GLOSSYBOX July 2014 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang it, they got me at GlamGlow! Dying to try the Thirstymud hydrating treatment. :smilehappyyes:  
I have the Thirstymud, and love it.  It feels great, especially after flying.  I'd like to sample the new PowerMud (in the green container) -- it sounds like something that would work for me, but $69 is a big risk to take without trying it first. 

Skin Inc. looks interesting and I've liked mostly everything I've tried from Malin & Goetz.  I got a Nail Girls polish in ... well, it was in some sub box (maybe the Glossy Best of Britain box last summer?) and I wasn't impressed.  Maybe it will be something other than a polish?

Aloe Source isn't something I remember getting, so we'll see.

I'm halfway through my Living Social deal, and for the average $12 I paid for these boxes, I've been pleased.  But I don't know that I'd jumnp to resubscribe at more than twice that price.  The nice thing is that it seems that you can always get a box if you want it, even without a subscription.

I have the Thirstymud, and love it.  It feels great, especially after flying.  I'd like to sample the new PowerMud (in the green container) -- it sounds like something that would work for me, but $69 is a big risk to take without trying it first. 

Skin Inc. looks interesting and I've liked mostly everything I've tried from Malin & Goetz.  I got a Nail Girls polish in ... well, it was in some sub box (maybe the Glossy Best of Britain box last summer?) and I wasn't impressed.  Maybe it will be something other than a polish?

Aloe Source isn't something I remember getting, so we'll see.

I'm halfway through my Living Social deal, and for the average $12 I paid for these boxes, I've been pleased.  But I don't know that I'd jumnp to resubscribe at more than twice that price.  The nice thing is that it seems that you can always get a box if you want it, even without a subscription.
Oooh, just checked out the PowerMud, looks promising. I'm intrigued by its mud-to-oil formula... wonder what's that like?

I have yet to try anything from Malin & Goetz, but have heard great things about their products. Yes, you're correct the Nailgirls polish was from the Britain box, and it did have a less than stellar formula. :/

Agreed, I'm pretty pleased too. Although I have noticed that their boxes are not as great as the first few. Loved that Burberry lipstick! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh, just checked out the PowerMud, looks promising. I'm intrigued by its mud-to-oil formula... wonder what's that like?

I have yet to try anything from Malin & Goetz, but have heard great things about their products. Yes! You're right the Nailgirls polish was from the Britain box, and it had a less than stellar formula. :/

Agreed, I'm pretty pleased too. Although I have noticed that their boxes are not as great as the first few. Loved that Burberry lipstick! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Oooh, I would've loved the Burberry lipstick! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Urgh, I'm torn. Other than the Nail Girls, all the rest seem like the standard skin/hair care that I am sick and tired of getting... on the other hand, a deluxe sample of any of the GlamGlow products would be nice, but really worth a $21 sub? I just don't know.

I love glam glow, I just ordered the GLAMGLOW® Tingling & Exfoliating Mud Mask from Birchbox using my points for it. I can't wait to see which one they are sending. I was planning on not renewing, but I'm in for another month.

I am looking forward to the spoilers images.

I was not too impressed by the PowerMud. I had them make me a sample at Sephora. I did not notice any difference. I do use a Clarisonic normally so that could also make a difference.

I love Malin + Goetz, but my sub ended and I haven't seen any good deals for a multi-month subscription. I'm hoping they'll do something for the 4th of July. 

I think I'm going to cancel... resubscribe with a new promo and get a second box with my glossydots.

Uhg of COURSE I just canceled my sub today! I may resub after some spoilers are released. I would love to try some Glam Glow (have always wanted to but that price tag...!) and I have enjoyed all Malin + Goetz products I've tried. I also got The Aloe Source Vitamin C cream in my Bircchbox this month and I LOVE it. So I may cave. DANG Glossybox! The June box was such a let down, but I feel like this always happens.

I was not too impressed by the PowerMud. I had them make me a sample at Sephora. I did not notice any difference. I do use a Clarisonic normally so that could also make a difference.
Good, so I won't be too upset if we don't get it,then. Thanks!

The spoiler is meh for me... it's easy to get Glamglow samples at Sephora (they just sent me a deluxe one as a free VIB promo that I bet will be the same size) and I feel like I've gotten most of the other brands through my other subs already. 

The thing I REALLY don't like about Glossybox though is the customer service.  Every time I try to use my points on a box, they seem to screw it up, and the CS reps never seem to know what's going on.  Anyone else have this experience or just me?  Especially when Birchbox has such great CS.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer...hopefully I will change my mind when I see more details on the spoilers!

Skin Inc serum was in the mothers day box - since it missed mothers day I ended up keeping it for myself...and I really like it!

Aloe source we had late last year a scrub from them and it was excellent so if there next product is as good I will like! I would love the try the Vit C cream.

Malin + Goetz - I think another sub introduced me to the lip balm and my daughter pinched it and enjoys it so I don't mind drying something new from them.

So far I'm really looking forward to this box.

I'm going to have to pass on this one. I already have Glamglow products (thanks to TJ Maxx!) and the other brands don't really do much for me.

But then again...after the BG box, everything feels pale in comparison.

I'm going to have to pass on this one. I already have Glamglow products (thanks to TJ Maxx!) and the other brands don't really do much for me.

But then again...after the BG box, everything feels pale in comparison.
BG box was the BEST :smilehappyyes:

I've never used anything GlamGlow, I loved the Skininc serum in the mothers day box, malin + goetz sounds interesting since so many of you like it!  I'm interested.  I've got some glossydots to spend...

Latest posts

Back