L'Oreal Test Panel FAQs

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tacehtpuekam

Malicious Meanie Pants
Reaction score
So, you just joined the L'Oreal Consumer Testing Panel! You probably have many, many questions and we definitely want to help you out, but please make sure you check out our FAQs for an answer before asking in the discussion thread.  

Q. I just signed up. When will I receive my login information for the site?

It can take up to 48 hours. If you sign up on a weekend, please keep in mind that it may take longer as login requests are only processed during L'Oreal's business hours. If you don't receive login information you should contact them through their e-mail [email protected]

There have been instances where L'oreals consumer panel isn't accepting applicants. You can always try to sign up again within a month or so.

Q. How long does it take to start seeing surveys after I sign up?

When you first long in, you should have several 'Initial Enrollment Mapping Surveys.'  These surveys are to obtain your product usage information. After the initial surveys, there is really no way of knowing when you'll see another one! You could have surveys to take right away or you might not get one for months. 

Q. Does L'Oreal send e-mails letting me know when there's a new survey up?

Generally, no. Once in a great while they will send an e-mail to let you know there is a survey posted but your best bet is to log in once a day & check for yourself. Also, many of our members will post on this thread to let others know if they've had a new survey, so check here daily as well.

Q. I got an e-mail saying I had a new survey to complete but when I log into the site, there's nothing there. Why?

The study has already met its quota & they are no longer looking for participants. This is an example of why it's important to log in regularly & not rely solely on emails from L'Oreal. 

Q. What is a Study Screener/Survey?

This type of survey is used to qualify you for a scheduled study.

Q. What does 'DQ' mean?

Disqualified. 

Q. I'm in a study that starts today, but the session just disappeared from my schedule! What do I do?

The session on your schedule is simply a place holder. Generally it will have the name/number of your study & show a time of 8:00-8:30 or something similar. There is nothing you actually need to do at 8:00 and the session will disappear from your schedule once the study begins. This is normal, don't panic! 

Q. I qualified for a home study & received my test products today. Now what?

The package you received with your test products should also contain an information sheet. This sheet will tell you the dates of the study, specific instructions regarding product wear, and information on any surveys you need to complete during/after the testing process. It is extremely important that you follow the directions exactly. It is also important to note that the information sheet has survey numbers and product numbers on it that may be required for your final survey, please do not discard this paperwork.

Q. My home study starts tomorrow and I still don't have my test products! What do I do?

Contact L'Oreal via phone at 1-888-866-4953 or e-mail [email protected]. If you e-mail, make sure you include the study number in the subject of your e-mail and include your ID number in the message. 

Q. What is an informational survey? Will I get compensated for completing these?

These surveys are sent to obtain information regarding your product usage, cosmetic/hair/skin habits, product likes/dislikes etc. You will receive compensation once you complete five of these informational surveys. There is no place on the website to keep track of these, but I would recommend keeping track for yourself! 

Q. What is a pre-qualification survey?

These surveys are used to obtain information to pre-qualify you for a possible future study. These studies do not always end up actually happening. 

Q. What does 'If and When' mean?

'If and When' means someone made it through a pre-qualification survey. If and when the study happens, they've qualified. 

Q. When will I receive my compensation?

It varies. If you're doing a home study, it should state the timeline for compensation on the information sheet that came with your test products. If it's an informational study with compensation, there should be a page that tells you when to expect compensation after you complete the survey. 

Q. Other members mention that they received a tracking number for their compensation, where's mine?

L'oreal typically uses UPS to deliver their study products and compensation packages so many of our members have signed up for a UPS My Choice account so they receive notification of their compensation shipment. You can sign up here: http://www.ups.com/mychoice/

In other instances, you may not receive tracking or notification whatsoever, keep an eye on your mailbox!

Q. What kind of compensation will I receive for this study?

It varies.  The compensation is determined by the duration of the study and the number of products being tested. 

Q. I just finished a study. How long do I have to wait before I can qualify for another one?

Generally four weeks. However, you may still see informational surveys and pre-qualification surveys. 

Other reminders in regards to the L'Oreal Consumer Testing Panel:

• Please do NOT post specific survey in the discussion thread such as: what type of product the study is for, the answers you chose to qualify or not qualify, or any other information that may help someone 'cheat' the survey. Keep in mind that L'oreal is looking for a certain demographic when testing their products, "cheating" in any way can skew the results.
  • Do not talk about studies while they are happening and please wait 24 hours after study/surveys end to discuss any details to ensure that other members have the chance to complete all final study components.
  • It is a violation of L'Oreal's Terms of Service to publicly trade or to sell compensation products. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back