meaganola

MUT NEST (All-purpose year-round chat!)

Awww, _How to Train Your Dragon 2_.  The first fight scene to ever make me TEAR UP.  In related news, I really, *really* hope that Part 3 introduces a female companion for Toothless so they can make more baby Nightfuries -- and, more importantly, so Toothless isn't the only one of his kind any more.  Because he needs that.

(Also:  I knew that a lot of Toothless was modeled on cats, and I kind of saw it in the first one, but I *really* saw it in the second one.  It made me want to go home immediately and hug Edgar because he's a total goofball just like Toothless, and they even move in very similar ways, especially when they hunker down close to the ground and ZOOM.)

We love that series and are so happy that they are continuing it. My daughter wants the books and it will probably be one of her Christmas gifts.

• Like 1

We love that series and are so happy that they are continuing it. My daughter wants the books and it will probably be one of her Christmas gifts.

My kids own about half of the series, the other half they were the first kid to grab them at the school library when they were checked in. I know a few they were the first ones checking them out. 

I forgot to say they love them. They are always talking about them. They read them in a day, two tops since they have to share and if it gets puts down the other will take it.

Edited by wadedl

Awww, _How to Train Your Dragon 2_.  The first fight scene to ever make me TEAR UP.  In related news, I really, *really* hope that Part 3 introduces a female companion for Toothless so they can make more baby Nightfuries -- and, more importantly, so Toothless isn't the only one of his kind any more.  Because he needs that.

(Also:  I knew that a lot of Toothless was modeled on cats, and I kind of saw it in the first one, but I *really* saw it in the second one.  It made me want to go home immediately and hug Edgar because he's a total goofball just like Toothless, and they even move in very similar ways, especially when they hunker down close to the ground and ZOOM.)

We almost named my black cat Toothless instead of Oscar.  He reminds me very much of him.

post-102193-0-19913100-1409547052_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Anyone else play fantasy football?

My husband and I have a fantasy Premier League football group.  (Soccer)  He picks his players based on stats and I pick mine based on hotness. :wub:   Strangely enough we end up with similar point totals at the end of the season.   ;)

• Like 4

I GOT THE JOB!!! :) :) :)

Dancing around my house! So happy!

Yay congrats girl! First things first, get some comfy lounging clothes for your new work-from-home job!

• Like 1

I GOT THE JOB!!! :) :) :)

Dancing around my house! So happy!

Congratulations!!!!!!  

Just found out today that my Brother-in-law is getting married in a month!   :o   I want to simultaneously hug and hit him.  I am excited for him and his fiancee but freaking out about how soon that is.  It also turns out that their wedding day is now the same day as a baby shower some friends are throwing.  How do I tell my friends I can't show up to my own baby shower?  

Yay congrats girl! First things first, get some comfy lounging clothes for your new work-from-home job!

Congrats!

Congrats! What will you be doing?

@ Congrats!

Congratulations!!!!!!  

Thanks everyone! :) Felt pretty darn good to hand in my two week notice tonight. On to better things! :)

• Like 3

Oh my applesauce, I suck at college. How do you friend?  :(

I feel you. I have ONE friend from college, in my junior year. I suck. I'm even an officer in a student organization! :lol: I have no excuse.

Lol I was lucky and went to a college where I already had friends. Meet the bf there, and then proceeded to go down the drama road with the friends and am now no longer friends with them. I don't really talk to the rest anymore. But bf and I came out of it alive! I'm actually better friends with some of my high school friends, some who I've known since 1st grade   :lol:

Edited by Kelly Silva

For some reason, I can't imagine you sucking at anything!

Lol I was lucky and went to a college where I already had friends. Meet the bf there, and then proceeded to go down the drama road with the friends and am now no longer friends with them. I don't really talk to the rest anymore. But bf and I came out of it alive! I'm actually better friends with some of my high school friends, some who I've known since 1st grade   :lol:

I wish my friends went to school with me. I talk to them ever day. I'm glad you and boyfriend made it out alive!

I feel you. I have ONE friend from college, in my junior year. I suck. I'm even an officer in a student organization! :lol: I have no excuse.

Too bad we can't all go to school together. I'm too scared to join clubs. But I hear there's a circus club....hmm...

For some reason, I can't imagine you sucking at anything!

:hugs3:  Thank you, Marigoldsue! I hope I can figure this out. I feel like I love talking to people, but then I never see anyone after that.

I had this problem when I first started college. I had no idea how to make friends and just... it was bad. One night I was sitting in my dorm room (it was a weekend night), eating a pint of Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey and talking to my internet friends and then I realized I had no friends and was sad. I went out and found people and started being friends. I literally just started going to anything on campus that seemed kind of interesting until I found people. Now I live with one of my best friends from undergrad :)

The friends that you make in undergrad, while they're still really good friends of mine, aren't my best friends now. Proximity means a whole whole lot, and I live halfway across the country now. It changes a lot of things. Some of my best friends from undergrad will always be my best friends, but certainly not all of them! Don't let it get ya down ;) We're always here for you!

I had this problem when I first started college. I had no idea how to make friends and just... it was bad. One night I was sitting in my dorm room (it was a weekend night), eating a pint of Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey and talking to my internet friends and then I realized I had no friends and was sad. I went out and found people and started being friends. I literally just started going to anything on campus that seemed kind of interesting until I found people. Now I live with one of my best friends from undergrad :)

The friends that you make in undergrad, while they're still really good friends of mine, aren't my best friends now. Proximity means a whole whole lot, and I live halfway across the country now. It changes a lot of things. Some of my best friends from undergrad will always be my best friends, but certainly not all of them! Don't let it get ya down ;) We're always here for you!

*hugs* You're all the best! Hopefully, I can convince myself to go to clubs. I get along with my neighbor, but she never seems to be around. 

We'll see! *crosses fingers*

• Like 1

So many projects today, I made Silly Sand and "Wake Up Mommy" sugar scrub for a friend's birthday and I started my Halloween wreath I cut my knuckle good while cutting the wire so Halloween is on hiatus at the moment, lmao

post-82797-0-63490600-1409720021_thumb.jpg

Edit for random semicolon lol

Edited by Tweakabell
  • Like 7

So many projects today, I made Silly Sand and "Wake Up Mommy" sugar scrub for a friend;s birthday and I started my Halloween wreath I cut my knuckle good while cutting the wire so Halloween is on hiatus at the moment, lmao

attachicon.gif20140902_214726.jpg

I don't like that you cut yourself, but I love the wreath! My mom used to make wreathes like that for the holidays - I should see if she could show me how to do it! :wub:

• Like 1

All of that is dollar store stuff

2 rolls of wire edged ribbon

1 wire wreath mold

2 rolls of floral wire

my favorite is my Christmas one from all dollar store stuff

post-82797-0-10725600-1409720992_thumb.jpg

it was a pain wrapping all the flowers but it was worth the effort

• Like 5

Just found out today that my Brother-in-law is getting married in a month!   :o   I want to simultaneously hug and hit him.  I am excited for him and his fiancee but freaking out about how soon that is.  It also turns out that their wedding day is now the same day as a baby shower some friends are throwing.  How do I tell my friends I can't show up to my own baby shower?  

Maybe you can talk to them and see if they can change the date or the time. They are both very important events and it would be sad if you had to miss one. Congrats to your brother.