Concealers :(

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Oh man have I tried so many concealers, I can't count them all! 

First I should probably say I have super dark under eye circles (hereditary). They are purple under-toned, I have fair-light skin, and nothing seems to cover them up! I have used a dozen drugstore concealers, and some high-end ones too. These are the ones I have tried-

Benefit Erase Paste

Bobbi Brown Concealer Duo (Powder and concealer)

Bare Minerals Stroke of Light

Eve Pearl Salmon Concealer Duo

YSL Highlighter thing, I know this is not a concealer, but more of a highlighter

Maybelline Age Rewinds (In fair and brightening)

I know there are tons I forget to mention, but could not think of them on the top of my head. 

What I am using right now for my under eyes:

Benefit Stay Don't Stray Primer (Use this to help with darkness and to make last longer)

Eve Pearl Salmon Concealer Duo (Helps counter-act purple)

Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer (In the shade brightening, used to brighten :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Foxy (Is in the Naked Basics, yellow under-toned, used to set concealers in place)

If any of you have any suggestions, please feel free to ask! I am so desperate to try and get these dark-circles away!!  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It cosmetics bye bye undereye concealer is pretty good. It's very thick so I put a little amount and warm it up to spread. Think qvc sells it with the brush included which is a must to help blend. Plus they have a great return policy. I read on this forum in a makeup tip section that this person puts black eyeliner on their hand for shopping for a foundation, concealer, etc. then they use the tester on their hand to see how well the coverage is over the black eyeliner. That might be helpful when you're shopping.

I'm using Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. It's not perfect, but it's probably best I found so far. The only problem with it is that it's dry and sets very fast. So I usually wear moisturizer underneath, and apply it in small sections.

I've never found any one product to totally cover mine either, but usually I'm okay with it. The only way I've managed to make them completely invisible is by putting a layer of white primer (like the NYX stuff in the pot) to blank them out, and then covering that with concealer. That seems to do the trick, but it's kind of a hassle - only two steps, not four, though!

I've never found any one product to totally cover mine either, but usually I'm okay with it. The only way I've managed to make them completely invisible is by putting a layer of white primer (like the NYX stuff in the pot) to blank them out, and then covering that with concealer. That seems to do the trick, but it's kind of a hassle - only two steps, not four, though!
I will have to try that out!

The closest I've come to covering mine is using an orange tinted lip balm underneath Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle corrector. It sounds crazy but it cancels them out, and when I pat on the corrector it does a pretty good job.

The white base idea sounds like it would work even better though. I may even have to try it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really pale, so I'm not sure if it would work for everyone, but it also helped prevent creasing and stuff a bit. But it feels kind of thick, so I rarely do it.

I have very very fair skin. I've been using the benefit erase paste under my eyes. I thought it was junk at first, but I wasn't using it right! I only put that under my eyes and use a finger to pat it in place. You only need a little and use a primer first!! Then I put my foundation over my entire face. I then use a lighter concealer under my eyes and to brighten the rest of my face (generally the maybelline age rewind because it's very liquidy and easy to put under my eyes without messing up the erase paste&foundation already there).

I have the same problem except I have olive skin and dark purplish circles under my eyes... All the concealers I have tried never really hide them, they always seem to show through.  I need serious help, maybe I'm not using them right. I have been to makeup counters and they have showed me and said it looks good but when I get home it looks horrible...

Any suggestions?

I have the same problem except I have olive skin and dark purplish circles under my eyes... All the concealers I have tried never really hide them, they always seem to show through.  I need serious help, maybe I'm not using them right. I have been to makeup counters and they have showed me and said it looks good but when I get home it looks horrible...

Any suggestions?
I have a neutral-olive skin tone too, it seems that anyone with a darker skin-tone than light and has more or a pink to them don't get dark circles (Mostly)

I have been addressing this problem lately myself.  The dark circles, corners and lids are getting worse with age as my skin thins out.

I use the Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer.  What I like about the concealer is that its not cakey or thick.  It does not create any crepey-ness.   It blends great.   Its not a 100% solution but, after playing with the application, I think I have the best solution for me.  I don't feel the need to try others at this point.

I have been addressing this problem lately myself.  The dark circles, corners and lids are getting worse with age as my skin thins out.

I use the Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer.  What I like about the concealer is that its not cakey or thick.  It does not create any crepey-ness.   It blends great.   Its not a 100% solution but, after playing with the application, I think I have the best solution for me.  I don't feel the need to try others at this point.
I will have to try it out!

I have been using a Lancome concealer lately, it seems to be doing to good well!

Also I tried the NYX trick, it works amazing for me, but takes awhile to apply. 

Mac makes a pure orange concealer. A little goes along way and it runs $13+, it's a pro item but you can order it online.

Maybelline "Fit Me" concealer is an amazing product, and is a dupe of the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer, which is $32. It runs about $7-$8 and covers beautifully!

Joe Blasco's blue away and dermaceal or tattoo cover always does the trick for my clients. You can find it at camera ready cosmetics.com you can also try a custom concealer from etsy.com/shop/concreteroseartistry and you can specify exactly what you are looking for.

I use the bobbi brown corrector then i use mac prolongwear and prep and prime highlighter, it usually does the trick, you can also use a concealer on top of the darkness and pat it in, make sure you don't blend it out too much because it will sheer out.

I'm in the same boat, but I'll bet that I've been in it longer (meaning, add into the mix aging skin ~ yuck ~ 45 years old this month!).

I (currently) use Tarte's Waterpoof Creaseless Concealer (on Paula's Choice's Beautypedia reviews, it's rated "Best"), which is supposed to be very hydrating since it's oil-based, but it ends up drying my undereye out. And it doesn't really even cover the dark circles very well. Plus, it's really, really sticky feeling until it sets.

So, dark circles + dryness + crepeyness = yuck.

So, needless to say, I'm looking for better options and I'm subscribing to this thread. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am having fantastic luck with this BH Cosmetics concealer corrector palette in light. It was a whim purchase on Hautelook and it's seriously awesome!

http://www.bhcosmetics.com/products/6-color-concealer-corrector-palette

I find the salmony color does really well with undereye circles. It's super cheap but works really well for me. I smear a little under each eye and don't even rub it in then put the foundation over it. It ends up blending out nicely. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back