Okay sooo The Collection of Grimm from Alchimia Apothecary. I also have to mention regarding use of the company's name - they might have had their logo on the invoice, I can't recall, but the sample vials are so cute and tiny that there isn't a ton of room for text. They are what I expected, don't get me wrong! It shows them right on the listing. They're adorable, though. Alchimia is having a 10% off sale until the 16th (tomorrow for most of us) so if any of these strike you, go for it!

I'm going to list them in order of least to most favorite. Basically there were two Hansel & Gretel inspired scents, and two Snow White inspired. I preferred the Hansel & Gretel but hey, to each their own.

Fairest Envy - This one was gross. And it stayed gross. I didn't like it all, but objectively, I am sure that some may. The website says there are a whole slew of scents layered in, from apple to licorice but all I could smell was mint. Like, weird, chewing gum wintergreen type mint. Not pleasant for me because I actually quite dislike wintergreen scent and flavor. Pass.

Whitest of Snow - This comes third but I actually really liked it because of how different and interesting it was. It is only third because the other two were better, if that makes sense. Alchimia says the fragrance has ebony wood, holly berries and pure white snow, inspired by the titular Snow White herself, but when I first apply this it smells like wet leaves. A pile of leaves that have fallen from the tree, been rained on and then kicked around by a little kid - it's crazy, and I love it. Once it has a chance to warm up on my skin it is very pretty light floral but oh man. I live for those wet leaves.

Out of the Woods - This is actually the most wearable of the scents, barring Whitest once it dries down. It is woodsy and fragrant, but not overbearing - you don't have to worry about smelling like a tree. You just kind of smell like you're in a forest, kind of the point, I'd imagine. I love woods, so of course I love this one.

Feast Day - MY FAVORITE. I'd hoped I would love it, and it didn't disappoint. Please, just read the description from Alchimia's website:

The notes in this blend are reflected in kind with fresh baked bread, cakes, and clear candied sugar. Trails of burning cedar wrap around the sweetness to meet with the aroma of what can only be described as freshly smoked bacon.

Just... yes. Yes to everything. It smells exactly as described, down to the bacon and I die. I love this so much, I just want to put tons of it on and wear it to the most inappropriate places, like a business meeting or a funeral. It is so terribly wonderful, I can't. If you like gourmands, and don't mind bacon, get this.

The end.

• Like 5

Okay sooo The Collection of Grimm from Alchimia Apothecary. I also have to mention regarding use of the company's name - they might have had their logo on the invoice, I can't recall, but the sample vials are so cute and tiny that there isn't a ton of room for text. They are what I expected, don't get me wrong! It shows them right on the listing. They're adorable, though. Alchimia is having a 10% off sale until the 16th (tomorrow for most of us) so if any of these strike you, go for it!

I'm going to list them in order of least to most favorite. Basically there were two Hansel & Gretel inspired scents, and two Snow White inspired. I preferred the Hansel & Gretel but hey, to each their own.

Fairest Envy - This one was gross. And it stayed gross. I didn't like it all, but objectively, I am sure that some may. The website says there are a whole slew of scents layered in, from apple to licorice but all I could smell was mint. Like, weird, chewing gum wintergreen type mint. Not pleasant for me because I actually quite dislike wintergreen scent and flavor. Pass.

Whitest of Snow - This comes third but I actually really liked it because of how different and interesting it was. It is only third because the other two were better, if that makes sense. Alchimia says the fragrance has ebony wood, holly berries and pure white snow, inspired by the titular Snow White herself, but when I first apply this it smells like wet leaves. A pile of leaves that have fallen from the tree, been rained on and then kicked around by a little kid - it's crazy, and I love it. Once it has a chance to warm up on my skin it is very pretty light floral but oh man. I live for those wet leaves.

Out of the Woods - This is actually the most wearable of the scents, barring Whitest once it dries down. It is woodsy and fragrant, but not overbearing - you don't have to worry about smelling like a tree. You just kind of smell like you're in a forest, kind of the point, I'd imagine. I love woods, so of course I love this one.

Feast Day - MY FAVORITE. I'd hoped I would love it, and it didn't disappoint. Please, just read the description from Alchimia's website:

Just... yes. Yes to everything. It smells exactly as described, down to the bacon and I die. I love this so much, I just want to put tons of it on and wear it to the most inappropriate places, like a business meeting or a funeral. It is so terribly wonderful, I can't. If you like gourmands, and don't mind bacon, get this.

