MUT NEST (All-purpose year-round chat!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meaganola

Uh Huh Her
Reaction score
Brought to you by 80's hair, synth pop legends, and my summer of 1985.  (Yes, this is from 1984, but it wasn't on constant loop on HBO/Showtime when I was visiting my grandparents until the following year.)  Oh, and, of course, Falcor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3khTntOxX-k

The officially unofficial MUT NEST, aka the year-round slumber party/summer camp/happy hour/you name it!  My acronym meaning is clearly Never Ending Story Time.  Your expansion may vary.

This thread is not specific to any exchange or group!  It's here to fill in the gaps between Midsummer and Secret Santa -- and, if there turns out to be a desire, to bridge the gap between multiple exchanges that might be going on at the same time, whether that's Midsummer and Summerswap or nails and classic Secret Santa.  Come one, come all, even if you haven't participated in an exchange in the past or have no plans to do so in the future!  Sometimes I think we only ended up doing Midsummer because everyone just wanted a reason to hang out in a general thread and chat!  There is only one rule specific to this thread (standard MUT rules apply, of course):  Nothing is off-topic here.  It would be groovy if photos were put behind spoilers if there are more than a few in a post simply to make it easier for people to scroll through on phones.

Wheeeeeeee!!! Ready to grab my mask and some ice cream once I get these kids in bed!

Just signing in with my mint chocolate chip (actually the better kind with the salted dark chocolate and mint fudge cups).

I have pie, does that count?
Pie *always* counts. 

(When I first moved into this apartment, it was during the first season of _Dollhouse_.  I didn't have wifi yet, and I don't have a tv, so on Saturday mornings, I would take my laptop to the coffee house a block away and have pie and a mocha or iced tea while I used their wifi to watch it!  For a coffee place, their coffee-based beverages were atrocious, but their pies are *awesome*.  They usually have ten different varieties on any given day until they run out of that one for the day.  Mmm, pie.  Both sides of my family are from Yakima, which is a *huge* tree fruit-growing area, so we frequently had fruit pies growing up, even after we moved away from that area.  Mom's secret to thickening filling:  Minute tapioca pearls.  She *hated* messing with cornstarch.  Ack!  Now I want pie!)

Well worth a Kroger trip--I have never known a mint chocolate chip fan who did not think this was better than their to that point favorite version.

I don't have a Kroger! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> we have something called a moose tracks ice cream up here though. I'm gonna investigate whilst grocery shopping tomorrow.

Oh Kroger I MISS YOU.  They're everywhere around where I'm from (Greater Cincinnati area), and NOWHERE where I am now (rural NC).  

They have my tea (Bigelow's Vanilla Caramel)

They have my chili (Skyline)

They have my ice cream (UDF's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough)

They have my tartar sauce (Frisch's! A local restaurant - Kroger sells it in jars that I can TAKE HOME, though!)

They have my chip dip (Montgomery Inn BBQ Dip)

They have awesome sales, and clearance items (I got a bread machine for $20 that is currently selling on Amazon for $65!)

They have fuel points - for every $100 you spend, you get $0.10 off per gallon at their station.  On the weekends, double fuel points! My husband's aunt ROUTINELY gets $0.50 off per gallon!

I never thought it was possible to love a grocery store this much! Haha!

I can't decide whether I'm lucky or unlucky to live basically where I grew up.  I'm a block from the pizza place where we went to all the time when I was in college.  I'm actually here purely accidentally.  I had precisely zero intent to move to this area (I was trying to move to the Bay area, preferably Berkeley or Oakland), nevermind on the bus line that runs *to the hospital where I was born*.  All of the regional stuff I grew up with that is still made is still available at Fred Meyer!  (Freddy's is actually now a Kroger company, but they haven't really changed very much from when I was a kid despire the acquisition.) 

Unfortunately, the ice cream I was obsessed with in college is a brand that isn't even made any more.  Danken's.  It was a small company in Seattle (where I moved in 1992) that was *amazing* and basically a local Ben & Jerry's.  They had some questionable flavors (*why* did Old English 800 -- yes, as in the malt liquor -- ice cream even exist?), but there were some that I mourned so severely that I have repressed their names and components because I will be too upset at the world's loss to be able to move on with my life.  I can still remember the scrape of the plastic carton on the freezer shelf, though.  Man, I miss the '90s.

I may have ordered 20 sheet masks today (and am looking at making an additional order elsewhere) – so this girl is definitely ready!  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Just found this thread! Yay!!

I had to work out of my normal area 2 days ago and stopped in a Asian grocery that had a beauty store inside  :w00t:   I purchased 10 Korean face masks, so I'm ready too :smilehappyyes:

Latest posts

Back