Fortune Cookie Soap Box: Fall Soap Box 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissJexie

Rachel
Reaction score
The Fall Soap Box is shipping in just a few weeks (August 11th) and FCS posted a spoiler recently on their facebook:

spoiler.jpg 

I am SUPER excited!

oh...

a wizard of oz theme? meh...I wanted a fall scented box....oh well. I hope they have fall scents.

If you want fall scents, check out Haus of Gloi on August 24th. I might be dumping FCS after this box because HoG is much more my hippie-earthy-seasonal speed. FCS seems overly sweet foody-oriented for me. The down side is that there's no subscription or discount. The up side is that you get to order exactly what you want. I got five two-ounce jars of scrubs and body butters plus a perfume oil sample for under $25 including shipping.

If you want fall scents, check out Haus of Gloi on August 24th. I might be dumping FCS after this box because HoG is much more my hippie-earthy-seasonal speed. FCS seems overly sweet foody-oriented for me. The down side is that there's no subscription or discount. The up side is that you get to order exactly what you want. I got five two-ounce jars of scrubs and body butters plus a perfume oil sample for under $25 including shipping.
thanks! I will do that :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have bookmarked their site and created an account. Do they send out newsletters letting folks know that their new line has arrived?

thanks! I will do that :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have bookmarked their site and created an account. Do they send out newsletters letting folks know that their new line has arrived?
I'm not sure, but I actually put it on my calendar and keep checking Facebook for advance info. I'll probably post the lineup in the indies thread as soon as it's released!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm excited about this box's theme! I'm sure they'll be able to work in some fall scents with the theme. Like maybe

the fortune cookie could be candy apple scented because of the color? Or apple cider. Something like that.
I feel like they might go more Halloween scents than typical pumpkin spice scents with this one, but we'll see.

Someone from FCS already spoiled the fall theme and one of the products/scents in a FCS FB group. I posted the info in the summer thread but it should probably go in here under a spoiler. I'll look for the pic when I'm not on mobile.

oh...

a wizard of oz theme? meh...I wanted a fall scented box....oh well. I hope they have fall scents.
The past boxes have all been oriented towards their season of release even if there is some other theme also associated with the box, like Candy Land or Nightmare Before Christmas.

Plus, it's not like Wizard of Oz is already associated with specific scents or anything like that. I'm guessing it will be Oz related names with fall related scents. Of course, I could be wrong, but it would fit their pattern

@ - I hope so. I really want fall scented products. Perhaps there will be

poppies (lol), but I hope there will be some apple scents - from that scene where Dorothy is picking apples from the tree

Sooo probably a dumb question but if I got charged May 8th for my Summer box, will I get charged August 8th for the Fall box? 

Fall theme:

The owner captioned a photo in the FCS fan group with the phrase "wicked cute" and then said that was a clue to the fall theme.  Later she posted this:

Capture1212.JPG

The past boxes have all been oriented towards their season of release even if there is some other theme also associated with the box, like Candy Land or Nightmare Before Christmas.

Plus, it's not like Wizard of Oz is already associated with specific scents or anything like that. I'm guessing it will be Oz related names with fall related scents. Of course, I could be wrong, but it would fit their pattern
Exactly. I think that they can still do a specific theme but also keep some of the scents more "fall" oriented. I won't be totally disappointed if they don't, because I go WAY overboard on Fall scents anyway lol. Bath and Body Works is my best friend for the entire Fall season haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

On top of bananas not being fall, the whole concept seems more appropriate for a holiday box! I remember that The Wizard of Oz was always shown every year at Christmastime when I was a kid. Fall is *way* too early!

I saw the first post on this thread and pretty much yelled OH MY GOD!!! , at work.  I LOVE this theme!!!!!!   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I liked some parts of the summer box but wasn't sure if I should stay subscribed but now I'm sooooo glad I did.  I was totally obsessed with this movie as a kid.  The first spoiler already makes the box for me.  I'm going to go sit in a quiet place until I can calm down now.  I'm afraid if I don't I will start dancing down halls and hugging strangers.  

Latest posts

Back