The end.

Want Feast Day! I just ordered for the sale, but the next time around I will have to add that. Thanks for the review!

I'm looking for a little sympathy from people who understand. I did a stupid thing and left one of my HoG whipped soaps on the side of the tub. My toddler was in the bath while I was washing my face. I turned around to check on him and he'd gotten ahold of the soap, taken the top off, and was swishing the jar through the water. My poor Horseman whipped soap! I tried not to show him I was upset because it wasn't his fault, but couldn't he have played with the cheap body wash in the shower? Maybe the silver lining is that my son is showing the signs of developing excellent taste in grooming products. :lol:

• Like 1

I'm looking for a little sympathy from people who understand. I did a stupid thing and left one of my HoG whipped soaps on the side of the tub. My toddler was in the bath while I was washing my face. I turned around to check on him and he'd gotten ahold of the soap, taken the top off, and was swishing the jar through the water. My poor Horseman whipped soap! I tried not to show him I was upset because it wasn't his fault, but couldn't he have played with the cheap body wash in the shower? Maybe the silver lining is that my son is showing the signs of developing excellent taste in grooming products. :lol:

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that! As a mom of a toddler myself, I can totally understand. It's amazing what they can get into, and how quickly!

Want Feast Day! I just ordered for the sale, but the next time around I will have to add that. Thanks for the review!

I know I just said I was not to be buying anything else, but I bought a full-sized Feast Day. It is amazing. ♥

Oh no! I am so sorry! Never fear though, I think anyone with kids (or pets, even) can feel your pain! For me it wasn't HoG Whipped Soap but an LE MAC eyeshadow that got dug out and rubbed everywhere. :scared: It sucks but there will be others...

A very similar situation happened with my Ocean Salt body scrub from Lush... I was so sad and my daughter didn't understand why I was upset because as far as she was concerned, she smelled fabulous!

I got over it when she asked me if she smelled good... I couldn't deny how cute it was.

• Like 4

Pumpkin Fyre looks soooo good. I am waiting on my order that had that in it. I probably will save it for next fall at this point, though. My order hasn't even been touched yet, according to DG's most recent update, but it will soon-ish. 

Made another Shiro order tonight. I don't know why I do this to myself and order on Saturdays knowing tomorrow is Sunday and no one can mail anything. Plus, probably not working and hopefully enjoying the weekend.  Also, I'm pretty sure I'm ordering the Earth's Mightiest Heroes collection one by one, so only 7 more orders. ;)

Pretty sure I already bought Sweet Potato w/e from Alchimia but too lazy to double check so I went ahead and bought another one, just in case. Sigh...

• Like 3

The end.

Well shoot.  I ordered a Fairest Envy.  I have strange body chemistry though, maybe it will not be gross on me.

Well shoot.  I ordered a Fairest Envy.  I have strange body chemistry though, maybe it will not be gross on me.

I am sure it will smell fine! Ha ha, honest to heaven, I have weirdest body chemistry. When I was so excited about the wet leaves, he took one sniff and said I smelt like cinnamon. Yes. That's right. What I smelt as -WET, DIRTY, NATURAL DECOMPOSITION- he smelt as CINNAMON. :lol: :lol: :lol: He's bad with scent, but not that bad. LOL, I need a second sniffer to tell me if I am mad or not!

Edited by Shalott
  • Like 1

Sometimes it's not body chemistry.  I had a nasty migraine about fifteen years ago.  I was wearing a nutmeg-and-clove perfume oil, and I went to this awesome and weird imported foods store that smelled like spices, olives, and pickles.  My brain, like, re-wired that day, and ever since, it reads nutmeg as pickles.  Fortunately, it's just the scent, but it's still weird to grate nutmeg into a cream sauce, smell pickles, and then taste, well, *nutmeg*.

ETA:  In unrelated news, the Hello Waffle Visage items are up for individual sale!  I have to say that looking at the photos, I would normally pass these by because they are *not* my usual kinds of colors, and even looking at the photos, I am not inspired to use them, but since I did get them in my hands and have played with them in person, I absolutely adore them. 

