kawaiisofoxy

Birchbox August 2014 - Spoilers!

I should've known that when Ipsy sent me the Klorane dry shampoo, BB would find one to send me too :( I'm getting the Amika and back when I had two BBs my monthly account got it but I've never been a fan of dry shampoos so now I'm off to find it a new home! :)

bb25_385x385_13.jpg

If the LM moisturizer is on the cardboard, then whats in the little pot? I have nothing else listed other than the moisturizer but I was thinking that the cardboard was like an explanation card, but they don't include those in the box photos. And *ugh* for the Supergoop but yay for the breath spray! Is it weird that I wanted the breath spray?

This is the same box I received. The LM pot is Tone Perfecting Eye Gel Creme.

@@mellee - Thank you for the tip!! My derm only diagnosed my rosacea a few months ago, so I'm new to the whole thing. CeraVe wash + EpiCeram cream at the moment. I got the Vasanti Brighten Up a few boxes ago, and decided just to use it on my lips because my skin does not need micro-dermabrasion crystals.

Cure doesn't have any crystals at all, so it's not exfoliating by scratching.  It's almost the texture of aloe vera gel.  You rub it gently over your (washed and dried) face, and it starts to kind of pill up the dead skin cells into little white balls, which you just rinse away.  It's very odd - buy my face feels amazingly smooth after using it.

• Like 1

My tracking is very odd this month.  I clicked the link from my email and it has package 1 and package 2, with the same reference number but different tracking numbers.  They are 'born' on different days and have different tracking info.  Very odd.

Ugghhh just realized I forgot to review my July items! :(

@ you still may be able to review them. I think they give you about a month from that time you receive the box (or from the time you should have received it). I just reviewed my July products 3 or 4 days ago

There was a card in the July box for Women's Health. Read the fine print on it, it tells you that you have to check the box for the refund, fill it out, and attach a receipt from your Birchbox subscription. Make sure to send it to the address that's in the fine print, as the big address on the Women's Health card is not the right one.

(Sorry I'm so lame and need total hand holding) What do they consider a receipt? I purchased with my sub with the gilt deal...would my July email suffice?

I am getting a 4 item box this month, which is kinda disappointing, but I am hoping that once I receive it I will get over it because I am pretty excited about all but one of the samples, They're Real Mascara, the Stainiac, Catherine Malandrino Style de Paris(meh) and the Key West Aloe Lotion. 

I'm getting the same box as you! I was also disappointed it's only 4 items, since it means less points. I've also gotten spoiled by their 6 and even 7 item boxes--I love getting all those points! I love that mascara though--I've paid full price for it before--and I'm excited to try Stainiac, so I'm looking forward to it.

I'm getting box 43. It's one of those boxes that makes me question why I still get Birchbox.

Harvey Prince Ageless Perfume (I have tried it and do not like it.)

Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow (I have severely oily skin. WTF?)

ModelCo Bronzer (I don't use bronzer.)

Not Soap, Radio Body Wash (Probably the only thing I wanted in my box this month...kinda.)

Acure Brightening Facial Scrub (This isn't available to review. Again, WTF?)

I have zero idea why I can't review the scrub. There isn't even a link to buy the full size. -_________-

meggpi, on 10 Aug 2014 - 15:44, said:

My tracking is very odd this month. I clicked the link from my email and it has package 1 and package 2, with the same reference number but different tracking numbers. They are 'born' on different days and have different tracking info. Very odd.

I have that on my second account too, it's the Everygirl box...one is in GA and the other in TN. I saw a few pages ago a few other girls had it too but I think I saw someone got an email saying they sent the wrong box first, so now they're sending the right one and the wrong one's on the house :) I didn't get an email so I don't wanna get my hopes up for a "twofer" lol so don't be too angry if the first box you get doesn't have the sample you picked,it's probably coming :)

How did this refund work?

They sent a post card in the birchbox last month, you could send it in for the subscription and if you wanted the 9.99 refund you send in the card with the refund box checked and a copy of your birchbox subscription receipt.

My main account box picture shows five items, but only four are listed. Ugh. It's not a very exciting box either. But in better news, that K6 cleanser I got in one of my other boxes is amazing! My skin looked visibly bright and clearer after I used it, plus it was smoother. My rosacea has been horrible ever since I had the baby, so this was a nice surprise. Definitely getting some next time I place an order.

I'm getting the same box as you! I was also disappointed it's only 4 items, since it means less points. I've also gotten spoiled by their 6 and even 7 item boxes--I love getting all those points! I love that mascara though--I've paid full price for it before--and I'm excited to try Stainiac, so I'm looking forward to it.

I'm also getting this box. Not terribly exciting. I feel like I've been getting a lot of lotion lately.

post-105935-0-01856000-1407722016.jpg

I'm actually pretty happy with this box considering I wasn't too over-the-moon about anything in particular this month. I didn't choose a sample because I was pretty indifferent about the options. My fiance loves the Atelier cologne/perfumes so if this is manly enough it's going to him. The Whish shaving cream is something I've received on a different account and enjoyed, so that's fine. Porefessional is something I use and have a lot of, but I can always use more. Staniac is fine. Not something I will use a lot but I don't actually own it so that's cool by me! I'm actually excited about the derma-e hydrating mist as I looove facial mists. 

