tacehtpuekam

Memebox Affiliates

yes, I got the email too!!  I have no idea what they are like, but am excited to post about them :)

I can't imagine how much money they must be paying to overnight these brushes to a bunch of bloggers!!

I'm really interested to see if they're much different from the first Memebrush set. That set looked low-end, but actually turned out to be a really nice set of brushes. I use them every time I'm traveling. Really excited to try the new ones out, though! Maybe they're regular sized brushes instead of the travel-size set...

• Like 2

Anyone else reviewing these? What do you think they'll be like??

Yeah, I'm reviewing them, too! I'm going to be so easily impressed--lol--I was in college for 10 years and I'm rebuilding my cosmetics collection now, so my brush collection is basically trash--I've never slowed down to invest in nice brushes ahahaha. So excited to try these.

Yeah, the overnight charges are insane--but the express DHL shipping for giveaway and review boxes from Korea must be crazier. I can't believe they send giveaway boxes DHL--I'd be like "hey, you won this, be thankful byeeeee" and toss it in the regular post. ahahaha 

• Like 2

I'm getting them, too.  Can't wait because I'm using the same bareMinerals brushes I've had for nearly ten years. :\  Until I got the it Cosmetics Luxe Powder Brush, I didn't know how amazing brushes could actually be.

Can't wait to see how these are!  

I also think its really interesting how they are catering hardcore to the US group.  I hope they don't forget the rest of their global customers!

Can't wait because I'm using the same bareMinerals brushes I've had for nearly ten years.

OMG crying because that's totally my BrushStory, too. hahahahaha I end up with random fur on my face and I only notice it mid-day, it's so tragic. ahahahaha 

• Like 1

I just want brushes!  Ipsy has forsaken me with not one friggin brush in the 14 months I was subbed with them (and now I've unsubbed due to the August bag just being the last straw).

I am thrilled to be getting some new brushes!  

hahaha omg I'm in the same boat as you guys. My honey bought me the coastal scents brush set and while it's awesome, I have had it FOREVER and they're starting to fall apart. I'm of course pretending it's not happening and denying that I need new brushes, so this is going to be awesome.

I'm just very interested to see what this set is going to be like: how many brushes, if they're in a case, what they look like etc etc. Soooo excited! :D Can't wait to see everyone's reviews and what they think! 

*follows everyone on bloglovin :D

• Like 2

fyi - the brushes are coming from San Francisco, USPS express one day mail.

Ah! Well that makes a LOT more sense! I was shocked that they were overnighting them when I thought it was coming from Korea! I'm getting up at the crack of dawn tomorrow and waiting impatiently for my mailman! It stink though because sometimes he comes early and sometimes he comes at like 4pm, so if he comes late I'm going to have to be frantically taking photos and testing the brushes all night just to get my review up in time! I'm going to lock myself in my room and tell my hubby to not bother me with his handsomeness or I will be too distracted! ;)

• Like 1

I will be working during the day, so I will have to test these out in the evening  myself!

my cats will leave me alone! lol

fyi - they are supposed to be delivered by noon time, according to my tracking 

Edited by biancardi

I'm really interested to see if they're much different from the first Memebrush set.

I'm wondering if the marketing Memepeople who contacted us meant that the Memebrushes are launching in the US shop and that they're actually the same Memebrushes you tried before. I enjoy rolling around the Korean Memesite and they have a big brush sale on right now, too, but it looks like they're the exact same ones that are currently in the global Memeshop--I'm thinking that the big deal is that they'll be on sale with free shipping within the US.

For your sake I hope they're a new brush set!! 

I'm wondering if the marketing Memepeople who contacted us meant that the Memebrushes are launching in the US shop and that they're actually the same Memebrushes you tried before. I enjoy rolling around the Korean Memesite and they have a big brush sale on right now, too, but it looks like they're the exact same ones that are currently in the global Memeshop--I'm thinking that the big deal is that they'll be on sale with free shipping within the US.

For your sake I hope they're a new brush set!! 

hahah ohhh boy. Well I hope for THEIR sake they are different...because that would be a big ol' waste of cash to send them out to me again, lol. I mean...I'm not sure if they expect me to write another review on the exact same brush set or what. I even said in my response that I had already reviewed the current brush set, and would gladly review this one and they said, yay great etc, so it'll be interesting to see what arrives tomorrow.

