Luxx22

Beauteque Beauty Bag: New Korean Cosmetics Subscription *May Contain Spoilers*

I am still going to get the grey, because I am going to try and re-purpose it as an eyeliner - haha

I like the color of it in the swatch. 

• Like 1

Oh, I like the look of these products! I'll get the same as everyone else! ^^

I'll try using the grey one as an eyeliner! I'm not a brow product fan! ^^

Edited by Fae

beauteque just offered 3 different types of bags - New Year New You - 20, 30 and 40 dollars

full sized items

$20.00 - $46.00 value 4 full sized items

$30.00 - $66.00 value 5 full sized items

$40.00 - $76.00 value 7 full sized items

they also ask you your skin tone & skin type, so looks like a little bit of customatization

Shipping costs vary, based on bag & country.  If you purchase the 40.00 one and are in the USA, it is free shipping.

I purchased the 40.00 one.  I figure memebox is not tempting me, so I am going to give beauteque some business :)

• Like 5

These bags look really tempting!! Although my fiance is still looking for a job (ughhh it's been months now- th job market is awful!) so I think I have to pass on anything that is a complete mystery. It's why I've avoided Memeboxes lately too- can't risk spending money on stuff that I won't like/can't use etc.

having said that, I think this is still a great deal- especially since you can customize it by your skin type etc. I can't wait to see what everyone gets!

• Like 2

oh miss jexie, I am sorry that your fiance is still looking for a job!!  I will be hoping he finds one and a good one soon!

oh miss jexie, I am sorry that your fiance is still looking for a job!!  I will be hoping he finds one and a good one soon!

Thank you! He's had a few interviews but nothing has panned out yet. It's been tough on my kbeauty budget LOL- especially since Beauteque has been really banging out the bags lately! I am really tempted by these mystery ones because we can customize them to skintype as well as price point! If I can pick up a few extra hours at work next week I might just snag one!

• Like 2

I'm so tempted by the New Year New You bag since we can customize it.  For skin types/concerns, one of the options is "anti-aging."  Makes me want to buy it and just stick my entire face in the bag!

• Like 4

The new bag is actually tempting me. Feel like I need to give Beauteque a chance, but until the Canadian dollar gets a bit stronger I need to take a break from mystery products. It's too pricey to take a chance on items I won't like. 

My Milk bag is arriving tomorrow. The new bags sound interesting although I am on a no buy. I also worry that I won't be able to figure out the ingredients and whether it bothers my rosacea. Looking forward to my new items!

• Like 1

I'm also tempted by the New Year's bags but... My Milky Bag saga continues.

As most of you know the owner of Beauteque tried to contact me here about my shipment and bouncing emails. I contacted her through a different email account, she apologised, was really nice and told me - as she also stated here - that the bag shipped. It was on the 14th. So I was ok with that, but still got no tracking and the bag still didn't show up. So I contacted her again yesterday asking for tracking info and got it today. And guess what - the bag shipped on the 21st.

I may be told now that I'm being negative again but, I'm sorry, it's just not the right way to conduct business and treat customers. I can understand delays, problems with stock and communication but when sb actually states publicly and privately sth that obviously isn't true... Then I just don't get it. And I certainly will have some trust issues with the company.

I'm glad it's working for so many of you but sadly, I just don't think it's a place to order for me.

• Like 2

@@Paulina PS  you should probably let them know this.   I would have emailed them back and asked why I was told one thing but reality showed another thing and let them know how this affects your dealings with them as a business.  that isn't right that they told you that it had been shipped when it wasn't.   I was always told mine would be shipping,  not that it had shipped

I have never had issues with beauteque that couldn't be resolved in a reasonable manner and I am sure they would want to hear your feedback and see how it can be resolved. 

Edited by biancardi

@@biancardi you're right and I know I should email them but I'm just tired of all that. My health issues make me overwhelmed with anything stressful at the moment and I just wish to get my order and not think about it anymore. I don't want any compensation or anthing really but I just feel sad about it. Maybe I can't deal with some things reasonably myself atm, I don't know.

I hope I'll manage to muster some energy and contact them about it again.

• Like 1

@@biancardi you're right and I know I should email them but I'm just tired of all that. My health issues make me overwhelmed with anything stressful at the moment and I just wish to get my order and not think about it anymore. I don't want any compensation or anthing really but I just feel sad about it. Maybe I can't deal with some things reasonably myself atm, I don't know.

I hope I'll manage to muster some energy and contact them about it again.

(((hugs)))) to you, @@Paulina PS.  When something is supposed to be fun and enjoyable and instead it stresses you out, I understand why you don't want to deal with it right now.

It takes the joy out of getting your goodies - I know, I've had some major health issues and for me, my patience level was so thin when I was going thru some stressful times.   I also didn't want to deal with things that made me unhappy or sad either too...

I hope you will get some relief with your health and feel better soon..

• Like 2

@@biancardi thank you so much for the kind words.

I get frustrated and all teary so easily now. I broke my arm over 3 weeks ago, my elbow is fractured in 2 places, I was in plaster for 3 weeks, now there's an aluminium brace for the next 3, I'm swollen, bruised, can't move normal or wear any normal clothes. And I still have to go back to work on Monday, to do 10 hours of teaching the first day cause it's the end of semester here and I can't afford any more leave.

Totally off topic and self-piteous but I just wanted to explain why I feel that frustrated with all my issues atm.

Promise not to go on any rants anymore ;)

Edited by Paulina PS

@@paulina, I hope you feel better soon, and I can understand your frustration with Beauteque so far.

