Beauty Haul!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

Hello all you lovely people! I hope you are well and that your June is coming to a good close. If you know where the month of June went, please let me know… It’s flown by so quickly! Anyways, I’m with you here for a haul today (I was feeling spendy once again and was properly channeling my inner Amelia Liana). I am realizing that this haul consists of a lot of pink and rose-tinted items… This was not intentional! Prepare yourselves my fellow beauty lovers. Enjoy!

Maybelline’s Color Whisper ($7.49) & Revlon’s Color Burst Lip Butter ($8.49) – These drugstore lippies were all EssieButton’s fault (if you don’t know her, you should <- click here). I went into the drugstore looking to purchase one of Revlon’s Lip Butter’s that Estee consistently raves about (back right), when Maybelline’s Color Whisper products began to call my name – luring me into their clutches. Not too many people talk about Maybelline’s Color Whisper products and it boggles me! I have the shades Pink Possibilities (front and center) and Pin Up Peach (back left). Pin Up Peach is a repurchase for me because I may have possibly left it in the back of my boyfriend’s car… In England… 5000 miles away… I am a hero. Anyways! I really love the color and the formula of the Color Whisper’s, so much so that I not only repurchased my Pin Up Peach, I also invested in another color. Then, as was my original mission, I picked up Juicy Papaya from Revlon’s Lip Butter collection (back right).

Yes To Grapefruit Facial Scrub ($9.99) – Thanks to Elysha Lenkin I’ve recently realized that I do not have an exfoliant included in my skin care routine AND that this silly overlooking may be the root of my late skin care problems! Ya know, for someone who blogs about all things beauty all the time you would think I wouldn’t forget how important exfoliation is – and yet, here we are (hero, remember?). Anyways, I watched an empties video a while back by MakeupByTiffanyD in which she RAVED about this product. In light of my recent epiphany, I’m going to give it a go! Nourish Organic’s Ultra-Hydrating Face Cream ($22.99) – I recently posted about my need for a new moisturizer and you guys were so helpful and wonderful in giving me amazing recommendations! I thank you guys so much for that – I love, love, LOVE reading your comments and appreciate you guys so dearly. I did go with DFuentes’s recommendation, from the blog D’s Positive Project, and purchased Nourish Organic’s Ultra-Hydrating Face Cream. I’m super excited to try this out and I will let you lovelies know how it goes! Pure Life Soap Co.’s Rosemary Conditioner ($9.73) – I always see this in my local health foods store and have always been tempted to buy it. So after finishing up my not-so-overwhelming Shea Moisture’s Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner, I jumped the gun and took this baby home with me. Super excited to see how this works out! Too Faced’s Primed & Poreless Pressed Powder ($30) - I needed to replace my old setting powder badly and here we are with this purchase – influenced by heyclaire (and not because we have the same name – that’s a lie, it’s totally because we have the same name). I like it so far, but will be coming to you with a much more in depth review soon. Heritage Products Rosewater ($6.52) - This is a repurchase. I like this as a more natural, better-for-you, and better-smelling version of Caudalie’s Beauty Elixir. I like spritzing this everywhere for no reason at all – it’s just lovely. Sebastian’s Shaper Zero Gravity Hairspray ($16.95) - And lastly, I recently ran out of my Sebastian dynamic hairspray and when running to the store to purchase some more, all they had were this number and some other oddballs. So, I went with this guy and hopefully he turns out to be a keeper!

That is it for my recent beauty purchases! What have you bought recently? Have you tried any of these products? I would love to hear your thoughts on them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I want the Revlon Lip Butters! I just bought 2 MAC lipsticks, a MAC lip liner, Laura Mercier pressed powder and Michael Kors sunglasses. Now I'm broke!!!!! Lol

Primed & Poreless is my favorite setting powder of all time! I have both the loose and the pressed powders, but I have to say, I prefer the loose. The pressed tends to get a bit too powdery, which seems odd. You'd think it would be the other way around. :blink: Great haul!

Stephanie, LOL I feel your pain. Feeding one's makeup lust is certainly expensive! Which MAC lipsticks did you get? I have Lady Danger and I love it so much! Also, how is the Laura Mercier pressed powder, I have seen it in store but have never really heard that much about it!

Now I want the Revlon Lip Butters! I just bought 2 MAC lipsticks, a MAC lip liner, Laura Mercier pressed powder and Michael Kors sunglasses. Now I'm broke!!!!! Lol

Primed & Poreless is my favorite setting powder of all time! I have both the loose and the pressed powders, but I have to say, I prefer the loose. The pressed tends to get a bit too powdery, which seems odd. You'd think it would be the other way around. :blink: Great haul!
Interesting that you say that! I like pressed powder simply because (1) they are easier to travel with and (2) I am ridiculously clumsy - lol. I agree with you that it can look a little powdery, but I use rosewater as a setting spray afterwards and it tends to get rid of that. 

Interesting that you say that! I like pressed powder simply because (1) they are easier to travel with and (2) I am ridiculously clumsy - lol. I agree with you that it can look a little powdery, but I use rosewater as a setting spray afterwards and it tends to get rid of that. 
I do the same, when I use the pressed. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> That stuff really works though! I have somewhat noticeable pores on my forehead and around my nose, and the Primed & Poreless is enough to smooth them out and fill them it - it's my little miracle!

Latest posts

Back