tacehtpuekam

Birchbox July 2014 - Spoilers!

You are right - this is only true for new subscribers/those returning after a break because they won't send two boxes in one month to the same account. Birchbox CS has confirmed that. I could of course be wrong about what I posted earlier, but it seems to have worked that way in the past and it lines up with their standard shipping info.

Makes sense! Yeah as I was typing, I figured I wasn't thinking along quite the same lines. They should really change it for people who resubscribe so that it gives them an accurate date. It's all very confusing!

I'd be happy with 7 or 23. I really don't want 10 or 26, and I don't think I can get 32 because of the Laqa (although I'd love another in a different color). I can't get 21 because of the Suki cleanser.

I would LOVE Sumita eyeliner, but there isn't a combo with the Relic.

Here's what I'm getting (and I want NONE of it):

1.  Harvey Prince Hello

2.  Cynthia Rowley eyeliner (I'm guessing in black)

3.  Davines All in One Milk

4.  Supergoop SPF 30

5.  Davines Love Smoothing Shampoo (potential to have 2 to trade)

6.  Davines Love Smoothing Conditioner (potential to have 2 to trade)

7.  The Liz Earle set

I just got this box and I actually didn't mind it. The Harvey Prince smells wonderful on, out of the bottle it smells weird, but if you like perfumes that are vanilla-y this is a great perfume. One of my new favorites. The Liz Earle is really great, it's a good cleanser. I always stash my Supergoop samples in my purse for spontaneous outings, and the Davines is nice. Good for travel. So I mean I think in terms of getting people interested in trading for it, you'd have interest, but I think that you might want to give some of these items a try! I liked them!

• Like 2

I just got this box and I actually didn't mind it. The Harvey Prince smells wonderful on, out of the bottle it smells weird, but if you like perfumes that are vanilla-y this is a great perfume. One of my new favorites. The Liz Earle is really great, it's a good cleanser. I always stash my Supergoop samples in my purse for spontaneous outings, and the Davines is nice. Good for travel. So I mean I think in terms of getting people interested in trading for it, you'd have interest, but I think that you might want to give some of these items a try! I liked them!

I've actually tried the HP Hello already and it wasn't for me. I've also tried the Liz Earle. I won't use the shampoo/conditioner. But yeah, at least it was a 7 item box. Hmmm...

I've actually tried the HP Hello already and it wasn't for me. I've also tried the Liz Earle. I won't use the shampoo/conditioner. But yeah, at least it was a 7 item box. Hmmm...

Aww bummer! Well at least 70 points, and I think you'd have some success trying to trade these. I don't know how the whole sending it back thing works, so I don't know if you'd get to keep the review points. Maybe email them about that to double check.

So I've got a question.  I was one of those people who tried to sign up for a July box and found out they're sending me a June box.  I also am not getting either of the Cynthia Rowley lip stains that I wanted for July and I missed out on the nail polish in Rosary too.  I am wondering if I should just write 'return to sender' on the June box and drop it back in the mail, or, if I've got anything good enough to trade for at least a lip stain.  I know the Liz Earle cloth and cleanser set was in high demand a while back, but I'm guessing most people will have it now.  Let me know what you think.  Thanks, and I hope this doesn't count as trading exactly because I have no clue what I'm getting for July and if I get lucky enough I might not even need to trade.  I just really can't decide if I'm better off keeping the box or not, since I also just heard you could send the box back without opening it.

1.  Harvey Prince Hello

4.  Supergoop SPF 30

7.  The Liz Earle set

I have already done my reviews since I probably won't get the box until after July boxes go live.  So, I guess I only paid $3 for this one anyway when you factor in the points.  I've also got another June box coming, but I'm going to keep that one for the Suki and English Laundry samples.  It also looks like the eyeliner there will be silver instead of black, yah!  And more Gilchrist and Soames lotion to toss in my purse.  Meh, but it will be used.  Finally, I'll have extras of the Davines products, so if someone did want the shampoo/conditioner combo, I could send them a larger amount.

It is just so hard for me to figure out what might happen this month.  I've heard conflicting things about whether or not those who did not reserve a sample have even a chance to get the nail polish or lip stain.  But I'm guessing if only those who reserved a sample are getting it, no one will be willing to trade it away.  Advice???

I think you should be able to trade easily. Just post in the trade thread that you are looking for the lippie.

I am sure more items will be added to that box. St. Tropez for me is definitely punishment because I would never use it and have a bunch of it already from sephora. I wouldn't mind the Supergoop eye cream at all. The nail wraps for me would depend on the print, although that brand has some pretty awful reviews (post below).

Has anyone tried Jamberry? I'm having a Jamberry party on Facebook right now to support my friend who just became a Jamberry sales rep. They are super high quality luckily!

NCLA wraps are the worst quality wraps I have ever tried. They are nothing more than stickers on my nails...crossing my fingers I don't end up with this one on either account.

