Birchbox July 2014 - Spoilers!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm super curious about this select-an-item thing they have going on next month!  I hope it's something more interesting than silver or black eyeliner.  And that it's not eyeliner.  I love eyeliner, but I have literally more than six dozen.  I counted a couple of months ago.

Also:  Katia had her babies!  (And, uh, side note to Katia:  Didja realize that your Instagram is linked from the Birchbox account?  And that account includes a wedding invitation from someone with YOUR COMPLETE HOME ADDRESS?  *And* the happy couple's home address?)  (Heh.  Our very own @ pointed that out to her.)

I'm super curious about this select-an-item thing they have going on next month! I hope it's something more interesting than silver or black eyeliner. And that it's not eyeliner. I love eyeliner, but I have literally more than six dozen. I counted a couple of months ago.

Also: Katia had her babies! (And, uh, side note to Katia: Didja realize that your Instagram is linked from the Birchbox account? And that account includes a wedding invitation from someone with YOUR COMPLETE HOME ADDRESS? *And* the happy couple's home address?) (Heh. Our very own @ pointed that out to her.)
I was like -- dude, wtf. You're an idiot.

I was like -- dude, wtf. You're an idiot.
What is even crazier is it also has Hayley's address on it!  So both Birchbox founders.  Hope no angry subscribers show up on their door!  Oh it is New York there are probably doorman to stop people!

Hope this box is good since it is a "co-branded" box with Women's Health.  And I hope the you have choice in your box thing goes smoothly!

Oh good lord I hope it's not "pick your scent of Herban Essentials towelettes." I got those in my last Women's Health box (April 2013 right?) and that was an awful, awful box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe there will be the same three options for everyone, and I'll want every option, and then I can get all three since I have three accounts!  Yeah, I know, dream on.  It will probably be your choice of black liner, mascara, or red lipstick.  Or three fragrances that are all alcohol-based and filled with white notes.  Or (I just realized I made up the three choice thing because I have three boxes, so it might just be between two things) your choice of Coola or Supergoop.

Pleeeease, Birchbox, pleeease give me new and exciting things this month. I have 4 boxes because I want to try everything (well, and 100 point codes but still) and I am begging you, give me a reason to want to buy full sizes. I just redid all my surveys.  :scared:

Didn't men who were already signed up in June get to choose socks or a wallet, while later subscribers were not given a choice? I wonder if it will be something like that for the women's boxes in July--some random but useful lifestyle items. I would be all over that.

Please no food, no perfume, no eyeliner. Ick.

Just no eyeliner. I got three last month. Two from Birchbox and one from Ipsy. The universe is telling me that I need to wear it. But in is hotter that the sun here and 900 percent humidity. I can't barely keep my mascara on let alone eyeliner.

So I am thinking of how extremely difficult it would be for them to let everyone chose an item. Have they ever done this before? I am thinking that maybe they will let people vote on what 1 item (or a couple possible items) that BB would put in everyone's box. KWIM? I can't imagine that they would let everyone make a personal choice. What a CS disaster that would be!

Just found this in the BB shop. https://www.birchbox.com/shop/accessories/triple-c-designs-power-card-backup-battery

It has the "Reserve Now" button and says this:Click “Reserve Now,” and this battery will be added to your July Birchbox automatically, on top of your usual four to five samples.

Interesting and tempting, but after the Kate Spade necklace horror stories on MUT I'm scared! :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I really want/need one of those things. But $28 is too much. The blue is sooooo cute though!

Just found this in the BB shop.  https://www.birchbox.com/shop/accessories/triple-c-designs-power-card-backup-battery

It has the "Reserve Now" button and says this:Click “Reserve Now,” and this battery will be added to your July Birchbox automatically, on top of your usual four to five samples. 

Interesting and tempting, but after the Kate Spade necklace horror stories on MUT I'm scared!  :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
I really want/need one of those things. But $28 is too much. The blue is sooooo cute though!
I have this one:

http://www.birchbox.com/shop/triple-c-designs-iboost-portable-power

It's awesome when you're at a comic con all day without a power cord!  But I picked it up with points, so I didn't spend actual money on it.  I tend to hoard points just because there's nothing I really want, but I was going to a comic con and thought it might be nice to have.  I was right.  But it's not nice enough to want to pay real money for something like this.

ETA:  Whoops, I forgot:  You do need a sync cable for this if that's how your phone/iPod/etc. recharges.  You just don't need access to an *outlet* once it's charged up.  It's a universal device that will work with anything that plugs into a USB port, but you have to provide the USB plug for whatever you're recharging.  It recharges by plugging into your computer's USB port, but since devices are now all different, you have to cover the device plug side of the equation.  In my case, that means the sync cable.

So I am thinking of how extremely difficult it would be for them to let everyone chose an item. Have they ever done this before? I am thinking that maybe they will let people vote on what 1 item (or a couple possible items) that BB would put in everyone's box. KWIM? I can't imagine that they would let everyone make a personal choice. What a CS disaster that would be!
They did a pick-which-CR-eyeliner-shade for some people (I don't think I received the choice email, although I did receive a CR eyeliner that month) a few months ago.  I'm thinking this might be easier to deal with because it's not adding an item to boxes.  It could even be easy and database-driven rather than something dealt with at packing stage at the warehouse:  The box selection algorithm could sort people down to either-or (or a/b/c) for a certain box, and then the item choice would tilt the final box assignment to Box 3 rather then Box 5.  I have no idea how they're handling it, though.  I'll assume poorly based on prior performance.  On the up side, if I remember the dates correctly, Mercury should have gone direct by the time our boxes ship, so that should help.

I would really like to try out the Beauty Protector hair mask.  I was going to buy it but $25.95 is really steep for only a 4oz product.  Hoping they send this out next month or in the upcoming months!

beautyprotector_protectandtreatmask_900x900_1.jpg

Latest posts

Back