tacehtpuekam

Birchbox July 2014 - Spoilers!

Another one of these? Geeze, come on Birchbox! I am sure they will make this good.

So what did you get?

I got the Harvey Prince Hello Body Creme, Laqa pencil in Menatour, Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect, Real Chemistry Luminous 3 Minute Peel, & 100% Pure Gingerade Shower gel. 

It's actually a great box for me, but I am SO SAD that my Ruffian wasn't in there!

It's a HUGE bummer because I have 3 accounts. I e-mailed CS with two of my selections (Rosary & Ambrosia) and got the form to work for the 3rd account (Relic). But now it appears my CS selections didn't work, so I'm not getting the colors I wanted most! :( 

When I see a lot of us having boxes out for delivery on the same day, I think many end up getting the same box. Curious though if all of us reserved Valentine.

I reserved valentine and as of the 5th it is in Fisher, IN. I hope i don't get that box lol

Can we just start referring to BB as CF aka cluster f***? They cannot get their act together, what is it going to take?

Yeah I'm pretty irritated. I just replied to the e-mail the CS person sent me that says I was 'all good' and my selections were reserved. 

I have a feeling they'll give me points, but I'd rather have my polishes. 

• Like 1

I got the Harvey Prince Hello Body Creme, Laqa pencil in Menatour, Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect, Real Chemistry Luminous 3 Minute Peel, & 100% Pure Gingerade Shower gel. 

It's actually a great box for me, but I am SO SAD that my Ruffian wasn't in there!

It's a HUGE bummer because I have 3 accounts. I e-mailed CS with two of my selections (Rosary & Ambrosia) and got the form to work for the 3rd account (Relic). But now it appears my CS selections didn't work, so I'm not getting the colors I wanted most! :(

Did you ever get the confirmation emails confirming your selections?

I reserved valentine and as of the 5th it is in Fisher, IN. I hope i don't get that box lol

Oh no! I'll cross my fingers for you :) Looks like Valentine is in a bunch of other boxes.

The Laqa in Menatour looks awesome and I'm really hoping to get to try that peel - so that is a bright side.

Stinks about the polishes though. I am sure Birchbox will make good on this for you.

Yeah I'm pretty irritated. I just replied to the e-mail the CS person sent me that says I was 'all good' and my selections were reserved. 

I have a feeling they'll give me points, but I'd rather have my polishes. 

If they don't just send you the polishes separately, they will probably give you 100 points for each which almost gets you enough to buy the full set.

Just got my box & didn't get the Ruffian I picked despite their CS assuring me it was reserved.

I sent an email. We'll see how they respond I guess.

What color were you supposed to get and did you get?

My box hasnt shipped yet, its making me anxious.

Did you ever get the confirmation emails confirming your selections?

Not the automatic one. But I sent in my selections to CS & she responded to say they were reserved so I figured I was good!

I have a feeling they're in for another sh*tstorm this month if none of these email reservations went through  :blink:

• Like 1

Oh I know I know, Botchbox.  Not that I'm complaining this month, but it's an affectionate term to keep in reserve. 

• Like 10

What color were you supposed to get and did you get?

My box hasnt shipped yet, its making me anxious.

I should have gotten Rosary with this one. And I should be getting Ambrosia with another one, but I'm doubting that will happen now. 

At least I should be getting Relic (the one I wanted least lol).

I should have gotten Rosary with this one. And I should be getting Ambrosia with another one, but I'm doubting that will happen now.

At least I should be getting Relic (the one I wanted least lol).

What a mess. I had a feeling there would be some kind of mix up for people with multiple boxes. Their selection method via email didn't seem very straightforward.
  • Like 2

Not the automatic one. But I sent in my selections to CS & she responded to say they were reserved so I figured I was good!

I have a feeling they're in for another sh*tstorm this month if none of these email reservations went through  :blink:

That storm is on its way for sure!

Can we just start referring to BB as CF aka cluster f***? They cannot get their act together, what is it going to take?

Mmmmkay, sorry I just figured out how to quote.  Botchbox.  For when they're not on their game.  

