tacehtpuekam

Memebox Affiliates

Do you bother writing and posting your reviews if you received the boxes quite awhile ago?

I was just thinking about this, too! I apparently forgot to post a review of Global 14 and I was unsure about doing it now. But the delay means more time to test the products and see where they soar or fail, so I think that a long period between reviews and receiving a box isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'm always amazed when I see how many people are reading, like, Global 13's review on my blog. It requires a somewhat different style than an unboxing imo, but those long incubation reviews can actually be really useful to readers and especially new Memebox fans.

• Like 1

I have an off this topic question for you Ladies.

Do you bother writing and posting your reviews if you received the boxes quite awhile ago? 

I'm always terribly behind in posting reviews, but I do it anyway. People still read them. I still haven't reviewed my Global #15, which is next on my list. :)

• Like 1

I actually used to post my reviews late on purpose. I feel like there's a divide in reviews in the sense that some people like to get them up fast as more of an unboxing, so that readers can see what's in the boxes as soon as possible. Then there are other people that want to read the review and see what your thoughts are on the product, which means the review would have to go up later than usual. I've received pretty much the same amount of views either way I do it. It all depends on how much stuff I need to get reviewed before the end of the month. With all the Memeboxes coming, I have to be quick with my reviews lately, but I do miss being able to go a bit more in-depth with them! I still read reviews of older boxes, regardless of when they're released because I like to read people's thoughts on everything :)

• Like 3

I feel like there's a divide in reviews in the sense that some people like to get them up fast as more of an unboxing, so that readers can see what's in the boxes as soon as possible. Then there are other people that want to read the review and see what your thoughts are on the product, which means the review would have to go up later than usual.

I do a mix between both. Some boxes like makeup/lipsticks can be easily swatched and reviewed within a day or two. And others like skincare heavy ones I'd leave for awhile before properly writing up something. Mostly it is just a creativity block and I'll go on hiatus to re-inspire myself while I try and test out more things. :P I like your reviews though! I don't think a good review has to be that in-depth as long as the thoughts are there... Idk..maybe I'm a lazy reader and prefer the blogger to go right to the point.  ^_^ 

• Like 2

I do an unboxing which I try to do swatches and give initial impressions, with some research on the item - ingredients list, what it is really used for and who should use it - because memebox keeps telling us that everything is suitable for everyone and it really isn't..  If a product really wows me, it will be in my monthly favorite things blog.   I haven't come across a really "don't ever use this" product but if I did, I probably would blog about it!

Edited by biancardi
  • Like 1

I do an unboxing which I try to do swatches and give initial impressions, with some research on the item - ingredients list, what it is really used for and who should use it - because memebox keeps telling us that everything is suitable for everyone and it really isn't.. If a product really wows me, it will be in my monthly favorite things blog. I haven't come across a really "don't ever use this" product but if I did, I probably would blog about it!

Yeah I think it's hard because I recently used a product that I reacted horribly to and I've commented a few places that it didn't work for me. But it may just be my skin as I think others have used it ok so I don't really feel I need to be like don't use this! It just didn't work for me.

I just realized I made my first affiliate sale early this month!!!! I usually just look at my traffic, which is always stagnant, so I assumed I hadn't made any sales, but I totally did. I'm speechless and very, very grateful. *blows a kiss into the ether* <3 <3 <3

• Like 8

Ha ha, I'm the same, Jane. I just try to spread the love around as best I can, but can't always remember who the last person I clicked was. Thank you very much if it was you!

Is it bad I know I hit someone's link on here when I link to an affiliate but can never remember who?

I do the same thing! Whenever I need to place an order I click on a random blog in this thread. I don't remember who it was, but if your affiliate dashboard shows a Thanksgiving bundle purchase, it might have been mine :D

I just realized I made my first affiliate sale early this month!!!! I usually just look at my traffic, which is always stagnant, so I assumed I hadn't made any sales, but I totally did. I'm speechless and very, very grateful. *blows a kiss into the ether* <3 <3 <3

Yay congrats!!!!

My commissions page has been tumbleweeds lately. This no-box stuff has been killing me as a customer AND as an affiliate!

Just thought I'd let everyone know that they are sending boxes for the Ambassador program, I was just heading out to take advantage of a 40% off makeup sale and the DHL man pulled up behind me, I thought it was for someone else but when he got out with the pink mailer I jumped out of the car all excited.

I haven't received an email from Memebox yet but it has my address and details on it so it's mine! hahaha

When I opened it and saw it was the my honey box I was so excited that I could have laid an egg.

• Like 2

I got the Korea's Most Wanted 2 box today from Memebox.   the cream was totally smashed in it :(  which is fine, because it has rose in it but I thought that would be a nice gift to someone.  It actually wasn't a bad box, I liked all products but 2 of them.    I was surprised to come home and see a pink box in front of my door, as I wasn't expecting this.

When I opened it and saw it was the my honey box I was so excited that I could have laid an egg.

OMG I would cry if I got the My Honey box waaah. That watery gelly cream omg.

I'm really surprised [whisper: and a little bummed] that they're sending us boxes. I thought that the point of the program was to review new products and introduce readers to things they had never seen before. I have a lot of boxes that I could review, but not enough time to deal with them all. But, oh, My Honey is welcome to come live with me any day of the week omg.

I was surprised to come home and see a pink box in front of my door, as I wasn't expecting this.

I wish they would give us a tiny bit of heads-up about when to expect things because, Memecookies or no cookies for the mailroom team, my stuff isn't coming up to my office most days until I head down and ask for it to be dragged out of the pile. Hopefully the lure of brown sugar Memecookies will change that.

OMG I would cry if I got the My Honey box waaah. That watery gelly cream omg.

I'm really surprised [whisper: and a little bummed] that they're sending us boxes. I thought that the point of the program was to review new products and introduce readers to things they had never seen before. I have a lot of boxes that I could review, but not enough time to deal with them all. But, oh, My Honey is welcome to come live with me any day of the week omg.

I adore everything in the box, when I was taking photos and swatching for cream textures I was running back and forth from my light box to mum and we slathered ourselves in everything, this is probably my favourite box ever.

I'm glad they are still sending boxes but I also hope that they will send stand alone products for hard core, in-depth reviews and from the email sent out it did sound like they were likely going to be doing that.

I also received a box from UPS today!  I was SO confused because at first I was afraid they sent me the wrong box but when I looked, all my tracking codes were accounted for.

I got Korea's Most Wanted 2.

Well, I'm happy that my original surmise of them not sending boxes anymore was wrong!  And, uhh, it's pretty cool that I got a box!!  Whee!

• Like 2

I also got the My Honey Box and I died of happiness because I didn't get either honey box and felt so left out of all the glory!

I don't think we should be bummed about the boxes, just because of my past experience with their now defunct influencer program. I would get a box here and there, and then they would send me product to review as well. I reviewed drww items, Hope Girl products (lol) as well as a few Sally's Box items. They also send me the Memebrushes TWICE lol...once way back earlier in the year, and again when they sent them to everyone.

I think that they will not only send boxes, but product as well as they see fit, similar to how we received the memebrushes and the lip tint. :)

Also, they have NEVER sent me any heads up for the boxes when they sent them for review. I would always get a mystery package, be super confused, and then 1-2 days later, get an e-mail saying, "We've sent you the _____ box!" with more info etc. I think they're a bit behind on that, lol. 

• Like 4

I've finally snapped. A blog called fanserviced can't provide proper fanservice by withholding information. It would be different had I received a response about the policy after asking twice, but without that...VIP links are back on my accounts. BECAUSE SKINCARE BOX!!! WOO!

• Like 3

I've finally snapped. A blog called fanserviced can't provide proper fanservice by withholding information. It would be different had I received a response about the policy after asking twice, but without that...VIP links are back on my accounts. BECAUSE SKINCARE BOX!!! WOO!

AGREE!! Post those babies!  There's no more discount so who cares!?  And if they give points, only VIPs will get them anyway so it doesn't even matter!

• Like 1

AGREE!! Post those babies! There's no more discount so who cares!? And if they give points, only VIPs will get them anyway so it doesn't even matter!

Lol and I can find the sitemap and location of the VIP boxes if I don't get the VIP emails so...yeah, brakes are off. Screw this.
  • Like 1

Just thought I'd let everyone know that they are sending boxes for the Ambassador program, I was just heading out to take advantage of a 40% off makeup sale and the DHL man pulled up behind me, I thought it was for someone else but when he got out with the pink mailer I jumped out of the car all excited.

I haven't received an email from Memebox yet but it has my address and details on it so it's mine! hahaha

I got the same box and I am in love. :D The Migabee Antipolution Re-Peeling reminds me of the Hey Honey Take It Off Mask I got in my Ipsy bag a while ago (which I LOVED) so I'm super excited about having a full size peel off mask to try. 

And seriously, this box is just all sorts of awesome!!! I don't think there's a product in there that I don't like.

• Like 1

my sales blow this month.   The drop is amazing and it does correspond to the lack of new releases.   oh well.   That is life.

• Like 1

Sales have been so incredibly miserable for me too, that is until yesterday when the "Thank You" sets were released as well as the new box...that definitely picked things up a little bit!

But yea...overall month-wise...this month was tumbleweeds. I hope that it matters to Memebox that their sales plummeted and they start actually doing something about releasing boxes. One box a week or at a time sucks, because there's no chance to bundle </3

• Like 2

• NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!

• Recent images in this topic

• No Buy Program Guide   I found a great new No Buy channel on YouTube (well it found me; it was in my recommended videos), a new No Buy channel from a New York concert pianist, Natalia Lavrova. I find this fascinating, because I love the world of classical music. Here is someone in my dream life, who loves shopping, and beauty subscriptions, who has credit card debt, and is doing a No Buy! I'll be fascinated to watch this channel and hear how this artist's No Buy goes as she is preparing for concert tours abroad! Ms. Lavrova has a really good Shop My Stash video with great tips on winter makeup colors, like icy pink highlighter. I looked for her piano performances on YouTube and they are stunning. This is going to be a big inspiration for me!   
    • I made it through the night with no buying! I slept through the shopping craving like it was an illness. I woke up after the 12 hours of sleep and as I was waking up I thought of a happy time in the 90's. I was young; all my family members were alive. I was at a Bond film, Tomorrow Never Dies, (I love James Bond and don't know what I am going to do when his new film is released, since I'm not allowed money for entertainment on my No Buy). On the floor near my feet was a big bag of Estee Lauder products that I had just gotten with my birthday and Christmas money. I had a full size moisturizer and a huge PWP, beautiful. The film had a great ending. The Bond girl was underwater, running out of air, and just in time, there's James Bond, the theme music resumes! Great scene! And walking around the mall after, how happy I felt! And today I am sad that time is gone, many family members are gone, life is sadder, time is running out, and I did not use that bag of Estee Lauder products up! I probably used them a few times and then threw them out and bought something else. And maybe if I had used every drop, in my mind, I could have held on to life, to time, to happiness. At any rate I would have had more money. If only we knew about No Buys and Project Pans then! This is just one of a million examples of how I think about this.  When I woke up Elle S was still analyzing her samples! She was talking about how her project taught her to evaluate (excellent video, Oct 1, 2017).  Last night in bed I took some photos of samples I need to use up. Sorry for so many long posts, but I've really had to work on this for the last 24 hours. Primers, shower gels and body scrub, toners, and masques.   
    • I haven't given in and bought anything yet, though I wanted to. I went to bed early (I think it was 5 pm), and I was listening to Elle S 365 Days of Samples playlist on YouTube. It is inspiring. Elle is detailed, persevering, and creative. I was very cozy, and I dreamed I was going to a spa in Europe. I was so excited about the spa, and about the skin care products the spa was going to have in the room for us. My mother was going with me, and I told her I was going to bring a minimal amount of beauty products in my suitcase, because we would be getting some from the spa. When I woke up I was sad, because the dream was so nice. Now I just woke up and I'm hot and thirsty, but the craving to shop has gone down somewhat. Before I went to sleep I looked in my sample boxes. I saw a beautiful mini lotion with a gold bow on the package that I got for Christmas and had already forgotten about. The glittery gold bow sparkled beautifully in the light.  This while experience today of realizing I have been on No Buy so long without realizing it has been interesting. I have been keeping busy with other things. I began going to a a new religious congregation a month after I went back on No Buy (a different religion I wanted to learn about for a long, long time) and have been busy with that, and have been making new friends and socializing more. The new religion is one that fills my need for intellectual and artistic (through its liturgy) stimulation. I've met wonderful people. It's not always easy to keep going there, as I'm shy and reclusive, but I've kept it up. Maybe this is what made the time go so fast without me knowing it.  I guess I'll go and listen to some more 365 Days of Samples.   
    • I'm changing the way I keep track of the time on my No Buy in order to motivate myself more. I didn't realize until today that I'm in month 8 of my second year! Four and a half months until completion of Year 2! I want to finish my mini sample products by June 12, 2020. Here is a partial inventory: Shampoo minis - all used up! Face cream, and face cleanser minis - all used up after a great deal of work and patience!  Mini body scrubs - 1  Mini shower gels - 7 Mini face primers - 8 Mini toners - 9 Mini face masques - 12 I still have to add up mini body creams, hair conditioners, and perfumes. I should reorganize them all to get a new perspective.   
    • Today is the test - will I pass or fail?  Two years ago at this time (end of January 2018, on a Sunday), I discovered Hannah Louise Poston videos for the first time. She had just begun her channel. I recalled cleaning my room while watching the videos and feeling very inspired about my No Buy. I was inspired for an entire year, until ... One year ago at this time (end of January 2019, on a Sunday), I was feeling down. The weather was very bad. There was no good food in the house. I started watching haul type videos. I decided to buy something I didn't need. I felt HORRIBLE and just went on a binge. I tried to hard to get back on the path, but couldn't. I didn't get back on the path until June, when I came back with renewed vigor and had huge success for the rest of the year.  I have been thinking, why don't I just let go again, today? After all, last year I let go and did not ruin myself that much, and then by summer, like a miracle, I was back on No Buy and finished all my goals for the year and more. So I'm using that as justification for cheating. I do have shopping cravings right now. Still, I have not used half of the nice things I got on my binge last year. What will I do? Will I relive 2018 or 2019?  ______ Several hours later. I still want to shop. I cleaned a bit while watching the very first video of Hannah Louise Poston, which was published on January 15, 2018 (Introducing My No-Buy Year!). Watching that brought back a lot of good memories. At the 10:00 mark of this video, Hannah was taking about still being in the exciting early phase of the No Buy, with packages still coming in the mail from the last fling before, and it all being new and not the long haul yet. Then I realized I'm not in the early phase, I'm in the long haul now. I looked at my diaries and realized that I am already halfway through the eighth month of my second No Buy year! It has actually been that long since I began again on June 12! I only have four and a half months to complete in my second No Buy year! I really had no idea I was so far along. So while the calendar year is young, it's August as far as my No Buy Year 2 is concerned. The second year of No Buy goes quickly! I still want to shop, but now I am looking at things differently, and may feel less tempted.   

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook