Recipes for weeknight Dinners?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am always looking for new dinner ideas to work into my "rotation of family favorites" ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ... what are your favorite recipes? I am looking for something quick and healthy (or even a LITTLE unhealthy :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) to fix for myself, my husband and little son.
Thanks!

Today is my detox day, so I made flatbread with a simple vege salad and vinaigrette.

If they don't like too much veges, add some chicken popcorns onto the salad!

For dessert, I blended some bananas, blueberry and added yoghurt with probiotics to that. Freeze that for 4 hours and viola frozen yoghurt!

Chill some glasses in the fridge before serving up coz thats fancier  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I LOVE Korean beef. I found the recipe on pinterest and I make it about once a week. I started off with beef then I ended up having to remove red meat from my diet so I make it with pork now. It is seriously soooooo good and easy to make. If you like spicy you should try it. I serve it over rice sometimes or I'll put it in a lettuce wrap. YUM! I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!

http://elizabethbryant.blogspot.com/2010/05/korean-beef.html

If for some reason they remove the link I can just tell you the ingredients!

These sound really good!  I am the worst cook ever, but I'd maybe I can learn to be semi-confident (eventually).  My frequent diet lately of spaghetti, soup, sandwiches (and frozen items)  tends to be getting a bit stale lol

Thanks everyone for your input! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
@ I do have a slow cooker! and that chicken chili makes my mouth water... yum!
Tonight I made stuffed green peppers. They were pretty good! The hot Italian sausage I used to fill them gave it some oomph :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

These sound really good! I am the worst cook ever, but I'd maybe I can learn to be semi-confident (eventually). My frequent diet lately of spaghetti, soup, sandwiches (and frozen items) tends to be getting a bit stale lol
This is me!!!! Cooking always sounds so fun in theory but then after about 3 minutes I get bored and mess something up and want to quit. Then when something doesn't turn out I don't want to try again. I have to start getting better about eating at home though!

This is me!!!! Cooking always sounds so fun in theory but then after about 3 minutes I get bored and mess something up and want to quit. Then when something doesn't turn out I don't want to try again. I have to start getting better about eating at home though!
lol I totally know what that's like.  On soo many occasions, I'll be having a party and cooking something up for it, but then I'll get bored and go do my makeup while whatever is sitting for what seems like eons in the oven - then forget... Then have to explain the reasoning behind the overdone dish I've prepared lol

I have to admit, my mom never really pushed us when it came to learning how to cook... So when I got married and moved in with my husband I had like maybe a handful of things I knew how to make. I think the first meal I cooked for us was Spaghetti with homemade meat sauce lol. Now that I am a stay at home mom, I am actually enjoying trying out new recipes because I'm in the house all day anyway so might as well take advantage of it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have to admit, my mom never really pushed us when it came to learning how to cook... So when I got married and moved in with my husband I had like maybe a handful of things I knew how to make. I think the first meal I cooked for us was Spaghetti with homemade meat sauce lol. Now that I am a stay at home mom, I am actually enjoying trying out new recipes because I'm in the house all day anyway so might as well take advantage of it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Before I got married I moved across the country to be with my now husband. I felt bad because I kept making mac n cheese and ramen. Now I try to cook something home made every day. I'm home all day as well but I'm lazy and have to force myself to clean. Otherwise my butt will be glued to the couch or my computer chair. lol

Before I got married I moved across the country to be with my now husband. I felt bad because I kept making mac n cheese and ramen. Now I try to cook something home made every day. I'm home all day as well but I'm lazy and have to force myself to clean. Otherwise my butt will be glued to the couch or my computer chair. lol
I know exactly what you mean... I'm an expert at procrastinating, trust me ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Right now I should be getting the clean dishes out of the dishwasher and load it up again but I know I will put it off until tonight after dinner when I reluctantly have to admit that my sink is way too full to even hold another spoon lol. Doesn't help that my 19 month old son NEVER stops moving around and getting into stuff :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> "Channing, stop messing with the dog food! No, don't brush the dogs' teeth with your toothbrush! Could you please stop turning the satellite receiver off!?..." etc. etc.

I too try to make a home cooked meal everyday but sometimes I just don't have the energy or inspiration, so thank God my husband loves pizza and Hamburger Helper.

How do you feel being far away from your family? Mine is across the ocean in Germany.

I know exactly what you mean... I'm an expert at procrastinating, trust me ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Right now I should be getting the clean dishes out of the dishwasher and load it up again but I know I will put it off until tonight after dinner when I reluctantly have to admit that my sink is way too full to even hold another spoon lol. Doesn't help that my 19 month old son NEVER stops moving around and getting into stuff :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> "Channing, stop messing with the dog food! No, don't brush the dogs' teeth with your toothbrush! Could you please stop turning the satellite receiver off!?..." etc. etc.

I too try to make a home cooked meal everyday but sometimes I just don't have the energy or inspiration, so thank God my husband loves pizza and Hamburger Helper.

How do you feel being far away from your family? Mine is across the ocean in Germany.
My husband would live on BBQ food and pizza if I let him. He also "craves" hamburger helper. Me not so much. I have migraines so sometimes I can't cook or my heads pounding. I like using the crockpot but my husband isn't a fan of food made in it besides chicken tortilla soup! I'm glad that I don't live at home anymore, but I do miss my family a bunch. My sister has a 4 year old and I miss watching him grow up. I see them once a year and each time he's changed so much. So that makes it hard. My parents are hoping to retire here or in CO. Which at least is closer than southern cali. I miss california, but not the people. I have people I stay in contact with on FB but I don't like running into people I don't wanna see while I'm there. Lol. I'm not antisocial I promise!

Back