I got the test tubes as well. I know I got purples because I was thrilled @@Deareux is making vegan shadows. I'm allergic to carmine and it seems like every time I see a beautiful purple on an indie site, it almost always has carmine. Sometimes I just want to throw caution to the wind and wear them anyway, but itchy, puffy eyelids are not cute on anyone.

Since people were mentioning Lush, does anyone know of any indie company that makes salt shampoo? I've been using Big shampoo for about 5 years, but I'd love to find something else to try. I tried one from an etsy seller a few years ago, but it was too moisturizing for my hair. I can't even remember the company, just that it was in a blue tub. 

This company is supposed to be pretty good: https://www.etsy.com/listing/157500119/tahitian-vanilla-sea-salt-shampoo?ref=sr_gallery_1&ga_search_query=salt+shampoo&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

They have other scents too

• Like 1

In positive news, I placed an order with Dark Matter Makeup! The colors look gorgeous! Neptune in particular was calling my name.

• Like 3

Thank you so much. They have tea tree and mint, which is aces because I have dermatitis. Ordering the small container now to try it out. :)

• Like 1

I have to say it warms my cold, black, bitter heart to see a whole bunch of new posts and threads in this section just *waiting* to be read pretty much every time I turn around!  I was really afraid that there would be resistance to breaking things out (Memebox flashbacks).  Thanks and huge hugs to everyone whose response was basically IT'S ABOUT TIME BECAUSE THIS THREAD IS *WAY* TOO CONFUSING!

• Like 8

I have to say it warms my cold, black, bitter heart to see a whole bunch of new posts and threads in this section just *waiting* to be read pretty much every time I turn around!  I was really afraid that there would be resistance to breaking things out (Memebox flashbacks).  Thanks and huge hugs to everyone whose response was basically IT'S ABOUT TIME BECAUSE THIS THREAD IS *WAY* TOO CONFUSING!

I was really unsure about the breaking out of the threads but I find I like it.  It is neat to see what people own, what they are lemming after and hear about people's experiences.

I do feel like it is whack a mole though.  I sub to all the threads I want, then go back and 5 more have popped up!  I think on my dashboard, main page(whatever it is) most of the threads I follow are indie related!  (Or secret santa)

Thank you for setting it up!

Edited by lovepink
  • Like 2

My only hesitation is that now the chatter is spread out so sometimes I feel like I should check back less often so there's more to come back to!

• Like 1

@@meaganola is there a way to group indie reviews under their own header/group/category? I think if it is a functionality the site can support it would be neat.  I would be way more likely to write reviews for indies than main stream stuff.

If this already exists, please excuse me. I rarely look at reviews on here.

• Like 1

I was really unsure about the breaking out of the threads but I find I like it.  It is neat to see what people own, what they are lemming after and hear about people's experiences.

I do feel like it is whack a mole though.  I sub to all the threads I want, then go back and 5 more have popped up!  I think on my dashboard, main page(whatever it is) most of the threads I follow are indie related!  (Or secret santa)

Thank you for setting it up!

This is probably just due to the section being new and in need of building out.  We'll still be adding more threads as more companies pop up, but things will probably start tapering off in a few weeks after everyone gets their favorite companies/products/etc. added.  I'm seriously thinking of this month as move-in week at college when everyone is settling into the dorm, making Target runs for bookcases/fridges/etc., finding their favorite espresso bar/teahouse, making friends with their neighbors, figuring out whether they hate their roommates, etc.

@@meaganola is there a way to group indie reviews under their own header/group/category? I think if it is a functionality the site can support it would be neat.  I would be way more likely to write reviews for indies than main stream stuff.

If this already exists, please excuse me. I rarely look at reviews on here.

I have no idea.  That would most likely be something for @@Director to address!

Wasn't there some chatter a few months back about an Indie sub coming out in 2015?  My perception was that it would be a collaboration with several companies working together.  Any more news on this?

Wasn't there some chatter a few months back about an Indie sub coming out in 2015?  My perception was that it would be a collaboration with several companies working together.  Any more news on this?

