HG products?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am certain there must be this topic floating around but I searched and couldn't find it. I think it's really interesting to know what products you all use as your Holy grail products.

The only ones I have are:

-bare minerals in medium for my foundation. Such great overage.

- Laura gellar brow sculpting marker in auburn. (It works so well for me that I never mess with any other brow products.)

- cover girl smoochies balms. I have dozens. For real.

Tell me yours!

Oh, yea! I have a few.

- Kanebo total finish powder - natural beige or almond beige (depending on season) - Used this powderfoundation for nearly 10 years now. Its the one I always go back to. It gives a matt finish and medium-full coverage depending on how you apply it. It stays on all day long and even in the sun it stays pretty well.

- Loreal Telescopic (the black one) - Best mascara ever. Gives me false lash looking eyelashes. Never clumps on me and is so easy to build up to the volume and length you want!!

- Etude House baby choux base in mint - A green base with SPF. It conteracts my red cheeks and makes my foundatioen stay on longer. So cheap and so effective. Have 5 backups of this LOL.

- NYX HD Concealer - My favorite concealer. I use it to highlight under my eyes and forehead (sometimes other places too, just depending on how muh time I got). So cheap and yet the best I've tried!

- TheBalm Frat Boy Blush - My favorite blush. It just gives the most natural flush ever and has a slightly cool tone to it which suis me so well. 

- Lioele Beyond The Solution - The best BB cream I've ever tried (and i've tried 20-30 ones). Gives a natural healthy glow and has a medium coverage or lighter depending on how I apply. Stays put for an entire work-day. It sadly has no SPF but I always use SPF underneath and my base has spf too so. Use this when I'm after a more natural look in the summer, and Kanebo is my winter foundation.

Thats the ones I consider HG and will always repurchase!

MUFE face and body foundation

Nyx butter glosses

Benefit porefessional

That's all I have for now!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've looked for a thread like this, too!

I try out new stuff like crazy, but my go-to products are:

Fresh Sugar balm. Yeah, I know people hate on it, but I've tried plenty of alternatives and keep coming back!

Lioele Auto Brow pencil in gray black--perfectly colored for my brows, and the hard-ish pencil is well-suited to my preferences for a softly defined brow

IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores powder--translucent loose powder that blurs nicely but isn't dead matte/chalky

Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee--I just love the completely natural finish of this--it really is like watercolor, the way it takes on the texture of your skin instead of sitting on top of it.

- Kryolan Ultra-foundation

- Smashbox Photo Finish primer

- Eve Pearl Salmon concealers

I've looked for a thread like this, too!

I try out new stuff like crazy, but my go-to products are:

Fresh Sugar balm. Yeah, I know people hate on it, but I've tried plenty of alternatives and keep coming back!

Lioele Auto Brow pencil in gray black--perfectly colored for my brows, and the hard-ish pencil is well-suited to my preferences for a softly defined brow

IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores powder--translucent loose powder that blurs nicely but isn't dead matte/chalky

Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee--I just love the completely natural finish of this--it really is like watercolor, the way it takes on the texture of your skin instead of sitting on top of it.
I have the IT cosmetics bye bye pores too. (I have super pore issues) Do you put it on last or put brozer or blush on top? I find it makes me look a little pale if I use it last.

I'm still looking for my hg mascara. Perricone just came out with something and red apple lipstick is introducing the lash project later this month so fingers crossed.

I love the josie maran coconut water gelee blush too!

Mally has these airbrush eyeshadows that are gorgeous! I have a set of 3 that I got and I love it! The bad news is she doesn't make these specific colors anymore but she still has 4 colors that are airbrush.

As for lips, I never wore anything on my lips regularly until red apple lipstick. I had several lipglosses but they would wear off so quickly and my lips were too skinny/lined/chapped to wear lipstick nicely. Enter red apple lipstick. I found them looking for gluten free lipstick while trying to get pregnant. They have this amazing lip balm that healed my lips in a few days. Combined with their lip exfoliate (I use daily), my lips have been transformed...they are soft, supple, and very pink! So now I own like 20 of their lip products and wear lipstick all the time...even around the house.

In terms of skin care, I have tried everything and always go back to perricone. It's expensive but a little goes a long way. I'm going to be 40 and my skin looks in early 30's. I love the stuff!

Haircare, I love wen! It kept my color looking great while pregnant since I did not dye it during that time. Even now, I only have to color my hair every 3 months b/c it keeps my color so well. My hair is so soft using it. They have gluten free versions too.

@3babydolls--I use it last if I'm wearing cream or gel blush, but I am deathly pale so don't have to worry about it looking pasty. I have put powder blush on top of it, but I keep it to the edges and high on my cheekbones so I don't mess up the powder where my pores are the worst (center of my face).

I'm still looking for my hg mascara. Perricone just came out with something and red apple lipstick is introducing the lash project later this month so fingers crossed.

I love the josie maran coconut water gelee blush too!

