Sample Society July 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could someone post the spoilers in here? That article won't load for me, and I was just thinking about what the revamped version of this sub was going to look like.

I read the article and it looks like everything that is pictured on the new "join now" sections of SS is included.  The question is how big are the deluxe samples. It sounds like they might have abandoned the multi A to E variations too.

It says each box has a $10 gift card. I wonder if this will be different than the $15 off $50.
Okay, now that I'm home I can see more stuff!  Yep, the $10 card will be different:  Now it can be used on *anything* on the store, not just a brand in the box.

And it looks like they might be repositioning themselves as less skincare-focused.  If so, that's a very, *very* good thing.  I think I'll go ahead and give them another shot.  I bailed because they kept sending me pretty much nothing but skincare, and typically anti-aging skincare (I might be 42, but my skin *hates* anti-aging skincare with a burning passion.  And by "burning," I mean "it feels like I've smeared acid all over my face"), but if they're going to send more balanced boxes along the lines of what Birchbox sends me, I'll jump back on board, at least for a few months.  I know other people don't have the same luck I do with BB, but they do phenomenally well at sending me boxes with *a* haircare product, *a* skincare product, *a* makeup item, etc., not a sunblock, an eyecream, a night serum, a hand cream, and a lipgloss.  *Four* moisturizers.  Snooze.  That was the box that made me cancel Sample Society out of sheer boredom the last time I gave them another try. 

I'm probably going to jump back on board for the new Sample Society. As much as I like skincare, I already have way too much and would like to try other things. Hopefully this new box will have some makeup and maybe even perfume (yes, I like perfume in my boxes).

I signed back up (wow, I was gone from this sub for a *year*!), but...  It looks like their shipping schedule is shifting to the 11th of the month rather than the 1st now.  Bummer.  I liked it when this one would come at the beginning so I didn't have a glut of things to try mid-month.  Oh, well. 

I would love it if they sent something from the...

BL Lolly Brights collection! It's perfect for summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the liquid lipstick as a comp from loreal and liked it so much I bought two more so I am just hoping for a different color.

I just HAD TO sign up! If all the items they mentioned in the article/in the photo when you're signing up are included... this is an amazing box. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ssju.png

I'm really psyched about the perfume. The L'Oreal seems a little out of place, but I won't turn down a mini lip product :) Sounds like the highlighter is pretty sparkly...hope it's not a glitter bomb!

It says each box has a $10 gift card. I wonder if this will be different than the $15 off $50.
The guy I just spoke with told me that we can still use past coupon codes until they expire, but we cannot stack them with the gift cards, which I'm fine with. Hed also confirmed that all members will receive the Laura Mercier highlighter (score!!! I've been wanting one of those!) and that there will be a greater balance of treatment, makeup and fragrance in the future. And that the card can be used on any product, which for me is a huge enough selling point that it really doesn't bother me that it's for $10 instead of $15. Much of what I like and buy from Beauty Bar is either not typically featured in Sample Society, or appeared in other members' boxes so I had no chance of redeeming the code for what I really wanted (I love Jane Iredale and received two products within four months...two years ago.) 

Latest posts

Back