Got to admit I was kind of hoping for one of the little breath sprays, though! LOL

• Like 1

I'm getting box 43. It's one of those boxes that makes me question why I still get Birchbox.

Not Soap, Radio Body Wash (Probably the only thing I wanted in my box this month...kinda.)

I have zero idea why I can't review the scrub. There isn't even a link to buy the full size. -_________-

I think that the Acure scrub just isn't loaded properly online yet. I bet we'll be able to review it for points within a couple days. At least I hope so!

• Like 1

amika_perkupdryshampoo_new_900x900_copy.

modelco_bronzeshimmer_900x900.jpg

drjart_bbdisapore_900x900.jpg

nugg_facemask_soothing_5pack_900x900.jpg

supergoop_foreveryounghandcream1oz_900x9

My box, I am fairly pleased with it: So far I am not a fan of dry shampoos, they make my hair feel disgusting and look gray, but the reviews on the Amika seem to indicate that it smells good and is a bit different than most dry shampoos, so I'll give it a try and keep an open mind, I didn't choose a sample, but if I did it would have been the bronzer so I'm happy about that, I am interested in trying the Dr. Jart BB cream, I am very excited for the Nugg masks, and the super goop hand cream I could take or leave.

I'm happy with my box. I chose the Staniac sample. I'm not really into black eyeliner, but I hear this is a good one, so I'm interested to try the formula. I think the size of the Amika cans they're sending out is adorable, and I love dry shampoo and haven't tried Amika's. The scent of the body cream sounds like it's up my alley, and I prefer receiving the body cream to the perfume version. I'm not too excited about the Vasanti cleanser, but I did really like their exfoliator, so who knows? Weirdly, this is box august-2014-bb46-1, as box august-2014-bb46 just redirects to box 45.

To the people receiving the Nexxus punishment box: the Nexxus foils can be reviewed individually, so it's actually a 7-item box and $2 more dollars in the Birchbox shop, if that helps at all.  :flowers:

bb46_385x385_12.jpg

• Like 1

I'm getting both Stainiac AND the bronzer in my box this month, which I find surprising since they were a part of the "pick your sample", I didn't pick a sample I said surprise me and I'm getting both of them. I don't really want the bronzer and I already have a full size stainiac but I like it a lot so I'll prob put this one in my purse.

I'm also getting whish shave cream, vasanti brighten up and Catharine perfume.

Just saw my box reveal, I'm a sad panda. Four yes, four! hair care products!! Ugh. A black eyeliner, again. An over priced face serum and breath spray. The breath spray is the only thing I'm happy to try. I'm going to call CS about getting 4 hair items in a single box.

I just put on the Nugg revitalizing mask.   Wow, talk about side benefits.....it cleared up my stuffy (allergy) nose!   It smells just like Vicks Vapo-Rub.  I compared ingredients, and sure enough, the mask has menthol and camphor, the stuff that gives Vicks its sinus-clearing powers. 

I am so getting a pack of these to keep in stock for allergy/cold season.  :D

This mask was a nice surprise overall.  I have dry/sensitive skin, and it sounded like it had the potential to be very irritating, with the mint and the menthol and the camphor.  It wasn't at all irritating.  Just the opposite, it was very refreshing and cooling, just right for a summer night.  And surprisingly moisturizing. My skin feels sooo nice and soft.

Edited by Lyllis
  • Like 5

I'm happy with my box. I chose the Staniac sample. I'm not really into black eyeliner, but I hear this is a good one, so I'm interested to try the formula. I think the size of the Amika cans they're sending out is adorable, and I love dry shampoo and haven't tried Amika's. The scent of the body cream sounds like it's up my alley, and I prefer receiving the body cream to the perfume version. I'm not too excited about the Vasanti cleanser, but I did really like their exfoliator, so who knows? Weirdly, this is box august-2014-bb46-1, as box august-2014-bb46 just redirects to box 45.

To the people receiving the Nexxus punishment box: the Nexxus foils can be reviewed individually, so it's actually a 7-item box and $2 more dollars in the Birchbox shop, if that helps at all.  :flowers:

bb46_385x385_12.jpg

This is one of my boxes too.  I am not sure how I feel yet.  I am interested in trying the Amika, body cream, and vasanti.  I have sooo many eyeliners I'm not sure this one will even get opened and I have a stainiac from my other account.  Who knows,  a lot of the time I am happier with the box in person.  

My account says this is my box:

bb27_385x385_12.jpg

Stainiac: by request
PC resist: Yessssssss, I've loved every PC product I've tried, and was hoping to get this

Shavin cream: I shave, but I use shaving cream exactly zero % of the time. Maybe I've been missing out my entire life, but probably not.

Ageless Grapefruit: Sure whatevs. I'll spray that on me at least once, for science. This is my second box, and my second of (hopefully only) six perfumes.

Protect spray: I received this as a mystery/pick two when I subscribed, and haven't used it, because I blow dry my hair about three times a year. I just noticed that it's also used as a leave-in conditioner, so I'll give it a shot.

