Eyeliners for the tightline?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have recently been loving adding black or dark brown eyeliner to my tight line (Upper waterline), to make my eyelashes stand out. While I love to do this, it always smudges onto the lower waterline and under neath my eyes. My friends always have to tell me to touch up my eyeliner and I constantly have to check on it. If there were any eyeliners both from the drugstore and high-end range that will not transfer unto my lower waterline and underneath that you know of that would be great! Thank you  ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I have the regular Maybeline one that has a smudger on the end. (which I don't use, it removes the eyeliner!) I find that it works well for tightlining. Sometimes it will transfer right after I put it on but I just wipe where it transferred with a tissue. Maybe try a waterproof one?

I have the regular Maybeline one that has a smudger on the end. (which I don't use, it removes the eyeliner!) I find that it works well for tightlining. Sometimes it will transfer right after I put it on but I just wipe where it transferred with a tissue. Maybe try a waterproof one?

I've been using the Kat Von D tattoo liner from Sephora for tightlining. It dries very quickly and doesn't smear. I line my upper lashes from the top and bottom and haven't had any problems.
I will have to try these, thanks ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

There's also that it cosmetics mascara called tight line. Supposed to give look of liner with mascara. I've never tried but curious if anyone else has..

I really just don't understand tightlining. I know what it is.. I don't see it making a difference at all, but I guess that's just me. I don't see it as necessary.

When I test liners out at Sephora, I'll draw a line on my hand and do this with several. Keep track of which one is which! Then I'll rub it as hard as I can and see which smudges and which stay in place. Lol, that's just my own way of testing them. Maybe you should put the liner on your hand/ wrist and dab some water onto it and see if it moves? Idk. Just being creative!

I imagine it depends on your eyelid shape, but tightlining makes a big difference for me. I'm currently using a Stila Smudge Stick, which goes on beautifully, but it does tend to smudge a tad on my lower waterline (which I usually line in nude). I have a Butter London one that doesn't smudge, but it doesn't go on as easily either. Still looking for the perfect combo!

I imagine it depends on your eyelid shape, but tightlining makes a big difference for me. I'm currently using a Stila Smudge Stick, which goes on beautifully, but it does tend to smudge a tad on my lower waterline (which I usually line in nude). I have a Butter London one that doesn't smudge, but it doesn't go on as easily either. Still looking for the perfect combo!
Which one do you use for the waterline? I was thinking that a nude would look good, I just can't find one that fits my skin.

I use Rimmel...Scandaleyes? It's a skinny pencil that's like 4 bucks (yay!). I wouldn't mind if it were a tad less peachy, but it's surprisingly hard to find nude liners, and for the price, I'll take it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

Back