Starlooks July 2014 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Oh my gosh, the July Lookbook was just posted! I am SO excited! I hope everyone is ready for neon/bold colors! I am seriously freaking out that half the lookbook photos are black light photos too! If we get blacklight/glow makeup I will seriously scream with joy.

I am definitely looking forward to this box after seeing the looksbook... though not really wanting the orange lipstick, I'd prefer the pink color in the two-toned lip look.

It should be interesting to see what we get, since it can be so hard to tell from the Looksbook!

Yeah, I hear ya, the lookbook is always a tease. I actually would be happy with either lipstick color as my hair is orange right now and Its a color I lack in terms of lipstick but the pink would be great too. I just hate the looooong wait till we find out! Maybe July will just fly by or something because I'm far more excited about this month than months past and I'm gonna need it!

omg!! I love this look

NP9.jpg

I have no idea what they will put in here,as when they put in a palette, they don't give you much of anything else. Lipstick? I see several versions - so maybe we get a palette, a lipstick and a sample of that blacklight/glow that @ mentioned? I seriously do not know what this is - please explain about this blacklight/glow you speak of with such passion - lol

I bet you that gold shadow is our is our gold eyeliner cream we got for June. And the black eyeliner is from March (which I got rid of - lol)

So, I am leaning more now to an eyeshadow palette, because those colors - I do not remember starlooks sending out anything recently in those shades - plus lipsticks, maybe false eyelashes.

that is my guess :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
 I see several versions - so maybe we get a palette, a lipstick and a sample of that blacklight/glow that @ mentioned? I seriously do not know what this is - please explain about this blacklight/glow you speak of with such passion - lol

I bet you that gold shadow is our is our gold eyeliner cream we got for June. And the black eyeliner is from March (which I got rid of - lol)
To my knowledge Starlooks does not have a black light/glow line of cosmetics which is why I will be surprised if we get such an item. BUT I love UV reactive makeup with a passion and a girl can hope after seeing the black light photos in their lookbook. I own a few theatrical palettes from Ben Nye, Kryolan, and Wolfe that I use for various event or stage makeup. These photos were from the Electric Run 5k that I did last year.

I was also thinking the same thing about the yellow, its probably a "here's other things you can do with last month's yellow" tie in.

IMG_8905.JPGIMG_8931.JPGIMG_0225.JPGIMG_0218.JPG

I love the lookbook this month.  The blush/highligher from last month was amazing, and I'd love a bronzer to go with it, but I'm most excited for that orangey lipstick.  Starlooks lip liners are my absolute favorite, and I'm currently obsessed with orange lipstick, so I'd love to see them come out with one so that my trendy color can last past a sip of water.

All of the girls in the book have heavy eye makeup in a really wide array of colors, so if we hadn't recently gotten one of those five color palates I'd be expecting one of those.  Maybe this is a month for glitter or pigment?

I just think those eyeshadows are too "smooth" for a glitter. It could be a pigment

I am leaning towards a palette - Hong Kong - because of the Asian-American label of their group - you can see it has the purples and blues, and it has a black eyeshadow at the end.   They have, in the past, given out eyeshadow palettes several times in a row, those were 4-quads, with removable eyeshadows.    I would really like that - as a 4 eyeshadow palette might give us more products!

5es13-Hong_Kong_1024x1024.jpg

I just think those eyeshadows are too "smooth" for a glitter. It could be a pigment

I am leaning towards a palette - Hong Kong - because of the Asian-American label of their group - you can see it has the purples and blues, and it has a black eyeshadow at the end.   They have, in the past, given out eyeshadow palettes several times in a row, those were 4-quads, with removable eyeshadows.    I would really like that - as a 4 eyeshadow palette might give us more products!

5es13-Hong_Kong_1024x1024.jpg
Interesting! Given the name and the colors it could be ones used in some of the pics!  There are so many pigments and eyeliner pots that also seem like possibilities, but that definitely looks like it could be the stuff used on girl in the look you posted earlier. Also, it specifically shows the one girl with a lipstick, so maybe this and a lipstick? The looksbook description says the band helped pick "a few items" for the box, so maybe if it is that palette we could still get two other items instead of one, that'd be nice. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Interesting! Given the name and the colors it could be ones used in some of the pics!  There are so many pigments and eyeliner pots that also seem like possibilities, but that definitely looks like it could be the stuff used on girl in the look you posted earlier. Also, it specifically shows the one girl with a lipstick, so maybe this and a lipstick? The looksbook description says the band helped pick "a few items" for the box, so maybe if it is that palette we could still get two other items instead of one, that'd be nice. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
it would be nice!!  I look at last year, and when they did the November box, they had 3 items - the orion eyeliner, eyeliner brush & a 5-palette.  So, they have been generous before.  Since this is a "special" box, I hope we get 3 items! 

Am I the only person that wants this neon trend to just *die*. Like a horrible painful death.

That hong kong pallet though...that can get in my makeup collection. Now.
Neon is *way* too '80s for me.  I *hated* the '80s.  Grunge era over here, thankyouverymuch. 

Huh.  I just noticed that the Tokyo palette we received in April is still not available in the shop.  If it *is* a palette month, it's possible it's something completely new.

I laughed at the description of the band - punk rock.  The punk rockers that I grew up listening to would not have been caught dead in those outfits!!  Those styles are from the New Wave era (which I did love - I love just about ever era :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

Last edited by a moderator:
Neon is *way* too '80s for me.  I *hated* the '80s.  Grunge era over here, thankyouverymuch. 

Huh.  I just noticed that the Tokyo palette we received in April is still not available in the shop.  If it *is* a palette month, it's possible it's something completely new.
I thought of that as well - I just thought that since the description stated that the musicians picked items that they would wear, I interpreted that to be an existing items.  Could be something new - but I love that Hong Kong palette!!

Lol, Neon or not, I doubt I'll be disappointed. I certainly don't wear neon colors often but they are fun for me occasionally, I sure wouldn't mind that Hong Kong palette (or any other) one bit either. I'm pretty dang open minded to colors though. My *typical* day to day is certainly more of a grungy (actually more on the gothic side) look too.
Truthfully, although not everyone would like the selection, I really do want the orange lipstick.....I want to play with orange/red/gold/black variations.

I was born in the 80's and I LOVE the 80's, I just think that neon (and a few other things) ought to stay there.

Grungy librarian hobo chic is more my thing.

I need that Hong Kong palette in my life too.

I agree that the yellow/gold seen in several of the lookbook photos is our gold liner from June. It definitely looks like we're getting some eye shadow and vibrant lip color. I love this photo set so so much!

Latest posts

Back