I'm thrilled that my box does not include bronzer, black eyeliner, breath spray, porefessional, hairspray, or color protecting hair products.

I'm disappointed that I didn't get amika spray (but I imagine I'll get some eventually), and that the Everygirl box is being offered as a promo now. That was my first choice for the Pick Your Sample, but it was sold out.

Overall pleased with this box.

I think this is my 12th month with Birchbox. Are they still sending out anniversary gifts (like the red keychain), or did that stop a while ago?

. bb4_385x385_14.jpg

I received my box on Friday and I got a variation I haven't seen anyone post yet....not that anyone will be devastated about missing out on this one...

I didn't choose a sample, so it was interesting to see I received both the bronzer and the eyeliner. Not too thrilling but I'm sure I'll use them both.

I'm looking forward to trying the Vasanti scrub - I like their products and this is one I haven't tried yet. It's always great to see a cardboard shampoo/conditioner sample *sigh* But I'll take all the shampoo and conditioner if I never have to see another Supergoop product!! Not the worst box I've ever gotten, but nothing exciting.

On the bright side this is a 7 item box. You get to review all three of those Nexus samples. :-)

P.s. Am I the only one who wishes she got the Supergoop? I love Supergoop! That hand cream has been sitting in my cart too. Lol.

Almost forgot.... I got my refund check for 9.99 from the women's health box last month. Woohoo!

Does anyone know if there is a deadline on sending this in?

@@JenTX I totally agree that Birchbox value is always subjective! The second they swatched the LG shadow in the preview video I HAD TO HAVE IT. Complete and total lemming. I had huge issues in actually selecting it (I was driving home to visit family on a 10-hour trip when the selection window opened, stopped at a rest stop and tried to select it, got a confirmation for the flippin' black eyeliner, sent an email from my phone, BB never got it. Called, they said they were out of stock. Emailed again from my iPad, BB didn't get it. Forwarded the email AGAIN from my laptop, BB FINALLY replied and confirmed I got it. This entire process took about 4 days. At that point, I didn't care if they put rocks in for my other 4 samples. Because YAY SHADOW.)

Also, I love face masks, I actually like the mango lotion, and I'm currently going through a "let's use the millions of shampoo/conditioner samples I've gotten over the last year!" stage. But I can absolutely see how someone would find this box disappointing. I hope your Sept box makes you much happier!

Not even subjective. My box is literally low value based on price of items other than the shadow. It's the lowest value box I think they have ever sent me. I'm about to hit two years, could I be hitting a wall of BB sending me good samples or is this just a fluke because I picked the unlucky eyeshadow sample?

Arg. I picked the bronzer for my sample choice on my main account and my box online is showing a box with the eyshadow and no bronzer at all. :( I hope this is just an error on the website in my account and not the actual box I'm getting. I'll be super bummed if I don't get the bronzer, as I'm just about out and I picked this sample specifically because of the bronzer!

Email them. They will make good on this.

The account that I chose the stainiac on (and got a confirmation email for) doesn't show that I am getting the stainiac. I really wanted to try it. Maybe some of the boxes just aren't populating correctly?

Some of the boxes definitely aren't done populating. That said, definitely email them.

bb22_385x385_13.jpg

I am getting box 22, which is the one i really want when browsing the selections (first time this ever happened that I got one that I want). I chose the stainiac, but also really wanted the eyeliner, so I am so excited they are both in this box! The dry shampoo is something I have always wanted to try, and really likes the Naobay brand from something I tried from glossybox.

This looks like a great box! Glad you're excited about it!

I should've known that when Ipsy sent me the Klorane dry shampoo, BB would find one to send me too :( I'm getting the Amika and back when I had two BBs my monthly account got it but I've never been a fan of dry shampoos so now I'm off to find it a new home! :)

bb25_385x385_13.jpg

If the LM moisturizer is on the cardboard, then whats in the little pot? I have nothing else listed other than the moisturizer but I was thinking that the cardboard was like an explanation card, but they don't include those in the box photos. And *ugh* for the Supergoop but yay for the breath spray! Is it weird that I wanted the breath spray?

I'm pretty sure this is an ultimate amazing box. I love everything about it.

The scrub isn't populated yet. I'm surprised you even knew you had it in your box since that's not the everygirl box. I emailed them yesterday about this. Will let you know when I hear back.

attachicon.gifbb6_385x385_13.jpg

I'm actually pretty happy with this box considering I wasn't too over-the-moon about anything in particular this month. I didn't choose a sample because I was pretty indifferent about the options. My fiance loves the Atelier cologne/perfumes so if this is manly enough it's going to him. The Whish shaving cream is something I've received on a different account and enjoyed, so that's fine. Porefessional is something I use and have a lot of, but I can always use more. Staniac is fine. Not something I will use a lot but I don't actually own it so that's cool by me! I'm actually excited about the derma-e hydrating mist as I looove facial mists.

Got to admit I was kind of hoping for one of the little breath sprays, though! LOL

I'm pretty sure that's the Orange Sanguine scent from AC which definitely works on both men and women. It's great! Edited by JenTX