula of the UD Naked, but I need a shade that's as pale as 0.5 with more yellow/less pink.

MAC's Face and Body Foundation. 

It gives perfect coverage with a very little amount of product, it's so smooth in the skin and doesn't leave an oily look or sensation. The best part, it doesn't transfer to your cloths or leave any marks. I just love it. 

I tried benefit's big easy liquid to powder foundation for the first time at Sephora the other day. What do you guys think of it? I liked it, but wasn't quite ready to make a commitment buying it. 
I tried two deluxe samples of it and I ended up not liking it.  The price point is just way too high when there are much better mid-range and drugstore foundations available.  The coverage was so weird on me...like so patchy that patchy isn't even the right word to describe it.  It would be totally opaque and impossible to sheer out in some areas of my face, then not cover other problems areas at all.  It was such a weird sensation that happened no matter what method I used to apply.  I think @ had a similar problem with it. 

Drugstore: Maybelline Dream Liquid foundation

Mid range-Dermablend Smooth Indulgence 

Highend-Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua

I tried two deluxe samples of it and I ended up not liking it.  The price point is just way too high when there are much better mid-range and drugstore foundations available.  The coverage was so weird on me...like so patchy that patchy isn't even the right word to describe it.  It would be totally opaque and impossible to sheer out in some areas of my face, then not cover other problems areas at all.  It was such a weird sensation that happened no matter what method I used to apply.  I think @ had a similar problem with it.
That was me!!! I tried SO SO SO hard to get it to work for me. Besides the fact that the shade looked straight up ORANGE, it didn't apply evenly. It also emphasized all flaky parts of my skin. If I crinkles my forehead I would get lines -- even I used a tiny layer! I am not a fan.

Latest posts

Back