tacehtpuekam

Memebox Affiliates

I've already wasted a whole weekend on my stupid memebox affiliate links.  I work for a living, damnit, and this is so inconvenient.    I won't hold my breath, but I would wish they would just somehow "forward" our old affiliate code to our new affiliate site.

I still have people clicking on the old affiliate links (I still have several more hours of cleanup here)  and I am not sure if I need to make an announcement on my board stating that if they want to use my affiliate links, they should use the new ones. 

• Like 1

It's possible they're on 30 day cookies.  I am pretty sure I changed and/or got rid of all my old links and I'm still getting sales on mine, too.  That's the only thing I can think of.  Besides missing some links when I was changing them all, of course.  

It's possible they're on 30 day cookies.  I am pretty sure I changed and/or got rid of all my old links and I'm still getting sales on mine, too.  That's the only thing I can think of.  Besides missing some links when I was changing them all, of course.  

with wordpress, I can see what users click on - and they are clicking on some old links.  I cannot get to all of mine before the restock starts.  At least I will still get credit for the sale, but what horrid timing for affiliates, huh?  We have all of these deep links that need to be converted and they announce a restock sale - oy.

with wordpress, I can see what users click on - and they are clicking on some old links.  I cannot get to all of mine before the restock starts.  At least I will still get credit for the sale, but what horrid timing for affiliates, huh?  We have all of these deep links that need to be converted and they announce a restock sale - oy.

I wish blogger did that!!

I wish blogger did that!!

Well, with the new linkshare, they don't show them anymore, but at least our new affiliate site is set up better so we can see the click thru's.  For some reason that synergy url is considered "spam" on wordpress  - not bad spam, but just something they don't want to report on the clicks.

@@Saffyra did you move the photo files/ folders on your computer? I'm not sure how blogger works- but it might be the problem.

Lucky for me it appears that it only happened with January posts.  Which makes whatever happened even more weird.  Beats me.  

Now I get to spend more time in front of my computer doing tedious but necessary work.  

On topic:  (sort of)  Is anyone expecting to make some purchases tomorrow or this week?  I've been super good but.... Mmm Luckybox #5...

• Like 1

Lucky for me it appears that it only happened with January posts.  Which makes whatever happened even more weird.  Beats me.  

Now I get to spend more time in front of my computer doing tedious but necessary work.  

On topic:  (sort of)  Is anyone expecting to make some purchases tomorrow or this week?  I've been super good but.... Mmm Luckybox #5...

I have no idea if this will help or make a difference, but I did find this thread on google: 

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/blogger/rmcpbld5K80

as well as this one:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/blogger/Snsi_-sAlbE

It seems like it has something to do with Picasa if you use that, and the photo permissions being changed somehow. I would look into it!

• Like 1

I will be very good and I've got a very short list I will think about purchasing. (Whole grains, fermenteds, oriental)

If those aren't available I'm going to grab a good toner/ serum from the shop with points and take a break. I don't want to be a hoarder! I just ordered some organic Siberian skincare I want to try.

• Like 1

Do we have any updates on blog review points? I'm still waiting for mine from 2 weeks ago =/

No still

Waiting

nope, still waiting.  Also waiting on those pending orders from LAST summer and early fall - I know they were shipped out - because I have pending orders in my own personal order list that I have received.   To clarify - the pending commission orders are not my orders. 

for those familiar with the  linkshare affiliate program, how do payments work? Is it only monthly?  I have commissions but no payment info. I guess I have to take a check for the first payment, and I wanted to grab some of it now so I could then do direct deposit (my bank is a credit union and is in the city, so it is a pain to get to)

Does memebox have to pay them first before I get a payment?

thanks

I believe you will be paid out once you hit your threshold ($50 default) after the sale has locked. In my experience, commissions are generally locked after 30 days.

Edit: it's an automatic payment and it's not like Memebox before where you had to request it.

Edited by Saffyra

I believe you will be paid out once you hit your threshold ($50 default) after the sale has locked. In my experience, commissions are generally locked after 30 days.

Edit: it's an automatic payment and it's not like Memebox before where you had to request it.

thank you!  So, reading their FAQ, they pay out 4 times monthly and based on what you just wrote, it also has to be 50+ over and 30 days...

• Like 1

I just found that, too! My guess is that Memebox would be on the 30 days program because they take so long to ship. Which, I have to insert gripe and say that it's ridiculous that they now won't let you cancel your box purchase even when it doesn't ship for two weeks. What is wrong with them?!

I'm still super overwhelmed with the Rakuten stuff. I normally avoid affiliate programs etc, but since Memebox has been a main source of reviews over the year, theirs is the only affiliate program I've joined before. The Rakuten site is mega confusing for me so I just avoid it. The end of the month is looming so I really should start learning how to do stuff though :(

• Like 1

Lauren said they figured out what was wrong with the pending shop orders and it should be fixed soon.