While I can't say I was wowed at all by the January sub bag, it was OK.  I'm loving the Milk Bag, and since Memebox's "big restock party" all week long has been a total bust as far as I'm concerned (oh, and now Memebox is deleting negative reviews on their site and manipulating others to make everything look like a 5-star box, so I am really fed up with them), I have some K-beauty mad money to spend.  Memebox sure as hell isn't getting it.

The NYNY box looks so tempting.  Anti-aging party on my face.

Edit:  Just checked the $40 NYNY box again -- 32 ounces, wow!  Two pounds of stuff.  Compared to the last few boxes from M. that I got, that's a LOT.

Edited by TheSilverNail
  • Like 1

@@paulina, I hope you feel better soon, and I can understand your frustration with Beauteque so far.

While I can't say I was wowed at all by the January sub bag, it was OK. I'm loving the Milk Bag, and since Memebox's "big restock party" all week long has been a total bust as far as I'm concerned (oh, and now Memebox is deleting negative reviews on their site and manipulating others to make everything look like a 5-star box, so I am really fed up with them), I have some K-beauty mad money to spend. Memebox sure as hell isn't getting it.

The NYNY box looks so tempting. Anti-aging party on my face.

Edit: Just checked the $40 NYNY box again -- 32 ounces, wow! Two pounds of stuff. Compared to the last few boxes from M. that I got, that's a LOT.

Please post your bag . I'm so tempted to buy one mystery but not sure which price point to go with lowest or middle one . I think now you put the weight I wamma see what's in the bags

• Like 1

Please post your bag . I'm so tempted to buy one mystery but not sure which price point to go with lowest or middle one . I think now you put the weight I wamma see what's in the bags

OK, I was really curious about the weight so I looked at all three bags:

$20 -- 4 items, 16 oz.

$30 -- 5 items, 28 oz.

$40 -- 7 items, 32 oz.

So the big weight jump is between the first and second tier.  The fifth item weights 12 ounces?

I know I am WAY, WAY over-analyzing this.  Will prob spring for the $40 bag since it has 7 things and free shipping.  And I'm a pig.

• Like 3

@biancardi 

Yep, it should be fine, the fractures are healing well according to my doc and I'm able to move my arm quite well as for the circumstances. It's just really painful and uncomfortable and frustrating. And I'll probably have to exercise it some once it heals to make the joint and muscles extend fully.

No worries, though, I'm quite positive it's gonna be ok, but it's sometimes really hard to remember about it and then I get whiny and unhappy ;)

Thank you so much for your concern and understanding  :flowers: 

• Like 2

I'm also tempted by the New Year's bags but... My Milky Bag saga continues.

As most of you know the owner of Beauteque tried to contact me here about my shipment and bouncing emails. I contacted her through a different email account, she apologised, was really nice and told me - as she also stated here - that the bag shipped. It was on the 14th. So I was ok with that, but still got no tracking and the bag still didn't show up. So I contacted her again yesterday asking for tracking info and got it today. And guess what - the bag shipped on the 21st.

I may be told now that I'm being negative again but, I'm sorry, it's just not the right way to conduct business and treat customers. I can understand delays, problems with stock and communication but when sb actually states publicly and privately sth that obviously isn't true... Then I just don't get it. And I certainly will have some trust issues with the company.

I'm glad it's working for so many of you but sadly, I just don't think it's a place to order for me.

As far as I'm concerned, you are completely within your rights to post your experiences here. And I *always* want to know about both positive and negative experiences people have with a company.  You have absolutely legit reasons to be unhappy, and you have as much right as anyone to talk about that, even though it's not sunshine and roses.  It shouldn't *have* to be sunshine and roses.  I'm also very sorry to hear about what you've been going through.

• Like 5

As I was one that was a little surprised at the negativity towards beauteque earlier this week, I wish to just explain why I stated it.  It wasn't to shut anyone down with their experiences at all.

I was voicing my opinion but in no way was I telling folks what to post.  I just think we have been burned by Memebox so much and Beateque was getting a raw deal with just one bad experience.    I was just trying to say, reach out to them, I've had good experiences with them via CS.

I also had a delayed bag and I had to contact them a few times to find out where it was.  We shouldn't have to do that - if there is a backorder, then tell us proactively.   Also, if they told Paulina one thing about the shipping date and it turns out it was shipped out a few days later, an apology to Paulina would be the least thing to do here.

I am all for criticizing companies, but I felt that because of our bad memebox experiences, beauteque was getting piled on here.   I also believe that if you don't let a company know why you are unhappy, then they cannot change their behavior properly.  A great company listens to customer complaints without being defensive.   It wasn't to shut anyone down and I am sorry if that is how it came across.

forgive?

Edited by biancardi
  • Like 4

As I was one that was a little surprised at the negativity towards beauteque earlier this week, I wish to just explain why I stated it.  It wasn't to shut anyone down with their experiences at all.

I was voicing my opinion but in no way was I telling folks what to post.  I just think we have been burned by Memebox so much and Beateque was getting a raw deal with just one bad experience.    I was just trying to say, reach out to them, I've had good experiences with them via CS.

I also had a delayed bag and I had to contact them a few times to find out where it was.  We shouldn't have to do that - if there is a backorder, then tell us proactively.   Also, if they told Paulina one thing about the shipping date and it turns out it was shipped out a few days later, an apology to Paulina would be the least thing to do here.

I am all for criticizing companies, but I felt that because of our bad memebox experiences, beauteque was getting piled on here.   I also believe that if you don't let a company know why you are unhappy, then they cannot change their behavior properly.  A great company listens to customer complaints without being defensive.   It wasn't to shut anyone down and I am sorry if that is how it came across.

forgive?

I grok all your reasoning here, and actually agree somewhat with the Memebox carryover effect!  I mean, just in terms of myself, and how skeptical and suspicious I am about mess-ups.  Meme has scarred me, haha. 

• Like 4