kawaiisofoxy

Birchbox August 2014 - Spoilers!

It appears that Birchbox is letting me review the No. 4 and the HP Hello even though I've received both already :]

edit: i take that back, its ONLY letting me review the No. 4, not the HP Hello - I have no idea why because I definitely received the No. 4 spray before.

Edited by kawaiimeows

I'm getting this box on my main subscription. What is the little laura mercier container? Is that the tinted moisturizer? Why is there also a cardboard sample?

The Laura Mercier container is the Tone Perfecting Eye Gel Creme.  It looks bigger than it is--it's 0.17oz, but I'm excited to try it.  The cardboard sample is like what you get from magazine samples--3 peel backs of tinted moisturizer in 3 shades.  I hope that means we can review 6 items.  Weird thing is that it currently looks like I can review the moisturizer but the not eye creme. 

Edited for spelling error. 

Edited by AngeBrooklyn

I don't think that all of the boxes are populating correctly. My box that I got yesterday is not the box that is showing on my account. I'm going to review it right quick and then send an email.

There certainly is something wonky happening. I noticed one of my boxes shows an item on the Birchbox app but it's not showing when I log in on my laptop.  A lot of the box pics (the few that are loaded) do not match the contents, they're either showing different items/products or they're not listed at all, making reviewing for points a pain.  :( 

Hopefully someone will go through and fix them on BB's end. Mostly so everyone gets the points!!

Ugh.  My clever attempt to avoid the bronzer and black eyeliner by not picking a sample resulted in a bronzer box with a fragrance (I'm on the as-few-fragrances-as-possible bandwagon) and shampoo and conditioner I'm receiving in my eyeshadow box.  *And* it's a five-item box, and I'm at 148 points before reviews, so I'll be stuck at 198 after reviews!  (I'm thinking about ordering some tea -- I drink of lot of it -- to go over 200 and place a $20-precisely-and-not-a-penny-over order since I'm going to be canceling this account anyway now that we can no longer flip to gift cards.)  Well, at least there's a bb balm in there to try since I'm on the hunt for a new bb cream.  Pretty & Cute is discontinuing Missha!  *sob*  I got a sample of what was apparently Estee Lauder's lightest (both in terms of weight and color) foundation to give it a try as a potential replacement, and I *hated* the texture.  Maybe P&C can give me a handful of bb cream foils to try.  I DO NOT LIKE clamshell samples when it comes to this stuff.

Teal deer:  Whiney whiney whine.  Also, the big gray kitty is shedding at me relentlessly.  And the little black kitty is standing in the kitty bathroom (the utility closet with the water heater, which is where their litter boxes are located) and chirping.  Sunday morning fun.

• Like 1

meaganola, on 10 Aug 2014 - 09:52, said:

Ugh. My clever attempt to avoid the bronzer and black eyeliner by not picking a sample resulted in a bronzer box with a fragrance (I'm on the as-few-fragrances-as-possible bandwagon) and shampoo and conditioner I'm receiving in my eyeshadow box. *And* it's a five-item box, and I'm at 148 points before reviews, so I'll be stuck at 198 after reviews! (I'm thinking about ordering some tea -- I drink of lot of it -- to go over 200 and place a $20-precisely-and-not-a-penny-over order since I'm going to be canceling this account anyway now that we can no longer flip to gift cards.) Well, at least there's a bb balm in there to try since I'm on the hunt for a new bb cream. Pretty & Cute is discontinuing Missha! *sob* I got a sample of what was apparently Estee Lauder's lightest (both in terms of weight and color) foundation to give it a try as a potential replacement, and I *hated* the texture. Maybe P&C can give me a handful of bb cream foils to try. I DO NOT LIKE clamshell samples when it comes to this stuff. Teal deer: Whiney whiney whine. Also, the big gray kitty is shedding at me relentlessly. And the little black kitty is standing in the kitty bathroom (the utility closet with the water heater, which is where their litter boxes are located) and chirping. Sunday morning fun.

Oh God, when I was reading this this I honestly thought "she got the eyeliner AND bronzer box"

At least you didn't! Lol Sorry about the rest of your day but at least you have two cute kitties? :)

I also have rosacea, so the exfoliants in the box always get me, too.  If you ever want to use one, I found one that works for my skin.  Cure Aqua Gel.  It's from Japan, and very gentle.  You can get it on Amazon.  Costly, but one bottle lasts quite a few months.  (Lasts me around a year, but I don't use it as often as I should.)

@@mellee - Thank you for the tip!! My derm only diagnosed my rosacea a few months ago, so I'm new to the whole thing. CeraVe wash + EpiCeram cream at the moment. I got the Vasanti Brighten Up a few boxes ago, and decided just to use it on my lips because my skin does not need micro-dermabrasion crystals.

And for a second I thought @@meaganola got bronzer, perfume, shampoo and conditioner and was like "that is the WORST BOX EVER". Thankfully the yuck was spread between two boxes and I'm glad you got a few things you liked/wanted!

I feel bad that the sample selection isn't working out for everyone. These past few PYS months have resulted in some of the best boxes EVER for me AND I don't have to stress about getting dupe boxes!

