Lolo22

Julep August 2014

What does everyone want to see?  I still want neons but I think that ship has sailed.  Really hoping they have some new and different colors coming and at least one box with a glitter in it.

As always, sparkly stuff. Not necessarily glitters, though. Metallics and foils = love!

• Like 1

Still hoping for a continuation of the California Coast collection! More cool textures, finishes and coordinating shades. Considering their recent survey asking about lipstick, I am wondering if we will see some in August for the beauty product...

I just received an idea lab (or whatever it's called) survey asking about polish. I went all-caps: I HATE CREAMS. More sparkly blues/greens/silvers = they get more of my money.

• Like 2

I just received an idea lab (or whatever it's called) survey asking about polish. I went all-caps: I HATE CREAMS. More sparkly blues/greens/silvers = they get more of my money.

I didn't get a survey but I'm glad they are asking what we want.  I really wish they would get a lot more creative with the new colors & collections.  Shimmers, holos, textures, thermals, solars, shaped glitter, etc.. it's not that hard, so where are they?  And why do they ignore the latest trends?  1 new glitter a month is not enough for me.

I always worry about August because most subs look at back to school as 'back to basics' and do classics/favorites.  I hope they don't do that.  At least you know there will be sparkly green for August - peridot! 

• Like 1

I don't even know what I would like Julep to release this month...I guess still just new and different colors/formulas? I am sick of Julep releasing the same colors over and over again, even though it does save me money since I usually skip most months. 

• Like 1

I would love it if they'd take the California Coast idea and do a California Desert collection: Neutrals, reds, blues, corals with LOTS of duo-chrome, micro glitter, and metallic action. I would love a glitter or silk version of Harriet.

• Like 2

I would love it if they'd take the California Coast idea and do a California Desert collection: Neutrals, reds, blues, corals with LOTS of duo-chrome, micro glitter, and metallic action. I would love a glitter or silk version of Harriet.

oh this is SUCH A GREAT IDEA  - I'd be all over that 

:smilehappyyes:

I would love to see Julep get more creative with their themes and if they have a color that was previously released but it fits the theme it should be available as an add on.  SO if they did the California Desert idea they could have Cynthia as an option.  

Hoping for something inspiring this month.  

• Like 1

That would be great!

This is a brilliant idea!!

I joined up  and got 4 polishes for shipping. You know, looking at how they are doing the colors now, there's no way to tell without looking which shade goes with which profile.. It used to be really easy to tell..

Hoping I don't get black, red or pale pink polish in the " Bombshell" category they put me in.

Guess I can take that survey now too. :)

I voted for duochromes!! Love a good duochrome polish or eyeshadow.

I don't even know what I would like Julep to release this month...I guess still just new and different colors/formulas? I am sick of Julep releasing the same colors over and over again, even though it does save me money since I usually skip most months. 

Exactly how I felt for July, too many dupes I skipped. I still need to get Tamara when it goes back in stock as a gift for bf's mother. It's a little late for her birthday gift as that was last week, but definitely Christmas. I think my Christmas gifts for all the women in my life is going to be their namesake polishes, with the Zoya sale they did, I got all my friends namesake polishes. What great gifts!

For August, I voted in the poll and I hope they learn that cremes are just not everyone's thing. If they absolutely have to do cremes, do like half a collection, not all of them every month. It might be fun if they did a few months where there was a different texture for almost every color. For instance, a creme, a glitter, a jelly, a chunky glitter, a shimmer, a stardust, a metallic, a satin, etc. I'd totally be down for that.

• Like 3

I always worry about August because most subs look at back to school as 'back to basics' and do classics/favorites.  I hope they don't do that.

I was just thinking, what if they did a re-release collection of favorite colors that are retired? Megan, Harper, Esmerelda, Portia, O Canada, Fireworks, etc. I would love to get a chance to get these awesome colors in the new formulas they are using now, 5-free and all.

• Like 3

It seems to me that as the customized boxes become the "norm", there's no reason Julep couldn't put some really trendy polishes -- in terms of color and finish -- in each collection, along with a selection of classic colors and finishes.  Without having to consider the need to "balance" each box, they should be able to go a little more out there with three or four of the polishes, while keeping a few that are more traditional.  It might take them a while to get the balance (and quantity) right, but if they look at the individual polishes each month, rather than the pairs, maybe we could get some of the "on trend" items we expect.

• Like 2

I love a good opaque cream, but Julep has a lot of those already. I wish they'd make more matte-ish holos like Evangeline, or weird glitters like Max (how do you describe that kind of glitter?) 

• Like 1

I love a good opaque cream, but Julep has a lot of those already. I wish they'd make more matte-ish holos like Evangeline, or weird glitters like Max (how do you describe that kind of glitter?) 

Yes! This is what I want so bad!  Like 1 or 2 a month at least.  I realize that maybe that isn't what they are going for but I sure would love it.  I look at all the "weird glitters" Sephora X has and wish Julep would come out with similar collections to theirs.

I love creams, but I'm running out of shades I don't have so that's where I get stuck with all the creams.

• Like 1

If they wanted to hook a niche customer base that would keep coming back month after month, they should do three way-the-hell-out-there shades every month and send that out as the It Girl box. Mustard holo, puce satin, and pea soup duochrome? Gimme. Safe colors? No.

• Like 5

Yep, Julep is starting to get boring with the colors. I'm waiting for some exciting colors to cash my points, but no... 

• Like 2

I'm so bored I just ordered a mystery box.

Meh.

I totally LOL'd at that.  Yeah, it's definitely late Friday summer afternoon quiet around here (where I work, not "here" MUT).

Edited by jennm149
  • Like 1

I'm back to Julep after a very long absence, and I had a coupon code for a free polish. I looked at all the available polishes for the longest time, and all I could think was " I have that already".

So, I bought a Truth and Dare box too. OMG, I can't resist surprise boxes. :)

• Like 2