drugstore BB cream

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
BB cream is the one product I have not ever tried. I am interested in it now because I want something to put on for days when I just want some coverage to even out my skintone without having to do my entire foundation team. Or maybe I need a CC cream?

I'm looking to experiment so I'd really like some drugstore suggestions before I spend a lot on something high-end. Any suggestions/ personal experience would be welcome!

I personally do not recommend US made BB creams, I have tried very many and found them all disappointing. Korean brands are the way to go for me personally. Dr. Jart's Black Label Detox and Premium, Skin 79, Misscha are all excellent.

I love Garnier BB cream...for $10 it may be worth picking up just to try since lots of stores have good beauty return policies or just wait for a good coupon or sale from ULTA. I have seen some members here say Garnier products make them break out, but I have no problem. I don't wear foundation at all so it is part of my daily regimen and I love it, just the right amount of coverage without being thick and heavy. Good luck finding something you like!

At the moment, I use Physician's Formula Super BB Cream All-In-one Beauty Balm.  I like it as it gives some light coverage rather than simply a tint.  It also comes in a convenient compact which is nice.  I generally use it on any days that I don't use foundation as it fits into a skincare routine.  I'm also curious to try others that may have better coverage, but right now it's pretty decent for price.

Lumene's BB Cream is a little more than most drugstore BBs ($14) but it's decent, and I found its coverage to be good but not foundation-level. 

Making a list of stuff to try! Although I am reading about Korean products now.. ooh dear I may have opened some new doors now!

My fave is Tarte BB Cream, :sunshine:   it's a little pricey but it cover's without build~up & doesn't clog~up my pores :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I really want to try Smashbox CC Cream ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have to watch out as I break~out. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The Maybeline one is HORRIBLE. I put it on, did some cleaning around the house, went to look in the mirror and there was no product left on my face. I also broke out the next day which was lovely.

I love Bio Beauty by NUXE's BB Cream. It has a good texture and has a medium coverage. I've tried a lot of Korean BB creams, and I'm not really impressed with any of them. The color is difficult to match and often gives a greyish cast. However, Missha's BB cream is pretty good and easy to wear.

I was pleasantly surprised at Rimmel's BB cream. I got it for ridiculously cheap at a half off sale. Garnier was not good for me.

I have really oily skin and I read Garnier isn't really good for that.. however loreal products are 40% off at ulta so I got theirs to try.. physician's formula is also on sale so I may go back and get that as well (I can't say no to a sale.. dang it)

Since the weather changes to summer my skin has become Oily Combination so to help me with my oily skin i uses Garnier Skin Renew BB Cream Combination to Oily Skin in shade Light/Medium. I love it I'm an NW20 in MAC Studio Fix Fluid. So the color is just right for me, It controls oil and when I dont feel like wearing anything or im in a hurry i just grab my Makeupgeek brush and my BB cream put some lipgloss and i'm out the door.

I may just have to try the garnier anyway since so many people on here recommend it!

I tried the loreal today and put a little of my rimmel stay matte translucent powder on it.. it looks great!! I really am happy with the result! Although now I'm not sure whether I should just wear this or foundation since the results are so similar and the price is about the same. 

It's not a BB cream but for what you said you want Avon Magix Cashmere Foundation does that for me. It's advertised as foundation but the coverage is so sheer, that it veers into tinted moisturizer territory. It also has SPF 15 in it so that's a plus. I would not recommend it for oily skin, and would suggest using a powder over it because it can look quite shiny.

Latest posts

Back