Edited by meaganola
  • Like 1

Dear Acorns & Alchemy:

YOUR WEB DESIGN MUST DIE. 

Love,

Someone without the patience to click on EVERY SINGLE OIL in order to see all of the descriptions

• Like 6

I emailed HoG about my perfumes missing from my Yule order as soon as it arrived, and Matt said they would go out ASAP...well they still weren't here by Saturday (which was a week since I emailed) so I emailed again. And he said he "would be happy to make sure they go out tomorrow". It's been a week since I emailed! I am now hesitant to buy anything in restocks, I get you're busy but it's not cool to make me email twice in a week about basically half of one of my orders missing.

• Like 1

I have over $120 worth of HoG items I ordered on November 2nd that I still haven't gotten a shipping notice for. It's never been like this with them and that's the only reason I'm not freaking out.

My HoG is scheduled to be here tomorrow (it was in Vegas Friday so I don't knwo why they couldn't deliver it Saturday? Whatever) and y'all making me really scared there will be product missing.

@@ohsailor I know how you feel. I still just have a tracking number, no movement, from Debaucherous. I mean, it was the weekend, so we'll see tomorrow. However, whoever is in charge there had the nerve to ask I "contact them before leaving a review"... like, if you don't want bad reviews just be mostly decent, I suppose?

ETA: Oh, ha ha now the tracking number isn't even in USPS system! Wonderful! Hope I get a new one tomorrow.

Edited by Shalott
  • Like 1

I ordered from the HoG Yule launch too the day it was released. I got my order last week, but it was missing two perfume samples and they sent me a sample sized Hearth instead of the full sized I ordered. I emailed and they said they would send me the correct items, I just hope it doesn't take their current tat which I noticed has increased since I last ordered.... I love their stuff, but I feel like these errors are pretty easily avoidable and shouldnt be happening with so many orders!

Edited by CassieM

An update on my Victorian Disco saga, not because I want sympathy or whatnot but because I think people need to know there are still issues here.

So as I mentioned I FINALLY got a tracking number on 11/6.  As of 11/12, it had not moved beyond "shipping label created". I sent her a reddit PM on the 13th askingif she knew what happened, she responded on the 14th stating she was not sure but would check with the post office and update me.

To date, no response. What I find far more interesting is my tracking # has now gone from "label created" to "no record found". I know someone mentioned you could get a refund on shipping after you created a tracking number. I am extremely, extremely suspicious of how this went from label created to nothing.

I'm just asking for a refund at this point. I'm done waiting and listening to her BS. She's a nice girl, but MY GOD she has to be the single most ridiuclous business owner I've ever dealt with.

• Like 5

An update on my Victorian Disco saga, not because I want sympathy or whatnot but because I think people need to know there are still issues here.

So as I mentioned I FINALLY got a tracking number on 11/6.  As of 11/12, it had not moved beyond "shipping label created". I sent her a reddit PM on the 13th askingif she knew what happened, she responded on the 14th stating she was not sure but would check with the post office and update me.

To date, no response. What I find far more interesting is my tracking # has now gone from "label created" to "no record found". I know someone mentioned you could get a refund on shipping after you created a tracking number. I am extremely, extremely suspicious of how this went from label created to nothing.

I'm just asking for a refund at this point. I'm done waiting and listening to her BS. She's a nice girl, but MY GOD she has to be the single most ridiuclous business owner I've ever dealt with.

So ridiculous! I would give her a firm time that you expect your refund by (like 24 hours max) or will file a paypal claim.  Even if you are after the paypal window and all that, I think if enough people open claims on a business it locks their paypal accounts or something.  Once I told her I would file a claim, that was when my tracking magically updated, so I think it at least means something to her.  Either she got a refund or the PO cancelled the label because the package had not been shipped and they need to recycle numbers. So so so unprofessional and at this point SUPER rude!

• Like 5

No idea what's up with my Darling Girl order. The tracking hasn't updated since it left the origin in TX on 11/11 & the estimated delivery still shows last Friday. Transit from Texas to Wisconsin is usually like two days, max. 

Mail already came today but hopefully it comes tomorrow! 

Geez VD and her ongoing saga. Did you see what she posted on Facebook now?

It's taking everything in me to not comment on that. 

MUST. HOLD IN. SNARK. 

• Like 2