GLOSSYBOX August 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are several of these things that I hope I get, and if not, i will do my best to trade for.  Yeah!

Oh, the BaB The One Stick... gross. Actually, the Skin&Co Truffle Therapy Serum is the only item I actually want, and it's a smaller sample than it was last time! I'm waiting for it to be back on Hautelook, soo... this might be another pass for me. :/

I was really excited about this box, too.

Wow, that is not a good list. I actually hate Be a Bombshell a lot! Every product I've gotten from them has been terrible! I am seriously at the point where I would straight up throw away any product I got from them (so sad).  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ladies - this may not be the August box - this is a quote -look like it could be a limited edition...in which case you may actually have to buy it which most of us simply won't since BaB is in there!

Here is the quote:

The limited edition Cosmoprof Boutique box will be available for sale exclusively on GLOSSYBOX.com in August after the show. The limited edition box will feature seven products and will have a small run. Once sold out ~ it is gone! Exhibitors participating in this program will benefit from a consumer focused promotional campaign with lots of social media visibility before and after the show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ladies - this may not be the August box - this is a quote -look like it could be a limited edition...in which case you may actually have to buy it which most of us simple won't since BaB is in there!

Here is the quote:

The limited edition Cosmoprof Boutique box will be available for sale exclusively on GLOSSYBOX.com in August after the show. The limited edition box will feature seven products and will have a small run. Once sold out ~ it is gone! Exhibitors participating in this program will benefit from a consumer focused promotional campaign with lots of social media visibility before and after the show.
Well this makes me feel both better and worse. :lol: I don't wanna want the August box!

@@Shalott  - lol - yes but for those of us on yearly or 6th month subs that can't opt out..I'm hoping that something will be good in augusts box as I am really not keen on BaBshell...
Ha ha, no, I meant that if those aren't the items for August, and there are better/different items, it will make it more difficult for me to resist subscribing again! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Not sure if this was already posted but I went ahead and subbed just a few minutes ago. Am hoping to still get the July box but I'm ok with August for the price. I used ebates and got $2.75 off and also used the code CIATE to get a free Ciate polish (I think it is full sized)

Wow, that is not a good list. I actually hate Be a Bombshell a lot! Every product I've gotten from them has been terrible! I am seriously at the point where I would straight up throw away any product I got from them (so sad).  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
..another BaB-using box? Feh. Glad I cancelled Glossy.

Just a little housekeeping heads up:  I moved this thread out of the general sub section and into the Glossybox dedicated section.  Thanks!

..another BaB-using box? Feh. Glad I cancelled Glossy.
I read up about the box and Cosmoprof Boutique curated the products for Glossy. They are a nonprofit.  The companies that are included in the limited edition Glossybox had to make a donation to be featured in it, in addition to providing X number of free products. I'd be curious to see what portion of the sales of the box go back to Cosmoprof Boutique to be donated for charity.  

Glossy didn't *choose* BaB - they made a donation to be in the box.

I just received an email from Glossybox about changes to their subs. Because I like the box but have had nothing but terrible experiences with their customer service I wanted to ask here. It appears that starting now their subs auto renew. I don't want mine to. Per the instructions below it looks like you can cancel them online but If I cancel before the last box has shipped, meaning if the sub ends in October but I "cancel" today will I get the last few boxes? Anyone else get this email?

Here is the email.

Dear Megan,
          Thanks for being a loyal customer and hope you are enjoying your GLOSSYBOX subscription!

In our effort to provide a great customer experience, we’ve updated our 3, 6 and 12 month subscription plans as of today so that it will automatically renew upon expiration.  This is to minimize the chance that our customers miss receiving a monthly box due to an expired subscription.

Should you decide to end your subscription and all future billing, please follow the steps below:
• Simply log in to your GLOSSYBOX account
• On the left hand side of the dashboard, click on "Recurring Profiles and Orders"
• Then click on the text describing your applicable subscription plan (ie, “6-Month Plan”)
• Underneath the “Profile Schedule”, click on the gray box that states "Cancel Subscription"
• That's it!

While we would be sad to see you go, we understand there may be a time and/or reason where you have to leave us (hopefully just temporarily). These changes should make the cancellation process easier for you.

***Kindly note that you will have until the 14th of any given month to opt out of the renewal to avoid receiving the next month’s box. Any change on the 15th and after will not take effect until the applicable subscription expires***

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 855-738-1140 or email us at [email protected].

Stay glossy,
The GLOSSYBOX Team

Latest posts

Back