Major Cleanup... PIC HEAVY

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, the husband is at work and the baby is asleep. Time for me to clean my makeup collection! It might not be the most extravagant or biggest stash (I left most of my makeup back at my parents' house in Germany when I moved to the States... ) but at times I feel I already have way too much stuff I don't need/will never use.
Without further ado: Le stuff. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Playing Tetris with my eyeshadow palettes... the Urban Decay Naked 1&2, Vice and Glinda palettes, Benefit Rich is back, Too Faced Pretty Rebel and Chocolate Bar and Tarte Rainforest After Dark.
Miraculously enough, they all fit after moving them around for a little while.

10439486_571328302978299_2605322118327895378_n.jpg

I decided to store my lip products in a separate bag to make room for my foundation, single eyeshadows, brushes and blushes and whatnot.
So here are the lippies (It doesn't look like it but I counted 38 glosses, lipsticks and chubby crayons excluding balms):

10527452_571328522978277_3841636797161366607_n.jpg

By the time I got to the second drawer I was getting frustrated and demotivated haha... it just holds my foundation and powder, blushes, single eyeshadows and primers etc.

10492515_571328672978262_7866254091379862220_n.jpg

I put my mascara, brushes and eyeliners all in separate bags in the top drawer. The much beloved pink ravioli holds the liners, last month's Ipsy bag has become a home for my brushes and the clear UD travel baggie obviously contains the mascara full sizes and samples. In addition to that, the bronzers are crammed in that drawer now, too.

10527564_571328609644935_4891365775706792676_n.jpg

10500269_571328642978265_2800314685449281148_n.jpg

The finished product looks like this (I stuffed a couple of lip smackers into the last drawer with the palettes because my lipstick bag wouldn't zip up):

10487288_571328696311593_2493308074333537111_n.jpg

@@MrsShaw It looks very good! I have a similar set-up, and I operate under the rule that if I get more product than will fit, I either need to go on a no-buy until I can use some up, or I need to donate/toss something. Works well! :smilehappyyes:

That's awesome you are from Germany! German is my minor in school right now, I've been studying it for... I guess three years. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'd love to live in Germany some day, but I think it is more likely I will just be able to use having a second language to expand my job prospects here in America.

@@Shalott That is actually a REALLY good idea. I'm sure my husband will appreciate it, too. We have three bathrooms and I have lotions, makeup and creams in ALL of them ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it drives him nuts because he doesn't understand how I could possibly "need" so many different products!

That's cool you're learning German! You chose a rather complicated language there though! The German grammar I think is one of the hardest ones to learn. Personally, I went to school for Linguistics (Spanish, Portuguese and French) and American Studies. Knowing different languages will give you a huge advantage on the job market, especially here in the States... I don't know if it's just the area but I don't meet a whole lot of people that know foreign languages. Quite frankly, a lot of them struggle to use their own it seems ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@MrsShaw Yes, my husband appreciates it, so I am sure yours will, too! :lol: Actually, he appreciates just not having my cosmetics spilling everywhere, although this doesn't take into account my Bath & Body Works stash under the sink... oops. :ph34r: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I really enjoy German - I took Spanish and French in high school, and for me personally it seems the Romance languages are harder to learn. :blink: Go figure. However, German isn't by an means easy! I agree, the grammar is a toughie - I am especially struggling with the subjunctive, right now.

I love languages, though, and Linguistics is impressive! One of my classmates is studying the same, and she is under a huge workload.

I have the same container unit!   I use it for highlighters, bronzers, BB creams, and concealers.  I think I might need an upgrade though.  Like say....an extension on to the house.  :lol:

German language is frequent in my house.  My husband is a military brat and lived in Germany twice for long periods growing up.  His eldest sister calls and they have entire conversations in German.  lol

Latest posts

Back