Now that i'm looking at the post again, it does say that they'll be available for $18 instead of $36, which is how much the current set costs, so it's looking more and more like it'll be the same set, haha. Maybe they'll let me do a giveaway with them or something? I'll have to e-mail them tomorrow and see what they say.

Hmm...  I hope they aren't the same since it says "long awaited private label Memebox brushes" but it does sound like they might be the same set, especially at the exact price.

So, @@MissJexie what did you think of them back then?

I checked the links.

Oh, yep, its the same one.  It has to be.  If you scroll down there's a HUGE picture that says LAUNCHING on it.  I'm not complaining, I'll take 'em and use them happily!

Edited by Saffyra

Hmm...  I hope they aren't the same since it says "long awaited private label Memebox brushes" but it does sound like they might be the same set, especially at the exact price.

So, @@MissJexie what did you think of them back then?

I checked the links.

Oh, yep, its the same one.  It has to be.  If you scroll down there's a HUGE picture that says LAUNCHING on it.  I'm not complaining, I'll take 'em and use them happily!

I actually really liked the brushes, and still use them whenever I travel. I think there really needs to be a crease brush of some kind in there though. I noticed I had to take one with me as I tend to shade my eye crease a lot. You can make it work without one, but it would be super convenient if it was already there. The lip brush is super cute because it's retractable. I actually was surprised at how nice the quality was. Although I only use Coastal Scents/Crown brushes (which are pretty much identical) so I don't have any super high-end brushes to compare them to.

My main issue with the brushes was actually the case. It didn't start acting up until a bit later, but the zipper was super cheap and broke within a couple of weeks. It also had a really funky smell to it (that cheap plastic smell) but my coastal scents case had the same issue so it wasn't a huge deal. 

Overall I've been very happy with my set, use them pretty frequently, and definitely think they're worth the sale price. I'm not so sure about the $36 price tag, but even at that price, if someone is looking for a good quality travel brush set, they're worth it!

• Like 1

I'm top affiliate and they never send me anything to review :(. Maybe because I'm from Poland and my blog is in Polish language and Memebox don't care...

I'm top affiliate and they never send me anything to review :(. Maybe because I'm from Poland and my blog is in Polish language and Memebox don't care...

Have you sent your reviews to the affiliate email address for points?  It should not matter if your site is in Polish, memebox ships globally :)  If you haven't, you should, that way - they are aware you have a blog and you write reviews.  

Also, these brushes were shipped from the USA San Francisco office, so I bet that is why they only offered it to US affiliates, for cost purposes.

Yes I sent and Memebox gave me 60 points :)

Now I understand - brushes are only for US that's why they didn't send me :)

If they leave you out again I would e-mail them and be like "UHM HELLOOOOOO" lol. I mean it makes sense for this but you said that they don't usually send you anything. If you're making them a bunch of money then you really should be getting opportunities to review stuff from them! Hope you get something the next time around!

• Like 1

miss jexie, this is the first item that I got to review for them outside of the global 9 memebox, which I asked for - lol

miss jexie, this is the first item that I got to review for them outside of the global 9 memebox, which I asked for - lol

Wow! Well maybe they're starting to recognize your awesomeness and that's why they sent you the brushes! :D

That's not right, I got to review some Memeboxes and mine is in Norwegian!

• Like 1

Well, the brushes just arrived and they ARE the same brushes I reviewed months ago when they launched in the regular shop.

I think I am going to write a small "update" on them, and let my readers know about the sale etc, but I think it would be kind of silly and redundant to repeat a review, haha

Yep. Same :D  Just got mine, too~

I had to answer the door in my oversized T-shirt/nightgown with my Hey, Honey Take It Off peel off mask (from Ipsy) on my face...   THAT was embarrassing...

Edited by Saffyra
  • Like 1

Apparently they have lists.  I asked them.  They only have a certain number of people on the list.  I thought it was weird because blogs that don't even know about Memebox were getting Memeboxes to review.

I don't mind, though, I do this for fun not to get stuff.  I mean, getting stuff is fun and wonderful, but I'm gonna do it all anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Apparently they have lists.  I asked them.  They only have a certain number of people on the list.  I thought it was weird because blogs that don't even know about Memebox were getting Memeboxes to review.

I don't mind, though, I do this for fun not to get stuff.  I mean, getting stuff is fun and wonderful, but I'm gonna do it all anyway so it doesn't really matter.

I agree totally! Although the "lists" sound scary! I wonder what list I'm on! LOL ;)

• NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook