Clarisonic: Real Opinions?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been contemplating saving up for a Clarisonic Mia2, but I want to be sure it's worth the investment. I have aging skin (though due to lack of sun exposure, less so than my age would suggest) that is somewhat sensitive, and shamefully, still prone to some blackheads, and I want to know if it would work well for my combination of skin issues.

I've honestly heard 95% positive reviews on the Clarisonic, so I thought I would get myself one. My skin is simply too sensitive and even with the sensitive head I found it too abrasive. Mind you, I do not use any type of manual exfoliant only chemical (BHA) and that works really well for me. 

I just bought one about 3 weeks ago. So far I really like it. It makes my skin feel super clean and oh-so smooth. However, I think I'm going through my purging phase as I'm getting more pimples than I normally do... But hopefully once that's over, my skin will behave. I have the regular Mia. I feel like my makeup goes on easier and my skincare products seem to soak in easier too. So far, I don't have any regrets buying one.

I really like my Clarisonic! My skin is pretty difficult... It's on the dry side, but still acne prone, and incredibly sensitive. I think Clarisonic says you should use it twice a day- that would wreck my skin. I use it once a day, every other day. Also, I use the delicate brush, which is even more gentle than the sensitive brush. When I use it, I start off by quickly washing my face with my usual cleanser to remove some of my makeup, then I use the Clarisonic to deep clean. I feel like it helps keep my skin in check by keeping my pores from getting as clogged. I do still use an exfoliating product once or twice a week as well. Overall, I think my Clarisonic makes my skin look brighter and smoother.

Sometimes I see negative reviews from people who got a Clarisonic and started off using it twice every day with the deep cleaning brush, and I wonder if they're maybe just irritating their skin. Some people do have a legitimate purging period, though. And no one product works for everyone!

Also, I might be wrong, but I feel like when I got mine there was some sort of guarantee? Might have just been a really good return policy.

I've honestly heard 95% positive reviews on the Clarisonic, so I thought I would get myself one. My skin is simply too sensitive and even with the sensitive head I found it too abrasive. Mind you, I do not use any type of manual exfoliant only chemical (BHA) and that works really well for me. 
Same for me. It left my face red and irritated for days. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank goodness I bought the Clarisonic plus (for face and body), because I do love it for my knees and elbows. :smilehappyyes:

I liked it but didn't like how often I had to change the brush and that it was hard to keep clean.  It wasn't as gentle as I would like as well...I switched to the luna foreo and found that this works better for me.  Now my clarisonic is used on my body but not on my face.

@@Esthylove a lot of the knock offs/cheaper versions spin rather than oscillate back and forth so they end up actually damaging and tearing your tissue. The clarisonic is definitely worth it for the price.

Your skin will purge a lot though so just keep that in mind. You'll be break out city for about 3 weeks then your skin will be amazing once all the gunk is out. I'm a huge fan of my clarisonic, I definitely think the mia 2 out of all the models is the best bang for your buck though. 

@@Esthylove a lot of the knock offs/cheaper versions spin rather than oscillate back and forth so they end up actually damaging and tearing your tissue. The clarisonic is definitely worth it for the price.

Your skin will purge a lot though so just keep that in mind. You'll be break out city for about 3 weeks then your skin will be amazing once all the gunk is out. I'm a huge fan of my clarisonic, I definitely think the mia 2 out of all the models is the best bang for your buck though. 
I personally hated mine and ended up giving it to my sister. I just do chemical peels myself instead. I was just giving my input.

I would disagree that the Clarisonic is worth the price. I gave in to the hype, had a consultation at Sephora, got the appropriate brush head for my skin type and even after several months use saw no change. None, whatsoever.

I tried adding or decreasing the number of times I used it per week, I tried using it with different products. I had no "purge" I had no improvement to my skin. It literally did nothing that any other physical exfoliant had done in the past, or has done since.

Luckily I was able to return the useless device to Sephora, and that, I think is the best advice - if you're looking into the Clarisonic, make sure you can return it if need be, because despite all the hype it really doesn't work for everyone. :flowers:

I would disagree that the Clarisonic is worth the price. I gave in to the hype, had a consultation at Sephora, got the appropriate brush head for my skin type and even after several months use saw no change. None, whatsoever.

I tried adding or decreasing the number of times I used it per week, I tried using it with different products. I had no "purge" I had no improvement to my skin. It literally did nothing that any other physical exfoliant had done in the past, or has done since.

Luckily I was able to return the useless device to Sephora, and that, I think is the best advice - if you're looking into the Clarisonic, make sure you can return it if need be, because despite all the hype it really doesn't work for everyone. :flowers:
Very true, just because someone loves it doesn't mean you will. I love to exfoliate my skin and hated it. I would much rather use a scrub!

I love my Mia2. I didn't really have a "purge" either, and I do still get occasional breakouts. I clean it regularly, with dial soap. I wonder if I should be using something else for cleaning it? It makes my skin feel smoother and cleaner. I only use once a day and use the sensitive head. The best tip I received was to take off the head after each use to dry the unit separately, prevents it from getting the pink mold.

Latest posts

Back