June 25, 2014: Are you daring when it comes to skincare?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A comment someone made on Facebook about Korean products made me wonder:

Are you daring when it comes to skincare?

Memebox, a MuT forum sponsor, has many types of boxes ranging from hair care to makeup and even skincare. Some of the more unique box types are products filled made from snail slime (typically harvested without harming the snail) to less unique ingredients like chocolate or even milk. Thanks to Memebox I've become addicted to trying more skincare products from Korea. So are you daring when it comes to skincare? Willing to try products made from snail slime, chocolate or milk?

as I am now an memeaddict, I would say yeah.  I guess I view skincare products the same way as food - I will try just about anything once!

I would say yes, definitely. I didn't take care of my skin very well in my late teens/early twenties. So now I am trying to do what I can to repair and prevent damage! I don't have super sensitive skin, so as long as a product doesn't burn or irritate my skin, I will give it a go!

I'm actually quite interested in the snail slime products, but my husband put the kibosh on more subscription boxes. I definitely want to try out Memebox! One of these days...

For sure. I've never had the opportunity to try anything really outrageous like snail slime, but I'd be willing to. The only things that really sketch me out in the skincare world are harsh chemicals and plastic exfoliation beads, which are unfortunately not all that uncommon. 

For sure to do with out there products, but nothing to do with snails or animals as I'm not sure if they are treated badly. Would hate it if they were. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I would love to try the milk or grains boxes though, they sound awesome!!!

Some of the products sound unique that's for sure...even Michael Todd has some "snail related skin care". I don't think my husband would come near me if I used something like that...he hates snails/slugs...but spiders are fine (weirdo).

Hmm, I don't think I'd try the snail slime, but chocolate or milk I'd definitely try! I haven't experimented much with skincare products. I don't have the budget to try anything but drugstore products at the moment. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I agree with previous comments. Definitely would try milk or chocolate!!.. If I didn't eat the chocolate first :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But no, snail slime may be too far for me haha. I just tend to moisturise my skin daily. If I didn't have a skin routine god know what my skin would look like! X

Nope. The last time I was daring was trying a Kangskin face mask from  Memebox, the  Dermco box, said it was for sensitive skin. Huge mistake. I only had it on for 10 minutes, there was no burning, itching just cold and slimy. I rinse then wash with my usual Cetaphil. Next morning my entire face was flaming red and covered in bumps. It took nine days for my face to return to normal.

I think if you'd ask me this question 3 years ago, before I started blogging, I would answer No and wouldn't be so open to try new and unfamiliar things. But today? Hell yeah! Give me anything (cosmetic) and I will put it on my face  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yes but not exactly... I do experiment with home made remedies..... I try what others told me but I never try market products too easily...

No why should we dare when it comes to skin care? If we are following a proper skin care routine then it wont become a big problem and i would suggest all of you to go with products that are available online and which has more number of customer reviews. If we are using a right product then we don't have to worry about our skin.

Yes, I am addicted to the skin care.

My skin is sensitive so I always use good and natural products for skin care.

Products from Radha Beauty are really god. I am using products from this store regularly. The products are all natural.

Last edited by a moderator:
A comment someone made on Facebook about Korean products made me wonder:

Are you daring when it comes to skincare?

Memebox, a MuT forum sponsor, has many types of boxes ranging from hair care to makeup and even skincare. Some of the more unique box types are products filled made from snail slime (typically harvested without harming the snail) to less unique ingredients like chocolate or even milk. Thanks to Memebox I've become addicted to trying more skincare products from Korea. So are you daring when it comes to skincare? Willing to try products made from snail slime, chocolate or milk?
I would definitely try out with beauty products made from chocolate or milk. But I am not sure about snail slime. 

Latest posts

Back