I'm still super overwhelmed with the Rakuten stuff. I normally avoid affiliate programs etc, but since Memebox has been a main source of reviews over the year, theirs is the only affiliate program I've joined before. The Rakuten site is mega confusing for me so I just avoid it. The end of the month is looming so I really should start learning how to do stuff though :(

Yep know that feeling . I still don't feel it's been explained well.i need to know what form I would enter in too as I'm uk. But at present it's not going to be viable to sign up if your in Europe as we pay tax and unless you are self employed we will get taxed double also as we can only payout at $50 that means paypal or bank charges will convert and deduct ontop so we will be left with $30 max . And we still have to pay a charge as it's an American service too. So I don't see how it's viable if you are outside America as such . If I knew what form to enter I may sign up and try but it doesn't explain that . Any one know what form I click.

Also what happens about review points now are they still happening if people sign up or if they stop if they don't no one seems to know . Even rakuten said they don't recommend signing up if in Europe due to the extra charges .???

I have less than $10 in commission, so less than the minimum required to make a withdrawal. Does anyone know if they'll credit me in points or something when the current affiliate program officially expires at the end of the month? Or do I lose out because I didn't meet the minimum? Hope this makes sense; thanks in advance.

Oh, and I'm not bothering with Rakuten, ha ha.

I'm okay with the affiliate program coming to an end for me. I earned some points, got some free things. I even agree with the decision to only give it to bloggers. You folks do the work, you should benefit from it. While I'm enjoyed getting free stuff, part of me has always felt a little guilty that I do nothing except post a link occasionally. I'm also going to be happy to see the spamming of affiliate links slow down. I may not be a blogger, but I wasn't a spammer either. 

So here's my important question, I've only cashed out for points before. Are cash payments in USD? I'm probably going to take my last commission payout and go on a haul somewhere else. I really want it to be USD, that'll go further for me. 

• Like 1

• NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!

• Recent images in this topic

• My Netflix subscription is cancelled. I was only allowed the free month. I wanted so badly to watch a new show called Ares that came out Friday. I did not think I would get to see it before my subscription expired, but I did. I was able to watch it on the last day! I was so happy, because I'm not allowed to renew Netflix per my no buy rules. And I can't live with exceptions to my rules. Ares I loved and hated at the same time. I loved the cast, acting, sets, costumes, hair and makeup, exteriors, and story line. Ares is a great story about a poor and stressed college girl joining an Illuminati type of cult, in Amsterdam. But I hated all the gory horror, and they killed off so many interesting characters. The gory horror is hard to watch, and could be triggering to some. I know the gruesome elements are symbolizing something important in the story, but it's disturbing. The first episodes were good at developing the story, but at the end it was exhausting with all the violence. I think it would have been great as just a psychological drama. Still I'm so glad I got to watch it without violating my rules. Back to watching no buy videos on YouTube now. 
    • I didn't tryied the vitimin C serum cream for my skin, I think it very harsh when you are using it at your skin so it would be hard for me to have it I will try something else..
    • Today was pay day. I paid $22.90 extra on my credit card. I realized I'm now halfway done with my goal for the month - to pay $100.00 toward my credit card (including minimum payment). It's halfway through the month, so I am right on track! I made a $30 payment last week. I got deodorant, the only beauty item I need to replace. I ended up not getting the fancy new Secret or an Avon set, but just regular Secret Paris Rose from Dollar General. It was $5 - I thought that was a little high in price. I had this deo before during my No Buys, so it's a tradition. I didn't feel like spending extra or taking the time to order online. Too lazy to fill out the order pages! I sure am out of practice shopping! 
    • What am I wishing for right now? Yesterday I was looking at the Yves Rocher French website to see if they have anything new that might come to the US. I found something to love, but not a thing this time. In France, Yves Rocher has special salons. They have some fabulous sounding treatments. One I really fell in love with was an eyebrow treatment. They put eye patches under your eyes, then while those are on, they shape the eyebrows. After all is done, they apply an eye cream. That's what I'd love right now, and I suppose I could copy it at home with what I already have. 
    • It feels like it has been January for a long time, but we're only halfway through the month. There's still time to do a lot of things this month!  I have some empties! I finished my three DHC foil packets, the two mini micellar waters from my Yves Rocher Advent Calendar, and my Neutrogena Shampoo mini.  Now using up: June Jacobs Green Tea and Cucumber Shampoo mini Freeman Cucumber and Pink Salt Masque packet MAC Strobe Cream mini in Pinklite - This is a really nice cream that has a bit of pink color corrector and a bit of luminosity. It's great for a no makeup routine! Very pretty, and feels wonderful on the skin. I got it in an Ipsy bag.  I had the Freeman cucumber masque in my project use it up in January 2018. Now I have another one to use. There is a lot of product in the packet. It is enough for several weeks of use. But it is a clay masque, so it gets dry and messy in the packet. I recall having a hard time using it all up before. So I opened the packet all around the edges, and used a spatula to transfer the contents into an empty jar so it will stay fresh and be easier to use up. I'm looking forward to using it with my new masque brush! I will be having some fun masque and movie nights!     

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook