QVC August 2014 Test Tube

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had to waste some time this morning at Barnes & Noble. Honestly, I wouldn't have even thought about the New Beauty magazine but it sat staring at me from it's place right smack in the middle of the shelf, directly eye-level to me.  While, I didn't have anything to write the items down, I do still have some of the most important ones jumbling around in my mind. So, I pretty much had convinced myself that it was just way too much and way too expensive for me to continue to get both "Beauty tubes" and was planning to skip the upcoming QVC one............ Well, my feeling now is NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course, it's disturbing because we don't know what size these might be but if memory serves me right I think there were approx. 7 items, maybe an 8th but for the life of me, I can't remember what it was. So since I pretty much like the products and the type of the product (although we've had the brands before) I am interested in trying.... then there's one item, that I REALLY want and is probably the deciding factor for me getting the whole tube just for this one item! I really want to get past this addiction and keep holding onto the regular "beauty tube" although it seems to be suffering from growing pains........ however, I'm so afraid that I will cancel and suddenly the best tube ever will appear! With the regular tube, I feel that we are kind of roped into getting because they bill so far in advance and it frets me to no end that they don't do sneak previews anymore (I feel that was their shady way of dealing with all the negative complaints that they were getting before everyone's tube showed up on their doorstep. At least with the QVC beauty tube, it's in the magazine if you catch it at a bookstand (most likely you won't get it in the mail before that tube release) but also starts to show up on the QVC site in time where you have a chance to cancel if you don't want it......... I also find that I enjoy watching the QVC Beauty show which is usually aired around the tube's release time and they not only show the tube's items but demonstrate how to use them. So while all of this is good, sometimes I, personally, get so tired of the same old QVC items but the August tube is a nice change for me..

Any chance u might want to tell us what items u saw? lol...

I had to waste some time this morning at Barnes & Noble. Honestly, I wouldn't have even thought about the New Beauty magazine but it sat staring at me from it's place right smack in the middle of the shelf, directly eye-level to me.  While, I didn't have anything to write the items down, I do still have some of the most important ones jumbling around in my mind. So, I pretty much had convinced myself that it was just way too much and way too expensive for me to continue to get both "Beauty tubes" and was planning to skip the upcoming QVC one............ Well, my feeling now is NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course, it's disturbing because we don't know what size these might be but if memory serves me right I think there were approx. 7 items, maybe an 8th but for the life of me, I can't remember what it was. So since I pretty much like the products and the type of the product (although we've had the brands before) I am interested in trying.... then there's one item, that I REALLY want and is probably the deciding factor for me getting the whole tube just for this one item! I really want to get past this addiction and keep holding onto the regular "beauty tube" although it seems to be suffering from growing pains........ however, I'm so afraid that I will cancel and suddenly the best tube ever will appear! With the regular tube, I feel that we are kind of roped into getting because they bill so far in advance and it frets me to no end that they don't do sneak previews anymore (I feel that was their shady way of dealing with all the negative complaints that they were getting before everyone's tube showed up on their doorstep. At least with the QVC beauty tube, it's in the magazine if you catch it at a bookstand (most likely you won't get it in the mail before that tube release) but also starts to show up on the QVC site in time where you have a chance to cancel if you don't want it......... I also find that I enjoy watching the QVC Beauty show which is usually aired around the tube's release time and they not only show the tube's items but demonstrate how to use them. So while all of this is good, sometimes I, personally, get so tired of the same old QVC items but the August tube is a nice change for me..

I have a question. I signed up to the QVC box a couple of months ago and signed up for automatic shipping. They cancelled a payment I made towards the second quarter box because they were sold out of it. I'm wondering if I will receive the August box or not. Also, I can't even find the page for the box on the website anymore! Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you.

I have a question. I signed up to the QVC box a couple of months ago and signed up for automatic shipping. They cancelled a payment I made towards the second quarter box because they were sold out of it. I'm wondering if I will receive the August box or not. Also, I can't even find the page for the box on the website anymore! Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you.
I'm not sure if this is helpful or not and it's not really an answer to your question but if you've signed up for auto ship then you can sign into your account, under my orders (2nd from the top) click the auto-delivery plans. Mine takes me to the next screen where it lists that my next shipment of the QVC beauty tube is on August 5th, it also says "ACTIVE". So if this doesn't work for you or nothing shows up, then I would think that you're not on auto-delivery.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found this online, written in the QVC community forums: 

"I saw the Summer/Fall edition of New Beauty was in Barnes and Noble today, and this is what it listed for the QVC edition:

IT Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil

bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash

ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment

Doll 10 Luxe Lip Gloss

Phytodefrisant Botanical Straightening Balm

Mally Evercolor Shadow Stick

philosophy amazing grace shower gel

fresh Sugar Lip Treatment Advance Therapy

I couldn't tell you what the sizes are or whether the colors pictured are accurate, but I'm definitely more interested in this test tube than the last one." 

I didn't write that but if it's true I'm pretty excited about most of the items in the tube! Much better than  July's  regular  New beauty Test Tube. Some of the other stuff I can just swap. 

I might have to get this month's tube if that is what is in it...as long as they don't do the whole "bait and switch thing" like the regular test tube.  Everyone gets the same product in this one, correct?

Umm... if thats the list, I want some!

Okay I dug out my New Beauty Magazine and that list is correct.  The page says that these are all deluxe samples.  The only one that has a size labelled is the Bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash at 2oz.

The It Cosmetics has a brow brush on one end and the liner on the other.

Where do you sign up for this? Any codes? Sorry I'm new...but it sure looks exciting!
You have to purchase it off QVC. There are no codes and they do charge tax and shipping. I like the contents, but I am kind of waiting to see what is in the fall Allure box. Anyone know if this one sells out quickly?

This quarter's tube looks really nice so I went ahead and ordered one. I like that you can see exactly whats inside. Mine should be here tomorrow. I just finished my IT cosmetics eyebrow pencil so I needed a new one.

Mine arrived and I have some really mixed reviews about it. While I'm happy with the products, I was very shocked at how small the sample sizes were. I'm not able to post a picture, sorry! With the past tubes, they've always padded the bottom with a thick wad of crumpled up paper, well they did that not only in the bottom of this tube but also on top of the items. Just an indication of how small these items are. All in all, good items but just small especially considering the price.... 

**edited to say after seeing a review on a blog about this tube, the value seems to be very good even though the sizes are small. Perhaps, it's just me reaching a "burn-out" stage that's causing me to feel bitter about the shrinking sizes. It's my fault though that I'm spending so much money between this and the regular beauty test tube because my gut feeling keeps telling me to just cancel but I put it off, just in case the next one is shockingly amazing!

got my tube today, pretty good one, im gonna use all of it except Mally stick shadow, since i don't use those. all others are winners for me.

Got my Tube this week! Very happy with the variety, I didn't look up spoilers this time.  I LOVE the Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment. My fav item this time. I'm also thrilled to receive the it Cosmetics universal Brow Pencil.  

I really love this quarter's sample tube. The Phyto product is so amazing and I have really been loving the lip gloss and lip balm. I was surprised by how much I like the Mally product too. I am looking forward to the next tube.

The QVC New Beauty Testtube is starting to be shipped out this October. I placed an order yesterday for the August New Beauty Testtube and QVC informed me I will be also be receiving another Testtube this month. Very excited! Also, QVC offer "flex pay"...This options splits your cost between two payments. ♡ my new addiction ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back