Make Up Geek or Sigma?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need some honest opinions. I am on the hunt for the best brushes between these two brands which are Sigma or Make Up Geek? Please if any one can help that would be awesome.

I'm sorry as I have not heard of either. I love the brushes from it cosmetics. I have also read to buy craft/paint brushes for makeup.

Havent tried any brushes from MUG, so I'm no help there, but I love their eyeshadows. IMO, Sigma brushes are great, but overpriced. I have a few from sigma and a few that look IDENTICAL but are no-brand cheapies from Asia that I got off e-bay. The difference between the 2 are negligable at best, non-existent at worst. I have NOT tried any generic eye brushes though so I can't comment on that, just foundation/face brushes for the generic version, and they are the same.

If you just look up sigma dupes on ebay a ton will come up. I've had zero issues with mine, if you're super interested in pursuing the generics, I can try and track down the seller info for the ones I got (note: not me! no self promo here!)

Maybe someone else can chime in on the eye versions! 

honestly, if you're looking for the BEST brushes for a decent price? I would go with hakuhodo. Their J line for eye brushes and such (and even face brushes) is comparable in price for sigma, and so much better quality than even mac brushes. I know there were talks that hakuhodo made mac's brushes, though that is unconfirmed, but they can't be beat for the quality.... They're a japanese brand but I do know they have a location in CA, so your brushes should ship relatively quickly. 

I agree with @@BSquared that sigma are good but way overpriced for what they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'd be inclined to agree with @jaylilee. I have a couple of blending brushes from Hakuhodo that I love, and they were not that pricey. With shipping included they ended up costing about the same as the MAC 217, but I like them much better!

I have MAC and MUG brushes and I love them. I love MUG brushes it's really comparable to higher end brands because of the price (no brainer) and also the bristles are really soft, and it does a very good job  and sturdy. I don't have any Sigma brushes only because it's too pricey i guess i'd rather grab a new palette, lipstick or something makeup rather than to invest to Sigma brushes. it's on my wish list.

Some of my other brushes Real Techniques and Ecco Tools

I own a few Sigma brushes and honestly I hardly use them. I usually, grab my Sedona Lace or Real Techniques. I would check out a few reviews on MUG because their prices are more reasonable and I've always heard good things about their products. 

I LOVE my sigma brushes! Definetly worth every penny.. Fav brushes; e40, f40, e65, f35 tapered highlighter(if i recall correctlyxD), f80, f84 and i also love the pencil brush and eyeliner brush :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I thought MUG's brushes were made by Crown Brush. I know it's private label but not entirely sure whom her vendor is. Honestly, between the two as much as I like my Sigma brushes I wouldn't trade my Bdellium brushes for Sigma or MUG.

I need some honest opinions. I am on the hunt for the best brushes between these two brands which are Sigma or Make Up Geek? Please if any one can help that would be awesome.
I collect some Sigma brushes, they are nice but really pricey for me, can't afford a whole set. But I also love my Ovonni brushes, they said it comes from the same supplier of Sigma,though it's not confirmed,the quality of these brushes are as good as Sigma! And it's amazing cheap on Amazon.Think about it, and the Ovonni 29pcs set with black case is the primary recommendation.

Back