Luxx22

Beauteque Beauty Bag: New Korean Cosmetics Subscription *May Contain Spoilers*

@@Lorna ljblog wow - you got your bag quicker than me! Mine should be here tomorrow...

yeah I know shocked the postage said priority mail will look at label later after work as it was different but it still had tracking number as usual yet why they can't send us it I still don't understand . Just chosen my June nail polish option 2 is first choice 1 is second choice . Up for the face mask and the hand cream

yeah I know shocked the postage said priority mail will look at label later after work as it was different but it still had tracking number as usual yet why they can't send us it I still don't understand . Just chosen my June nail polish option 2 is first choice 1 is second choice . Up for the face mask and the hand cream

That was my choice too!  Yes, June's bag looks amazing!

My May bag got here yesterday. After trying the mist (I got the lime scent) I really like it. It's refreshing. It's not a strong scent, just smells refreshing. I'll be using this for sure. (If I just remember to get it out in the huge sea of products I have :D ) I got the lip balm in green as well and it's super moisturizing. I'm looking forward to using the rose essence. I like rose scents as long as they are not too strong. I tried the essence on the back of the hand and the scent is great. Not too over powering, just a nice rose scent. I don't use curlers but I'll give this one a try. I've never been a fan of curlers and have tried too many to count. They are just not a tool for me. EL mascara gives me the results without having to use a curler. Curlers are too much work for me. :D

One more spoiler for next month's bag (from FB)

10443155_451258075036395_553132422083748

Loving this! Never tried anything from that brand other than their delicious-tasting lip tint (which fell short other than its taste). Not supposed to eat your makeup but oh well.. :P

Edited by veritazy
  • Like 1

Beauteque has a new head to toe bag in aloe vera - I did purchase this one, as it is the season for aloe vera!!

there are 7 full sized items in here - 2 spoilers below.

Head2Toe_Aloe_Socialv6_20__60143.1433174

• Like 2

Did anyone who has canceled their subscription randomly get charged today? I got an email from Beauteque today saying that my subscription was in danger of expiring because my card info is no longer up to date, but I canceled my subscription a couple of months ago.

Beauteque seem to have had a major security breach or something as they attempted to take vast sums of money from some people's accts (to the tune of $5000!!).

If anyone has purchased or has a subscription, I'd immediately check your acct and see if there has been any attempt to remove money. [i was notified by another member about this and is quite rightly fuming as she's had to cancel the card].

Hopefully its a one off and no one else has had the same thing happen but better to do a quick check online / by phone with your bank / CC just in case.

[and no, I'm not trying to scaremonger, the person involved may post about it but with it being raised about emails sent I thought it worth mentioning in case there are others affected as would hate people to be charged twice or extra money and not notice - especially if its not a big amount like this one was).

Edit - on mobile so spelling mistake with tiny screen!

Edited by Alidolly
  • Like 1

I was checking emails on way from home 6 missed voicemails and texts . Email from Beauteque 2.56 calls from fraud squad 2.59 . Finally finish sorting the crapola out wat after 6 pm after work . So not even remotely happy $5000 was attempted to be taken . Then when it was declined $250 was tried again . I'm now cardless for the week . No answer from Beauteque as of yet either . I cancelled my account . Was going to buy the odd head to toe . Right now the bank say the company are classed high risk and red flagged due to such huge amounts being demanded.

Will not be going near again . If you cancel your subscriptions why the hell are they still attempting to take money from your account.

OMG.  Thanks for alerting us here.   I checked my bank account and it is just the one charge for my monthly bag - but this does not sound good for beauteque.

then again, our own government servers have been hacked by the Chinese government, so I am not shocked about these things anymore

I do think, as I get these types of emails from other sites where I have my CC on file, that the notification about the card expiring doesn't necessary mean that they are charging you.

I do wish there was a way to remove the CC completely from some of these places, but I've seen it before with other companies.

• Like 1

My card wasn't expiring . I cancelled both my subscriptions. They decided to help themselves and try and renew my cancelled subscriptions I've just had fraud sqaud call again same company and this time smaller amount funnily enough for the mask bag . No I won't be emailing the company thru can damn well sort there mess out .