Not that I've heard. 

There is movement on my DB package! Interesting how the package arrived at the sort facility the day after I filed my etsy case. I'll be happy to get my stuff and be done with this company.

This is probably just due to the section being new and in need of building out.  We'll still be adding more threads as more companies pop up, but things will probably start tapering off in a few weeks after everyone gets their favorite companies/products/etc. added.  I'm seriously thinking of this month as move-in week at college when everyone is settling into the dorm, making Target runs for bookcases/fridges/etc., finding their favorite espresso bar/teahouse, making friends with their neighbors, figuring out whether they hate their roommates, etc.

I have no idea.  That would most likely be something for @@Director to address!

@@meaganola

Hi Megan, Let's chat about this with @@kawaiimeows and @@zadidoll I'm sure there is something we can do to accomodate!  open a discussion in our staff forum.

• Like 1

Yeah, my biggest worry was that people will stop posting in this main board, and it feels like a little family in here and I don't want to lose it. 

In good news, I got a slot for VC!! 11 days after I added my name to the list! YAY!!! Anyone else?

• Like 6

Yeah, my biggest worry was that people will stop posting in this main board, and it feels like a little family in here and I don't want to lose it. 

In good news, I got a slot for VC!! 11 days after I added my name to the list! YAY!!! Anyone else?

I got one too! I am so very excited! I seriously have fallen in love with all of Notoriously Morbid.

• Like 1

Fifteen minutes, gang! Get ready to sign up or check out the theme, whichever applies in your particular situation!

• Like 1

A small housekeeping note that I don't think actually makes any real difference to the indie section *at all*, but I did want to point it out since I did make this change:  All sub threads are now spoiler threads, per the thread titles.  It's easier to be consistent and either do all or none, and since most sub threads throughout the rest of the forum are spoiler threads, I've carried that over here.  This means that spoiler tags are *not* necessary.  If you're making an image-intensive post, it would be nice to have spoilers in there just in terms of scrolling past quoted posts, but it is not mandatory. 

(This post was *totally* just FYI, just in case anyone noticed and wondering what was going on.  There you go.)

ETA:  Forgot a REALLY IMPORTANT thing!  We now have a dedicated indie section in the Review area!

http://www.makeuptalk.com/f/page/reviews/post/indie/

It's currently empty, but that just means it's ready for everyone to have fun writing reviews!  If you want to review a brand that isn't already set up, there's an option to request that it be added.

Edited by meaganola
  • Like 4

A small housekeeping note that I don't think actually makes any real difference to the indie section *at all*, but I did want to point it out since I did make this change: All sub threads are now spoiler threads, per the thread titles. It's easier to be consistent and either do all or none, and since most sub threads throughout the rest of the forum are spoiler threads, I've carried that over here. This means that spoiler tags are *not* necessary. If you're making an image-intensive post, it would be nice to have spoilers in there just in terms of scrolling past quoted posts, but it is not mandatory.

(This post was *totally* just FYI, just in case anyone noticed and wondering what was going on. There you go.)

ETA: Forgot a REALLY IMPORTANT thing! We now have a dedicated indie section in the Review area!

http://www.makeuptalk.com/f/page/reviews/post/indie/

It's currently empty, but that just means it's ready for everyone to have fun writing reviews! If you want to review a brand that isn't already set up, there's an option to request that it be added.

I take it someone was being silly when they spelled purfume and hare? lol

I take it someone was being silly when they spelled purfume and hare? lol

I had nothing to do with it, but, hey, Rabbit Hole, March Hare -- there is actually a bit of a theme there!

• Like 1

@@Kelly Silva  It's my understanding that there is some reorganization/restructuring going on, and that part of things isn't quite done, but it's coming.

@@Kelly Silva  It's my understanding that there is some reorganization/restructuring going on, and that part of things isn't quite done, but it's coming.

Yup, pretty sure Director said the navigation bar is a work in progress. It'll probably just be done once all the new subforums and such have been added.