I'd be happy with 7 or 23. I really don't want 10 or 26, and I don't think I can get 32 because of the Laqa (although I'd love another in a different color). I can't get 21 because of the Suki cleanser.

I would LOVE Sumita eyeliner, but there isn't a combo with the Relic.

I was hoping not to get the #23 one so it's good to see someone who wants it. Worst comes to worse we can always trade :-) I'm hoping for 7 or 32.

I was hoping not to get the #23 one so it's good to see someone who wants it. Worst comes to worse we can always trade :-) I'm hoping for 7 or 32.

It's really just the eyeliner! I'm crazy for eyeliner and I didn't get that one last month.

So I've got a question.  I was one of those people who tried to sign up for a July box and found out they're sending me a June box.  I also am not getting either of the Cynthia Rowley lip stains that I wanted for July and I missed out on the nail polish in Rosary too.  I am wondering if I should just write 'return to sender' on the June box and drop it back in the mail, or, if I've got anything good enough to trade for at least a lip stain.  I know the Liz Earle cloth and cleanser set was in high demand a while back, but I'm guessing most people will have it now.  Let me know what you think.  Thanks, and I hope this doesn't count as trading exactly because I have no clue what I'm getting for July and if I get lucky enough I might not even need to trade.  I just really can't decide if I'm better off keeping the box or not, since I also just heard you could send the box back without opening it.

1.  Harvey Prince Hello

4.  Supergoop SPF 30

7.  The Liz Earle set

I have already done my reviews since I probably won't get the box until after July boxes go live.  So, I guess I only paid $3 for this one anyway when you factor in the points.  I've also got another June box coming, but I'm going to keep that one for the Suki and English Laundry samples.  It also looks like the eyeliner there will be silver instead of black, yah!  And more Gilchrist and Soames lotion to toss in my purse.  Meh, but it will be used.  Finally, I'll have extras of the Davines products, so if someone did want the shampoo/conditioner combo, I could send them a larger amount.

It is just so hard for me to figure out what might happen this month.  I've heard conflicting things about whether or not those who did not reserve a sample have even a chance to get the nail polish or lip stain.  But I'm guessing if only those who reserved a sample are getting it, no one will be willing to trade it away.  Advice???

That would be my FAVORITE box and I would have signed up for a second and third if I'd know it would be sent to me! LOL  So please don't send them back. One woman's displeasure is another woman's pleasure. :wub:

That would be my FAVORITE box and I would have signed up for a second and third if I'd know it would be sent to me! LOL  So please don't send them back. One woman's displeasure is another woman's pleasure. :wub:

Haha! I know. There are soooo many boxes that have me drooling this month and it is sad to think of people getting them and not appreciating them. I think I've just about decided to keep it. At first, I was happy about the Davines, but then I saw the second ingredient for the shampoo after water is sodium laureth sulfate, and my hair is sooooo much better since I stopped using that ingredient. I look for an aloe vera base instead. Just picked up the Hayadi mask to try it--good night for it, now that it comes to mind--and it has lots of aloe vera in it. It still isn't a good box for me, but I'm not sure it is worth the hassle of sending it back and wondering if it will piss BB off so much they ban me, lol!

Anything with supergoop feels like a punishment...it's one of those items that while they are useful, they're definitely not exciting. Almost like getting socks and underwear for Christmas....lol.

• Like 4

I think nail wraps are a little too wild for me--I cannot even take textured or glitter polishes. Give me a nice cream or metallic any day, otherwise I would rather have just about anything else.

• Like 2

I think the nail wraps can be nicely pulled off as accent nails, and then you can just make them last longer by having more to use later!

• Like 3

Anything with supergoop feels like a punishment...it's one of those items that while they are useful, they're definitely not exciting. Almost like getting socks and underwear for Christmas....lol.

or fruitcake, lol

• Like 4

I think the nail wraps can be nicely pulled off as accent nails, and then you can just make them last longer by having more to use later!

That's what I do!! I use one or 2 on each hand as accent nails and just polish the rest! :)

• Like 2

So is anyone else still have June shipping info in their account? My payment definitely went through.

So is anyone else still have June shipping info in their account? My payment definitely went through.

I still have June listed under mine but I wasn't sure if it was because I signed up at the end of the month and just now got a June box too or what.

• Like 1

So I know y'all are iffy ab the ace pack with $75 purchase but you can also add a mystery sample pack to it! So 3 deluxe samples and 2 others! Depending on how great they really are.. (We will see) I'm actually a little excited! I'd be willing to do that over a 20% code. With the 5 samples and 15 extra points (bc 20% would make it 60) it might be awesome

• Like 1

lots of possibilities for me under my accounts for relic or rosary.

question - if I got one color in an item, it is possible that they send me another color with that item?  that opens it up even more

I already see a product I am lusting over
100% Pure Gingerade Shower Gel

err, box 22 cannot be correct
https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/july-2014/july-2014-bb22