My card wasn't expiring . I cancelled both my subscriptions. They decided to help themselves and try and renew my cancelled subscriptions I've just had fraud sqaud call again same company and this time smaller amount funnily enough for the mask bag . No I won't be emailing the company thru can damn well sort there mess out .

hi lorna, I was referring to theori3's post when I wrote that, as I didn't know you had cancelled your subs when this happened to you.

I don't blame you for not wanting to deal with beauteque on this matter - this is just horrible...

Did anyone who has canceled their subscription randomly get charged today? I got an email from Beauteque today saying that my subscription was in danger of expiring because my card info is no longer up to date, but I canceled my subscription a couple of months ago.

Yep same email as I got . But as they were sending the email they were trying to take money out the account that was cancelled . I'd already .nothing states a payment was going to be taken not that my account says they should of anyway.once cancelled

Didn't mean to post then run, my dog had an op today so he's currently crying (he's to wear a cone all week) so head pounding from the Shiba scream. Just hope Beauteque notify everyone affected and make a public apology..though I doubt it given the lies they've told about shipping in the past. Barge and pole spring to mind.

They are going for plausible denial - wasn't us your honour - a big boy did it and ran away!! Typical response...

Wait, so is the email a phishing scam? With a link that takes you somewhere else to steal your money? Or was there a breach somewhere at Beauteque??

I've used my credit card there though I'm not subscribed (didn't get an email either) but I'm going to run check my accounts just in case. 

Not good!!  I'm so sorry you have to deal with this crap! I had my information taken when a company was hacked and they had to give everyone credit card protection and access to credit reports for five years. So I've got that. No notification yet but I'm not chancing it. I'll be watching closely.

I know that some folks are mad at beauteque and rightly so, but I do hope that for those who are still sub'd can still discuss the monthly bags.

I received my June bag and it is a pretty good.  They are slowly stepping up here. 
bb1_1.png

And I am pleased to see that July's bag will include TheYeon (everyone knows I love the Yeon)

post-103689-0-63904300-1434411030_thumb.jpg

I also got the aloe head to toe bag...since folks probably haven't seen this yet, I will put it in a spoiler tag

It has

Nature Republic aloe vera body cream
nature republic smoothing aloe moisture emulsion
w fresh aloe mask sheet
tosowoong pure mask in aloe
welcos aloe vera soothing gel mist
it's skin aloe soothing gel
silicon massage pad

aloe1.png

• Like 3

I just opened my bag and was really surprised by all the items. I'm really happy with this month's bag. I will use these items for sure. I can't wait to try the strawberry mask and the peeling gel. I'll use everything in the bag with the exception of the nail polish which I'll give to my daughter. This is a winner for me.

• Like 1

@Reija  I feel like I opened up a fruit basket!!  haha.  I was hoping for the more darker shade, but I got a pale lavender glitter.   It isn't bad - I use glitters as topcoats, so I think this would look really good over a black nailpolish.  In fact, I might just have to do that tomorrow!!

So sorry to hear about the charges.  I hope this works out for everyone!

On a side note, I really really love the June bag and their Mask subscription.   It's my second month with them and I am happy with all the wonderful products I'll get to try.  I just discovered the Peach Hand Cream and I'm happy to get another this month.  :wub:

• Like 1

I forwarded the email I got to their customer service department (it came from the subscriptions email address), and got an automated reply about them canceling my account. It makes me pretty angry that they apparently didn't even read my email or didn't want to actually address the issue. I sent another email asking why they attempted a charge in the first place, we'll see what happens. I had to cancel the card that was on file earlier this month because the info was stolen, which is why the charge couldn't go through. I wonder if their system does a "test" charge every month to see if a card is still active, and for some reason is doing it for both canceled and active subscriptions--if so, that seems like something they need to stop.

• Like 1

@theori3  I agree.  I remember one time with another subscription company, I had TO FIGHT to get them to remove my CC information off their system.  There has to be a way to delete it.

• Like 1

@theori3  I agree.  I remember one time with another subscription company, I had TO FIGHT to get them to remove my CC information off their system.  There has to be a way to delete it.

I know I ended up putting a completely fake number or expiry date (don't remember which) for a certain sub box because they have no way to delete cc info. After reading stories about people being charged months after cancelling, I felt a little uncomfortable with them having my cc number still. And this is a very well known sub that's been around awhile. 

Edited by blinded