• Like 2

I picked mine through CS and she said that it is reserved but I also got a confirmation email a day or so later as well.

For sure!! Unfortunately I didn't take screenshots of the confirmation page when I finally got the page to load, but I do have email confirmations. Prayer circle for our polishes. And those poor BB customer service gals (and guys). 

• Like 4

Funny, I've been scouring the web for reviews of the Catherine Malandrino fragrance, in order to decide if I should open it (and keep it), or try to sell it unopened. I haven't received it yet. The impressions are all over the place.

One person said watermelons, another said Pink Sugar. A few people said sweet. Many people said floral and fruity. Many people said sophisticated. Some people said musky. Some said Amber. Many said mature or evening fragrance. A few said old lady. Many people loved it and were sad that it is expensive.

I think I'm going to have to try it, if only to find out how one perfume can be so different to so many people.

Also, my July bb has shipped. Sorry about my lack of punctuation. I am on a tablet.

• Like 1

Funny, I've been scouring the web for reviews of the Catherine Malandrino fragrance, in order to decide if I should open it (and keep it), or try to sell it unopened. I haven't received it yet. The impressions are all over the place.

One person said watermelons, another said Pink Sugar. A few people said sweet. Many people said floral and fruity. Many people said sophisticated. Some people said musky. Some said Amber. Many said mature or evening fragrance. A few said old lady. Many people loved it and were sad that it is expensive.

I think I'm going to have to try it, if only to find out how one perfume can be so different to so many people.

Also, my July bb has shipped. Sorry about my lack of punctuation. I am on a tablet.

If you don't like it I'm sure you can still sell it for a pretty good amount if you've only used it once or twice.

• Like 1

The system with the email was probably automated.  I'm guessing if you emailed a CS rep, they probably have to enter your selection in manually.  When that happens there's all sorts of potential for error!  Hopefully not all selections made through CS will have dropped through the cracks. 

In other news, my truck is remaining stubbornly un-clicky :(

I got a response: 

Hi Allison,

Thanks for writing in. I'm so sorry for any trouble!

I do see that we confirmed that the Ruffian Nail Lacquer in Ambrosia would be included in your July box. However, this did not go through successfully because we were not able to bill your account on July 1st. Not to worry, I have gone ahead and set you up to receive this sample separately since it was not included in your July box originally. You should receive this additional sample in approximately 10 days!

However, I did look into this further to make sure that these sorts of errors would not occur for you in the future. Because you had cancelled your monthly subscription on June 17th and then repurchased it on that same date, you were not in our normal billing cycle of July 1st. Since our subscription services are set up to automatically re-bill each month, many of these add on options (including Choose Your Shade and Birchbox Plus) are contingent on us being able to bill you successfully on the first of each month. While you can certainly continue to cancel and resubscribe each month, I did want to let you know that this could continue to have effects on your account in the future since these subscriptions are set up to automatically re-bill.

If you do not receive your new sample within 10 days, please let me know! You can also give us a call at 877-487-7272 (9a-9p EST) and we'd be happy to assist you. :)

Very Best,

Charity

That doesnt make any sense. Your card info was good, why should cancelling and resubbing weeks before the beginning of july change the date you're billed.

Sounds like an easy way for them to say they need to fix their billing system buy blame it on you instead.

So, I am curious how I find out what box I got before it gets posted.  I have a tracking number, and it says my box has shipped, but the reference number is

BB12689333 

Help?

That doesnt make any sense. Your card info was good, why should cancelling and resubbing weeks before the beginning of july change the date you're billed.

Yeah I'm emailing her back. I mean, I paid almost two weeks before the first. It's not like I was late. 

• Like 3

Yeah I'm emailing her back. I mean, I paid almost two weeks before the first. It's not like I was late.

What date does your bank say you were billed? I signed up at the end of June, I was charged on the first and it processed on the second.

• Like 1

What date does your bank say you were billed? I signed up at the end of June, I was charged on the first and it processed on the second.

I paid on 6/17 for my July box. It was one that I cancelled and resubscribed using one of the 100 point codes. 

So I mean, I paid before the 'pick your sample' selection even started. 

• Like 4