Mally has these airbrush eyeshadows that are gorgeous! I have a set of 3 that I got and I love it! The bad news is she doesn't make these specific colors anymore but she still has 4 colors that are airbrush.

As for lips, I never wore anything on my lips regularly until red apple lipstick. I had several lipglosses but they would wear off so quickly and my lips were too skinny/lined/chapped to wear lipstick nicely. Enter red apple lipstick. I found them looking for gluten free lipstick while trying to get pregnant. They have this amazing lip balm that healed my lips in a few days. Combined with their lip exfoliate (I use daily), my lips have been transformed...they are soft, supple, and very pink! So now I own like 20 of their lip products and wear lipstick all the time...even around the house.

In terms of skin care, I have tried everything and always go back to perricone. It's expensive but a little goes a long way. I'm going to be 40 and my skin looks in early 30's. I love the stuff!

Haircare, I love wen! It kept my color looking great while pregnant since I did not dye it during that time. Even now, I only have to color my hair every 3 months b/c it keeps my color so well. My hair is so soft using it. They have gluten free versions too.
Which Perricone products are you using?

The perricone products I use are: nutritive cleanser (alternate with philosophy purity)

Morning: ovm, facial firming cream, photoplamsa

Evening: blue plasma, vitamin c tube, neuropeptide firming moisturizer alternate with face finish moisturizer

Cold plasma is an excellent product but the smell made me so sick while I was pregnant that I still can't use it without gagging.

My HG''s are:

MAC Blot Powder (I love this stuff. It's the perfect setting powder. I've repurchased it 3 times which says a lot for me.)

Hourglass Ambient powder in Luminous Flush (absolute perfection)

Hourglass Ambient powders in Dim Light (as a finishing powder) and Luminous Light (as a highlighter)

UD Naked Basics palette (this is the only palette I've hit pan on in about 15 years)

The perricone products I use are: nutritive cleanser (alternate with philosophy purity)

Morning: ovm, facial firming cream, photoplamsa

Evening: blue plasma, vitamin c tube, neuropeptide firming moisturizer alternate with face finish moisturizer

Cold plasma is an excellent product but the smell made me so sick while I was pregnant that I still can't use it without gagging.
I've been hearing such great things about Perricone. I may need to try some of these!

1. Too Faced Primed & Poreless Powder (loose and pressed) - I use both versions for different things, but these are my HG setting powders.

2. NARS Cream Blush in Lokoum - Discontinued, which hurts. Really hurts. This is the most perfect natural blush for me, and blends well both under and over powder.

3. Boscia Tsubaki Cleansing Oil-Gel - removes every hint of makeup, doesn't burn my eyes and smells amazing. Plus it's not too moisturizing, but not too drying either which works wonders for my combo skin.

4. Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist - Love this, can't be without it.

- Loreal Telescopic (the black one) - Best mascara ever. Gives me false lash looking eyelashes. Never clumps on me and is so easy to build up to the volume and length you want!!
THIS^^^^ She means the carbon black one. It is AMAZING. I've tried a million drugstore to high end mascara looking for the magical one.. this is it! It gives me amazing lashes that are so long, I don't even have to curl them, ever. I got complimented on them once *o*

I am also going crazy for the NYX cream round lipsticks. They are so pigmented and creamy and I can't live without these.

BareMinerals cream concealer has my PERFECT color that makes everything invisible. It covers my dark circles and red nose very well!

I don't have very many HG products, because even when I find something I like, I still try to find something better.  Haha.  But here are the ones I do have:

- NARS eyeshadow primer.  I have super oily eyelids and NOTHING else works.  Nothing.

- Hourglass blush in Mood Exposure.  The perfect neutral blush for me.  It has such a gorgeous finish, and it goes with pretty much anything.

- Stila Kitten eyeshadow.  My favorite eyeshadow of ALL TIME.  SO PRETTY.

- If I could make Le Volume de Chanel and Too Faced Better Than Sex get together and have a baby, it would be my holy grail mascara.  On their own, they're both fantastic, but not perfect.

I have used many of the same products for years, but don't consider many of them HG, rather "I haven't found anything better."

The HG products I do have are Clinique SuperBalanced foundation and Cetaphil face wash and moisturizer.

1.Black Honey Almost Lipstick by Clinique ( I can't remember how many I've purchased since 1981...it was actually a pot gloss way back when love this madly)

2.Paul & Joe lipstick in "Retro" (my favorite pink)

3.L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara ( original version)

4. MAC StudioFix Powder+Foundation in NC15 (I apply lightly with a Kabuki brush)

5. Paula's Choice Hair and Body shampoo (like it says it is a shampoo that you also use as a body wash, fragrance free and no color added)

6. Cetaphil Cleanser ( my go-to face wash)

7.Secret Clinical Strength Antiperspirant Unscented

Had to add numbers 5 and7 because stank ain't purty

mine would be nivea soft rose lipbalm? love this.   :wub:

I just hate how I look dead with it on. lol. :unsure:  so I sometimes put on tony moly lip tint. -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :sdrop:

Latest posts

Back