I didn't pick a sample and this is the box I got:

- Stainiac

- ModelCo bronzer

- Whish shave cream

- Vasanti

- Catherine Malandrino perfume

This box is kind of amazing!!

• Like 2

.  bb4_385x385_14.jpg

I received my box on Friday and I got a variation I haven't seen anyone post yet....not that anyone will be devastated about missing out on this one...

I didn't choose a sample, so it was interesting to see I received both the bronzer and the eyeliner.  Not too thrilling but I'm sure I'll use them both.

I'm looking forward to trying the Vasanti scrub - I like their products and this is one I haven't tried yet.  It's always great to see a cardboard shampoo/conditioner sample *sigh*  But I'll take all the shampoo and conditioner if I never have to see another Supergoop product!!  Not the worst box I've ever gotten, but nothing exciting. 

This is my box on my yearly account this month.  FAIL.  I am not excited at all.  Guess after a great July I was due for a dud.

• Like 1

It appears that Birchbox is letting me review the No. 4 and the HP Hello even though I've received both already :]

edit: i take that back, its ONLY letting me review the No. 4, not the HP Hello - I have no idea why because I definitely received the No. 4 spray before.

I've also received both of these. I just tried and was able to review both...I figured I better hurry up and do it before Birchbox changed its mind about letting me review again.

OOoo - what color is the Stila?

Hard to tell really from the pic. Maybe a pink? I'm guessing the box will be here this week.

Oh and there was one more item that I didn't see until I scrolled all the way down that is also coming; something called Benefit b.right Radiant Skincare intro kit

UGH.  I'm getting

Harvey Prince (spray?) perfume

Noir eyeliner

Amika dry shampoo

SeaRx face cream

breath spray trio

I did not get an email to pick samples so I was hopeful. I should have known better.  Two black eyeliners this month (Ipsy and now BB). I believe it's time for me to fly - away from BB and Ipsy.

Ugghhh just realized I forgot to review my July items! :(

You may be able to still review them.  I didn't realize you could review items for points for a number of months (how silly of me!) and when I found out, I was able to go back a month or two to review things.

Was up this morning for the box reveal!   I picked the Staniac and I'm getting that with the Ageless lotion, Amika Dry Shampoo, a black eyeliner (sigh), and Vasanti detox cleanser. Im happy about the dry shampoo, so this box is pretty good for me.

I'm getting the same box on one account! On the other, I'm getting the popular LG eyeshadow/shampoo and conditioner/Ageless lotion/Nugg mask box.

The only dupe is the Ageless lotion, which is a great dupe for me! I didn't get the Hello lotion in July so I was hoping to try the Ageless.

I'm excited for Stainiac and the LG. I am almost done with my Stainiac sample, so this is perfect timing!

I am also excited for the Amika. I can always use more dry shampoo. The only dud is the black eyeliner.

I'm a little sad because my box made it to my house the other day and I could have gone spoiler free but I wasn't home to see. Also, another crappy box. The dry shampoo is probably the only thing I'll use. I think I need to change my profile on this account after getting rid of my extra accounts. I never get a good box on here except last month.

It sounds like people may of gotten money back for the mag subscription from last month...can someone tell me how to do that??

Almost forgot.... I got my refund check for 9.99 from the women's health box last month. Woohoo!

How did this refund work?

I should've known that when Ipsy sent me the Klorane dry shampoo, BB would find one to send me too :( I'm getting the Amika and back when I had two BBs my monthly account got it but I've never been a fan of dry shampoos so now I'm off to find it a new home! :) 

bb25_385x385_13.jpg

If the LM moisturizer is on the cardboard, then whats in the little pot? I have nothing else listed other than the moisturizer but I was thinking that the cardboard was like an explanation card, but they don't include those in the box photos. And *ugh* for the Supergoop but yay for the breath spray! Is it weird that I wanted the breath spray?

I am getting a 4 item box this month, which is kinda disappointing, but I am hoping that once I receive it I will get over it because I am pretty excited about all but one of the samples, They're Real Mascara, the Stainiac, Catherine Malandrino Style de Paris(meh) and the Key West Aloe Lotion. 

I should've known that when Ipsy sent me the Klorane dry shampoo, BB would find one to send me too :( I'm getting the Amika and back when I had two BBs my monthly account got it but I've never been a fan of dry shampoos so now I'm off to find it a new home! :)

bb25_385x385_13.jpg

If the LM moisturizer is on the cardboard, then whats in the little pot? I have nothing else listed other than the moisturizer but I was thinking that the cardboard was like an explanation card, but they don't include those in the box photos. And *ugh* for the Supergoop but yay for the breath spray! Is it weird that I wanted the breath spray?

No, I wanted to try that breath spray too.  You're lucky it's in your box.  :)

• Like 2

How did this refund work?

There was a card in the July box for Women's Health. Read the fine print on it, it tells you that you have to check the box for the refund, fill it out, and attach a receipt from your Birchbox subscription. Make sure to send it to the address that's in the fine print, as the big address on the Women's Health card is not the right one.

• Like 2