kawaiisofoxy

Birchbox August 2014 - Spoilers!

I hate my two boxes this month. Not a fan of a single item from either box which is rare for me! I don't know box #s but I got

Model ℅ bronzer

Catherine malandrino perfume

Neil George shampoo/conditioner

I can't remember the 5th sample.

Model ℅ bronzer

Vasanti scrub

Stainiac

Wish shave cream

Catherine malandrino

Off to the swap thread!

My Every Girl box is only showing four samples:

No. 4

Benefit Push Up Liner

Radio body wash

Hello Perfume

Shouldn't there be a fifth sample in there?  I am thinking there was a scrub that should be there also maybe? It's the same on both accounts that get the Every Girl box.

My Every Girl box is only showing four samples:

No. 4

Benefit Push Up Liner

Radio body wash

Hello Perfume

Shouldn't there be a fifth sample in there?  I am thinking there was a scrub that should be there also maybe? It's the same on both accounts that get the Every Girl box.

My page also shows 4 samples, but when I "opened" my box on my ipad, it showed the facial scrub also :)

• Like 1

I got one of the Laura Geller boxes.  There were 5 items in it, but are only 4 showing for review.  I'm hoping they're just not done loading yet???

• Like 1

Well as per usual, the Every Girl Box I was promised is not coming instead I'm getting this:

Harvey Prince Temptress

stila All Day Lipstick

uniqOne hair treatment

Arangara Body Lotion

I already closed this account because I bought a yearly sub with the Gilt offer on another account. I don't guess it's worth contacting them again.

On the other account, I'm getting:

Benefit total moisture face cream

Laqa & Co sheer lip lube pencil (didn't like the first one I got)

Dr Jart Dis-a-pore balm

Neil George shampoo & conditioner

I changed my profile on the yearly to makeup only just to see what happens.

Both boxes for me are <_<

It seems the website doesn't have the acure exfoliater yet, it's the last sample in the eg box. It's actually the reason I picked the box. .. it's my fav! I love how it soaps up with water a little so you're cleansing and exfoliating.

So, here's another one of the LG eyeshadow boxes:

Neil George shampoo and conditioner

Key West Aloe Mango lotion

nugg revitalizing face mask

LG eyeshadow - silver sands

I'm kind of annoyed about the shampoo;  I don't mind getting haircare stuff at all, but this is the second time in a few months I've gotten shampoo with SLS, and I do have colored hair marked in my profile.  That just shouldn't be going out to subscribers that color their hair.  It's a waste of a sample, it's certainly not something I'd ever buy.

The lotion is a really nice surprise.  It's wonderful. Absorbs right away, and has the most amazing scent.  It doesn't smell at all like mango to me, it's a beachy scent.  I can't stop sniffing my arm.  :lol:

I don't care for the eyeshadow at all.  It looks dark coming out of the tube, but it's silvery-whitish on the eye.  Much, much too shimmery, and white/silver eyeshadow looks terrible on me.   I put it on about 3 hours ago, and there's very little left on the eyelid, but I have little glittery bits all around and under my eyes. 

I'm getting this box too. Pretty sure this is the worst birchbox I've ever received. I will not use the shampoo and conditioner. My hair(well really my scalp) is dry and I've finally got that under control with Hempz Couture. The other two products are about the cheapest products they ever sent me. I feel like other than the shadow they're sending me a drugstore box. Have they not realized from my orders that I don't buy or use drugstore stuff? Have they not realized that when they send me luxe items I tend to buy them and they make more money off me? Dumb, birchbox. Dumb.

Got my 1st box!

- LG Shadow

- Neil George Shampoo & Conditioner

- Mango Lotion

- Nugg Mask

I'm actually really thrilled with this box!  I love love LOVE the Silver Sands color, it's the perfect shade of taupe, blends easily, I'm so excited to try it both on its own and as a base for loose shadows!  Shampoo & Conditioner are meh, but I was pretty much expecting them and they will be used.  The mango lotion smells AMAZING and the Nugg mask is the revitalizing one.  Seriously excited to try everything!!!

Happy someone likes this box. One man's trash is another man's treasure?

Hey gals, I have a newbie question.

If I wanted to add a second sub, would I have to join after the 10th to make sure I get an August box? I did look through the BB Faq's page, but I just wanted to verify.

Thank you :)

If you order in August, you will get an August box. That's true the first day of August all the way up to the last day of August.

Also, I have to say that I'm kind of disappointed in myself for choosing the LG sample and VASTLY reducing the number of boxes I could have received down to those 3. I'm pretty bummed that Birchbox only made 3 boxes with the LG sample. I'm excited for the LG sample, but I've been a subscriber for two years and I've already received a lot of the samples being sent out this month. I would have only been able to receive 17 of the 64 combos being sent out, most of those 17 with awesome products. I think I would have ended up with a MUCH better box if I hadn't chosen the LG sample. *Sigh*

Agree. Wish I didn't choose the shadow.

Wow, I only received my shipping notice late yesterday and I received my box today. It's one they just filled in so I hadn't seen it before but yeh, I'm pretty happy.

ETA: Looks like I am box 36. Which included a peelie card of Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer which I left out of the picture. Nothing to write home about except it looks like I can review it for points. So cool.

What is that deluxe LM item?

i just used the nugg facemask (there is enough in the pod for two applications, btw) and omg - so refreshing!!  I want to purchase the pods at bb, but they are sold out! 

they are wonderful, if you love tingling, refreshing masks (this has peppermint in it)

they also have other varieties - of which I will be picking up one of the other ones..

This at least gives me some hope.

I hope I get something from Marcelle! That's a Canadian brand that I used to buy sometimes when I lived in Canada, and I always had good luck with it. I haven't lived in Canada for years though, so I'm glad to see it coming to the US. I'm curious about what their newer products are like. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

I got the Marcelle serum last month and ended up ordering the full size. Love it!!

Someone received the EveryGirl Box! 

(Not my pic, from a FB group!)

10610812_715619595142163_619548517580960

So glad I got this box on my 2nd sub. This at least redeems BB for me this month.

My roommate got an awesome box. Bronzer, Ojon oil, Derma-E Hydrating Mist, Hello Breath Mist and Dr. Jart BB cream. She didn't pick an option

How big is the Ojon sample?

Got my box! Love it!attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Jealous! Great box!

• Like 1

Got my box yesterday. I didn't pick any specific items this month since none of them was of particular interest to me. I got the Neil George shampoo and conditioner, the benefit push up liner, shiseido power infusing concentrate, and dr jart bb dis-a-pore. The overall value of my box is $43 that doesn't even include the $5 I get for reviews.

I'm disappointed in the benefit product. Very hard to use at least in the sample size version I got.

I'm one who is always happy to get shampoo and conditioners but not when the have sulfates and parabens in them so those I donate to a women's shelter in town along with ones I get from traveling in hotels etc.

BB usually does a good job of sending sulfate/paraben free hair products in my experience so no big deal this one time. I get yuzen and petit vour and those are more ingredient friendly but for the value after figuring in the points, I will continue to get BB as well. Overall, just a so so month for me with BB. I may change my mind after I try the shiseido product though, sometimes finding that one awesome product is worth the whole box!

.  bb4_385x385_14.jpg

I received my box on Friday and I got a variation I haven't seen anyone post yet....not that anyone will be devastated about missing out on this one...

I didn't choose a sample, so it was interesting to see I received both the bronzer and the eyeliner.  Not too thrilling but I'm sure I'll use them both.

I'm looking forward to trying the Vasanti scrub - I like their products and this is one I haven't tried yet.  It's always great to see a cardboard shampoo/conditioner sample *sigh*  But I'll take all the shampoo and conditioner if I never have to see another Supergoop product!!  Not the worst box I've ever gotten, but nothing exciting. 

• Like 1

@@JenTX I totally agree that Birchbox value is always subjective!  The second they swatched the LG shadow in the preview video I HAD TO HAVE IT.  Complete and total lemming.  I had huge issues in actually selecting it (I was driving home to visit family on a 10-hour trip when the selection window opened, stopped at a rest stop and tried to select it, got a confirmation for the flippin' black eyeliner, sent an email from my phone, BB never got it.  Called, they said they were out of stock.  Emailed again from my iPad, BB didn't get it.  Forwarded the email AGAIN from my laptop, BB FINALLY replied and confirmed I got it.  This entire process took about 4 days.  At that point, I didn't care if they put rocks in for my other 4 samples. Because YAY SHADOW.)

Also, I love face masks, I actually like the mango lotion, and I'm currently going through a "let's use the millions of shampoo/conditioner samples I've gotten over the last year!" stage.  But I can absolutely see how someone would find this box disappointing.  I hope your Sept box makes you much happier!

How come everyone keeps getting black eyeliner when they don't want it/didn't select it, and I haven't gotten any and would love to receive it in my box?! I also keep getting BB/CC creams when I can't use them because they break me out, and exfloliants when my profile clearly says I have rosacea :( I selected the stainiac because lip products never give me trouble, and I haven't gotten any the past few months. For some reason I keep getting tons of skincare even though I don't have it  checked. 

I wish birchbox would make sub-categories on their profile questionnaire.

Edited by KrissyKat

Arg. I picked the bronzer for my sample choice on my main account and my box online is showing a box with the eyshadow and no bronzer at all. :(  I hope this is just an error on the website in my account and not the actual  box I'm getting. I'll be super bummed if I don't get the bronzer, as I'm just about out and I picked this sample specifically because of the bronzer!

The account that I chose the stainiac on (and got a confirmation email for) doesn't show that I am getting the stainiac. I really wanted to try it. Maybe some of the boxes just aren't populating correctly? 

Well as per usual, the Every Girl Box I was promised is not coming instead I'm getting this:

Harvey Prince Temptress

stila All Day Lipstick

uniqOne hair treatment

Arangara Body Lotion

I already closed this account because I bought a yearly sub with the Gilt offer on another account. I don't guess it's worth contacting them again.

OOoo - what color is the Stila?

bb22_385x385_13.jpg

I am getting box 22, which is the one i really want when browsing the selections (first time this ever happened that I got one that I want). I chose the stainiac, but also really wanted the eyeliner, so I am so excited they are both in this box! The dry shampoo is something I have always wanted to try, and really likes the Naobay brand from something I tried from glossybox. 

• Like 2

Arg. I picked the bronzer for my sample choice on my main account and my box online is showing a box with the eyshadow and no bronzer at all. :(  I hope this is just an error on the website in my account and not the actual  box I'm getting. I'll be super bummed if I don't get the bronzer, as I'm just about out and I picked this sample specifically because of the bronzer!

If the bronzer doesn't arrive in your box, check out the trade thread:

http://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/133666-birchbox-swaps-august-2014/

I picked the bronzer and received my box today.  Box 25.  Pretty happy with it. 

Link since I can't figure out how to post a pic and am too lazy to go figure it out right now.

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/august-2014/august-2014-bb25

I'm getting this box on my main subscription. What is the little laura mercier container? Is that the tinted moisturizer? Why is there also a cardboard sample?

How come everyone keeps getting black eyeliner when they don't want it/didn't select it, and I haven't gotten any and would love to receive it in my box?! I also keep getting BB/CC creams when I can't use them because they break me out, and exfloliants when my profile clearly says I have rosacea :( I selected the stainiac because lip products never give me trouble, and I haven't gotten any the past few months. For some reason I keep getting tons of skincare even though I don't have it  checked. 

I wish birchbox would make sub-categories on their profile questionnaire.

I also have rosacea, so the exfoliants in the box always get me, too.  If you ever want to use one, I found one that works for my skin.  Cure Aqua Gel.  It's from Japan, and very gentle.  You can get it on Amazon.  Costly, but one bottle lasts quite a few months.  (Lasts me around a year, but I don't use it as often as I should.)

• Like 3

I picked the eyeliner and I ended up getting that and the bronzer. I'm happy to trade. I'm not a bronzer fan so it'll probably end up sitting in  a drawer 

Hi, just joined:) been lurking a while... Thanks for all the useful info!

Got my box- never got the sample choice email, and BB hasn't responded to my email asking why:(. Would have chosen the stainiac, and I got it anyway! And the bronzer. Guess not choosing paid off!

• Like 3

.  bb4_385x385_14.jpg

I received my box on Friday and I got a variation I haven't seen anyone post yet....not that anyone will be devastated about missing out on this one...

I didn't choose a sample, so it was interesting to see I received both the bronzer and the eyeliner.  Not too thrilling but I'm sure I'll use them both.

I'm looking forward to trying the Vasanti scrub - I like their products and this is one I haven't tried yet.  It's always great to see a cardboard shampoo/conditioner sample *sigh*  But I'll take all the shampoo and conditioner if I never have to see another Supergoop product!!  Not the worst box I've ever gotten, but nothing exciting. 

I also got this box...sadness :(

• Like 1

I don't think that all of the boxes are populating correctly. My box that I got yesterday is not the box that is showing on my account. I'm going to review it right quick and then send an email.

• Like 1