tacehtpuekam

Memebox Affiliates

every penny helps!! But I do worry about how slow the USA shipping has been.  None of my august 14th have shipped out and I see a lot of "pending" ones in my commission area that I know are the USA memeshop items.

You're so right. I don't work right now due to some health issues and the fact that my fiance and I share a car, so when I get like $30 in commission I freak out with sheer joy, LOL.

I find that SO weird about the US shipping! I made a little tiny order with a coupon and some points and got one of the macaron lip balms. I'm pretty sure it was here within about a week if I remember correctly. I never got a shipping confirmation or a tracking number, it just appeared one day! It was a few weeks ago though, so I'm not sure what's going on with the current orders!

Yeah, whats up with the pending ones?  I know I've received my USA order and it still says pending.  Do you think that means the affiliate doesn't get that money?!

Yeah, whats up with the pending ones?  I know I've received my USA order and it still says pending.  Do you think that means the affiliate doesn't get that money?!

Wow... I never even thought of that! That's definitely possible, since it's still pending on the site, it might still be pending for the affiliate's commission as well...

SIGH. Memebox you're making it so hard for me to continue to love you lately.  <_<

I wrote an email to skinfactory :D  we will see what they say to me.  Also, it seems like A-true has been very generous to bloggers lately, too.  Including me, although I only got the samples because Marjolein asked them to send them to me (as a birthday surprise).  Which does mean that they are pretty nice to people in general since thats kind of a weird request.

And I'm not kidding when I say they sent a stash.  Not quite as large as skinfactory but a definite stash.

I wrote an email to skinfactory :D  we will see what they say to me.  Also, it seems like A-true has been very generous to bloggers lately, too.  Including me, although I only got the samples because Marjolein asked them to send them to me (as a birthday surprise).  Which does mean that they are pretty nice to people in general since thats kind of a weird request.

And I'm not kidding when I say they sent a stash.  Not quite as large as skinfactory but a definite stash.

Oh that is awesome! I've been compiling a list of Korean companies to e-mail to see if any of them are open to sending products for review, so I will add them to the list for sure! I plan on reporting back here as well so everyone can get in on the fun! ;)

Yes, I was the one who mentioned A-True a while back for other bloggers as I had reached out to them months ago and got samples.  They are very generous with samples.  I did finally place an order with them, but I had to purchase 100.00 worth of stuff -to get free shipping -  which was only 4 items - lol - because their shipping costs are worse that memeshop.

I had originally just ordered two items, at 64.00, but then they were going to add 34.00 in shipping, so I said, let me add two more items.  That said, they don't ship out standard EMS like memebox, but priority, so I hope I get this package before I go on vacation.

• Like 1

Has anyone gotten review points in the last, oh, week?

I've sent in my link FIVE TIMES now, and on the fourth one (sent in on Tuesday) I just got back a standard "How did we do?" feedback survey today. Uh...

I've never gotten points for my reviews, unless they send me an e-mail asking for a specific product to be reviews and they reward a random amount of points once it's finished. Ex: I did a review on Hope Girl cosmetics and they gave me like 20 points for it afterwards or something.

I do send my reviews to them, but only if it's a box that they sent me for review, and I don't even get points for those. 

I figure since they send me boxes every now and again, It's pretty much the equivalent of points. I knew that once people mentioned they were giving out points, everyone would start sending in reviews and eventually they would stop giving points away. It sucks, but If they gave 3 points for every review to every single person who reviewed a box I feel like they'd be giving a LOT of points away. 

Long ramble short, I never send my reviews to them so I have no idea if they're still giving points out or not for them...but I can imagine there's going to be a time (possibly now?) that they will stop giving points out for them.

I haven't tried for the review points in awhile.  The last time I did... let's see...  That must have been when they first sent out the email about the Jackpot box.  I sent a question about the Jackpot box and added in the fact that I had emailed about three reviews and heard nothing back.

When they responded, they answered my question about the Jackpot box and also gave me the review points.  I will say that it was probably the most coherent Memebox support person ever.  There wasn't even a grammatical error in the response.

I do admit that I feel like they should know me by now since I've been sending in my reviews and doing their giveaways for the last three months but I'm probably dreaming :P

• Like 1

I've never gotten points for my reviews, unless they send me an e-mail asking for a specific product to be reviews and they reward a random amount of points once it's finished. Ex: I did a review on Hope Girl cosmetics and they gave me like 20 points for it afterwards or something.

I do send my reviews to them, but only if it's a box that they sent me for review, and I don't even get points for those. 

I figure since they send me boxes every now and again, It's pretty much the equivalent of points. I knew that once people mentioned they were giving out points, everyone would start sending in reviews and eventually they would stop giving points away. It sucks, but If they gave 3 points for every review to every single person who reviewed a box I feel like they'd be giving a LOT of points away. 

Long ramble short, I never send my reviews to them so I have no idea if they're still giving points out or not for them...but I can imagine there's going to be a time (possibly now?) that they will stop giving points out for them.

Unfortunately, not all of us get free boxes for review. :P Heh.

Unfortunately, not all of us get free boxes for review. :P Heh.

That's true! I mean, it's not like they're sending me piles of boxes or anything, but I think they send them to me because I was the only non-youtuber reviewing their boxes when they launched in the US, so they have a soft spot for me or something? LOL Who knows? My blog is really small compared to the other people they've been sending boxes to, so maybe they just feel bad for me or something lmao ;)

I do think that it was nice of them to start offering points to people who review the boxes, I just wonder how many e-mails they're getting per day with complaints, cancelations, questions and now e-mails about reviews/points etc. Every time I send them an e-mail it takes days/weeks sometimes to get a response, so I'm crossing my fingers for you that they get back to you soon!

• Like 1

true, but it is only 3 points.  If someone is purchasing a ton of boxes - they have made the money off that person already - giving them 3 points per review is no different that a VIP savings per box.

If someone rarely purchases boxes, again, it isn't going to break their bank. 

People actually took the time to take pictures, and do a review - some more wordy than others, but all of that takes time, no matter what.  I wouldn't expect points for an instagram - lol

missha usa gives out dollars for your purchases to use again in their shop.  memebox should stop the point system completely and just do that - boxes are worth xx points, some more than others (depending on the cost, what they want to get rid of) and all products in the memeshop, based on cost.

Edited by biancardi
  • Like 2

true, but it is only 3 points.  If someone is purchasing a ton of boxes - they have made the money off that person already - giving them 3 points per review is no different that a VIP savings per box.

If someone rarely purchases boxes, again, it isn't going to break their bank. 

People actually took the time to take pictures, and do a review - some more wordy than others, but all of that takes time, no matter what.  I wouldn't expect points for an instagram - lol

missha usa gives out dollars for your purchases to use again in their shop.  memebox should stop the point system completely and just do that - boxes are worth xx points, some more than others (depending on the cost, what they want to get rid of) and all products in the memeshop, based on cost.

That sounds like a great idea, honestly!

I just think if you think about it, the commission they give on a sale, mixed with the VIP discounts that most people get, not to mention any $5 off coupons they use and/or others, adding yet another $3 PER box is taking quite a bit of money off the top. I'm definitely not saying that bloggers shouldn't be compensated (I'm a jobless blogger so I totally get it), but that is DEFINITELY not something most companies do, ever. So even if Memebox were doing it for a short period of time, that's pretty cool of them. I've been blogging for just 2 or so years, and never have I seen a company gives me store credit for my reviews. Especially it I wasn't working with them/ in a partnership with them prior to writing the review. 

I do think your idea is much more plausible and makes so much sense. The reason why they had so many people hooked early on is because they were offering points with purchase of a box much of the time, on top of the fact that they were constantly offering points to put towards purchases etc. I felt like there was ALWAYS some kind of points deal going on that made me pull the trigger on boxes. I also like your idea where they take a page out of Missha's book and offer points for purchases in their shop.

I think there just needs to be more reward for buying and interacting on their website, even for those customers who aren't bloggers. 

I emailed to both - but I am sure that someone will get back to you!  They are pretty quick to respond :)

• Like 1

For those who have been with Memebox longer than I have, how many boxes will they release when we hit September 1st? All the boxes I was planning on buying today (payday) sold out--Cute Wishlist 3, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Thumbs Up. REALLY bummed about missing out on the Thumbs Up box, even moreso than the Cute Wishlist. :( I may get Pinkaholic and I am thinking of Very Berry, but I kind of want to see what they release first. I also really want to buy a value pack so I can see the shipping difference. I've only received 1 box and 1 full size order so far. Any advice would be very helpful! Thanks!

For those who have been with Memebox longer than I have, how many boxes will they release when we hit September 1st? All the boxes I was planning on buying today (payday) sold out--Cute Wishlist 3, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Thumbs Up. REALLY bummed about missing out on the Thumbs Up box, even moreso than the Cute Wishlist. :( I may get Pinkaholic and I am thinking of Very Berry, but I kind of want to see what they release first. I also really want to buy a value pack so I can see the shipping difference. I've only received 1 box and 1 full size order so far. Any advice would be very helpful! Thanks!

There is no set release dates for boxes but it does seem to be Mondays, Wednesdays and/or Fridays.

If there are releases on Sept 1st, it won't be more than three.  Value packs are generally released for boxes with similar ship dates.

If you want to try and snag a box you missed, check their shipping dates.  Right around the time they ship (sometimes 2 days before), they will restock a few of them from people who've cancelled.

Very Berry is the one I have my eye on, too :)

• Like 1

There is no set release dates for boxes but it does seem to be Mondays, Wednesdays and/or Fridays.

If there are releases on Sept 1st, it won't be more than three.  Value packs are generally released for boxes with similar ship dates.

If you want to try and snag a box you missed, check their shipping dates.  Right around the time they ship (sometimes 2 days before), they will restock a few of them from people who've cancelled.

Very Berry is the one I have my eye on, too :)

Thank you! I know they release boxes all the time, but I had gotten the impression they released a lot of boxes at the beginning of the month.

Right now, I have 3 boxes in my cart--Pinkaholic, Very Berry, and Naked 24. I want to order enough to use the 10 percent off code and get an affiliate discount of 5 dollars. But thinking they might release something great after I order is kind of keeping me from ordering, lol. What do you think will be in the Berry box? I saw that the Shocking Toner has berries in it and it is on sale, so I'm wondering if that might be in there. I'd really like to try it. Also, that 7 seconds booster appeals to me and it has berries in it. So tempting! But then, I'm also trying to wait until the 1st of September because of the whole VIP thing. That is frustrating. I wish they would do their VIP thing differently. I mean, I ordered 5 boxes in August. I don't like having to consciously spread my orders out like this.

Thank you! I know they release boxes all the time, but I had gotten the impression they released a lot of boxes at the beginning of the month.

Right now, I have 3 boxes in my cart--Pinkaholic, Very Berry, and Naked 24. I want to order enough to use the 10 percent off code and get an affiliate discount of 5 dollars. But thinking they might release something great after I order is kind of keeping me from ordering, lol. What do you think will be in the Berry box? I saw that the Shocking Toner has berries in it and it is on sale, so I'm wondering if that might be in there. I'd really like to try it. Also, that 7 seconds booster appeals to me and it has berries in it. So tempting! But then, I'm also trying to wait until the 1st of September because of the whole VIP thing. That is frustrating. I wish they would do their VIP thing differently. I mean, I ordered 5 boxes in August. I don't like having to consciously spread my orders out like this.

Well, if you buy them now using August VIP codes you've found, you will get new ones to use for the month of September.

If you wait until September, you will be using Septembers new codes and then lose them for the rest of the month.  So...  if you haven't used Augusts codes, I would use them now.

You will become VIP on Sept 1st, get new codes and likely some points during the month sometime so you should have more to play with to buy any September boxes.

So I say all that, right?

Then I see Luckybox #10....  So yeah, I made a post.   :P

Okay, fine.  I made another post about Naked Box #24 because I think its a freaking good box.  

And maybe posting *does* get more sales because wow....  If you haven't made one you might want to.

Okay, fine.  I made another post about Naked Box #24 because I think its a freaking good box.  

And maybe posting *does* get more sales because wow....  If you haven't made one you might want to.

ooh did you make lots of sales today? :D I've been so crazy busy the past couple of days, and now I'm going to be gone with my mom for the entire labor day weekend so I won't be able to keep up with posting about sales and reviews etc. I have posted a few sales on my facebook only, but I'm not sure if I've seen a bump in my sales or not since some days are sale-crazy and other days are less so. It's hard to tell!

• Like 1

By the way, has anyone received their September affiliate coupon codes yet? They usually send the upcoming months codes out a few days before the end of the month and I haven't received mine yet... weirdness.

• Like 2

• NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook